Brexit: Anyone changed their mind?

Started by Borchester, July 29, 2021, 11:15:58 AM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Regarding Brexit (especially online) I think most people are too personally involved in the idea that their choice says something about them.

When you spent a few years calling people who voted the 'other way' idiots etc, you'd have to be confronted with some very damning evidence to prove to yourself that you were wrong, and they right.
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2021, 11:38:01 AM
That aside, if we DECIDE to adopt every law the EU makes then we decided.

Precisely. It's not that the EU have barking mad ideas, it's that they demand slavish adherence to them.  At least now if OUR MPs decide to follow the herd, we can choose to praise, or cull them ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 02:59:21 PM
So Johnny foreigner writes a law saying foods coming into their country must follow a certain law and the UK then adops that law. How is that any different

How many times do you need telling that UK quality laws are and always have  been far better than EU laws.

That aside, if we DECIDE to adopt every law the EU makes then we decided, you just don't get it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 03:38:34 PMSo those that don't agree with you are the enemy. 
No, remainers who persist are the enemy.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 03:38:34 PM
So those that don't agree with you are the enemy.  They wanted to remain, but ended up being dragged out in a ref based on lies. But their the enemy
Gerry the only reason you are here at the moment, is because the EU and the just about hopeless UK government are in deadlock over NI, or so they say. It changes nothing, not a thing, with any luck and a fair wind the Chinese will get the hump and deal with Brussels once and for all.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 29, 2021, 03:01:14 PM
I think I have changed my mind.

I was, until the end of 2016, prepared to accept remainers as sadly deluded europhiles unable to see the federalist demands of the gods they worshipped.

From 2017 onwards it became obvious they were the real enemy

They still are.

So those that don't agree with you are the enemy.  They wanted to remain, but ended up being dragged out in a ref based on lies. But their the enemy

johnofgwent

I think I have changed my mind.

I was, until the end of 2016, prepared to accept remainers as sadly deluded europhiles unable to see the federalist demands of the gods they worshipped.

From 2017 onwards it became obvious they were the real enemy

They still are.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on July 29, 2021, 11:15:58 AM
Brexiters siding with Remainers, Remainers now agreeing with Brexit?

I can't say that I have, but my attitude has always been pretty simple. I wanted UK laws made in the UK, not Brussels. I dare say that Johnny Foreigner could run Britain better than Westminster's current crop of numbnuts, but they are our numbnuts rather than EU numbnuts and that is the bit that counts.

Economics never entered into the matter. Actually I was rather expecting another recession, which has not arrived although I dare say that one will be along soon. But I thought freedom was worth a few job losses and a shilling or two on the income tax.

Immigration I could not care less about. A successful country will always attract immigrants so the time to start worrying is when folk stop trying to cross the Channel on leaking bicycle tyres.

But that is my take on the matter. How does everyone else feel?
So Johnny foreigner writes a law saying foods coming into their country must follow a certain law and the UK then adops that law. How is that any different

Sheepy

Oh yeah, the great golden age of the EU, oh how we laughed. The great Brussels central command control.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 29, 2021, 01:00:50 PM
My attitude towards remainers has turned from mild annoyance to derision.

Anyone who voted Remain is a quisling and is betraying the country. On another note, I feel the Labour party should be dissolved by decree.
Bring on that border on the island of Ireland.

Frankly anyone who voted Brexit either realises by now they have were fooled or is suffering from cognitive dissonance about the ever increasing disasters being caused by Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

My attitude towards remainers has turned from mild annoyance to derision.

Anyone who voted Remain is a quisling and is betraying the country. On another note, I feel the Labour party should be dissolved by decree.
Bring on that border on the island of Ireland.

Borchester

Brexiters siding with Remainers, Remainers now agreeing with Brexit?

I can't say that I have, but my attitude has always been pretty simple. I wanted UK laws made in the UK, not Brussels. I dare say that Johnny Foreigner could run Britain better than Westminster's current crop of numbnuts, but they are our numbnuts rather than EU numbnuts and that is the bit that counts.

Economics never entered into the matter. Actually I was rather expecting another recession, which has not arrived although I dare say that one will be along soon. But I thought freedom was worth a few job losses and a shilling or two on the income tax.

Immigration I could not care less about. A successful country will always attract immigrants so the time to start worrying is when folk stop trying to cross the Channel on leaking bicycle tyres.

But that is my take on the matter. How does everyone else feel?   
Algerie Francais !