PM v Corbyn tonight BBC1 tonight 20.30am

Started by Churchill, December 06, 2019, 01:35:59 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=8745 time=1575831355 user_id=70
That can be annoying for the listener who genuinely wants to hear something relevant. Radio 4's Today programme is exasperating in the way some of the interviewers/presenters take so long to ask questions and then jump in before answers can be given.

Big problem is that most politicians get trained in interviewing techniques, and are told to fix on a message and get that across in spite of the questions. So it becomes a battle, and we have to hope for some useful info slipping out.

Some of the best interviews I've seen are from individuals on Youtube. The idea being that if you are fair and ask intelligent questions then you'll get some interesting people to interview, and they most certainly do. It's a market, like anything else. Imagine if you were famous. You would have the choice, because everyone would want to interview you. The BBC's lack of intelligence, manners, and just common sense probably means they get a limited choice.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

patman post

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8521 time=1575643093 user_id=69
Neil and Marr do not do interviews never have an never will they fire a question then talk over the answer, an interview is the exact opposite the idea is to find out what the person you are interviewing thinks, knows, done or behaved

That can be annoying for the listener who genuinely wants to hear something relevant. Radio 4's Today programme is exasperating in the way some of the interviewers/presenters take so long to ask questions and then jump in before answers can be given.

Big problem is that most politicians get trained in interviewing techniques, and are told to fix on a message and get that across in spite of the questions. So it becomes a battle, and we have to hope for some useful info slipping out.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=8708 time=1575808730 user_id=84
The impartiality I referred to was the manner in which he conducted himself and the interview, not his political ideology. To me a truly professional interviewer is one whose political sympathies, irrespective of what they are, can not be identified from the manner in which they conduct the interview. This applies to Andrew Neil, Fiona Bruce and Nick Robinson and very few others. the political sympathies of Marr, Vine, Coburn et al are clear or all the objective to see. I wonder if you actually saw the interview rather than obtain your views from Wikipedia.

Well you know I checked him out on Wikipedia because i gave you the link.

What I find is whenever I listen to the BBC, bar a very odd exception, it does not take me long before I know they are talking crap with any subject I have knowledge in, hence I see watching an hour or so of BBC as a bad move. It's just logic, where for those things you know the answer to, you find the Beeb misrepresents or misunderstands it, then for those things you do not know about, taking stuff on trust is unwise. So generally speaking I see it as the classic unreliable source.

I have listened to Andrew Neil, and I found his style very confrontational. He would unfairly frame an issue where what he was asking for was somewhat impossible. The classic case where this occurs is when we have economic issues up for debate. Economic projections need big computers to compute, so it's not something you can often give a proper answer to when someone with scant understanding on it wants definite answers. Then such a man as Andrew O'Neil will then exploit the honest answer and frame it as if the poor chap was a novice, since the implication is that these issues are easy to answer.

I don't know about Fiona Bruce, but regarding Nick Robinson, well from memory I seem to recall he is one of the better ones. If his name came up on Youtube on an issue I wanted to hear about I'd give him a  "worth a punt" rating.

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Major Sinic

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=8656 time=1575739652 user_id=74
Impartial is not what I'm reading here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Robinson_%28journalist%29">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Robi ... ournalist)">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Robinson_(journalist)

Indeed it is quite the opposite. He's a Tory you see, and has been one since his youth. You don't seem to get many Tories at the BBC, but this chap is definitely batting for them. He's suitably qualified as well. He has a PPE. Don't they all?

The impartiality I referred to was the manner in which he conducted himself and the interview, not his political ideology. To me a truly professional interviewer is one whose political sympathies, irrespective of what they are, can not be identified from the manner in which they conduct the interview. This applies to Andrew Neil, Fiona Bruce and Nick Robinson and very few others. the political sympathies of Marr, Vine, Coburn et al are clear or all the objective to see. I wonder if you actually saw the interview rather than obtain your views from Wikipedia.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=8655 time=1575738983 user_id=84
The responses from Boris and Corbyn were entirely predictable and neither slipped on any proverbial banana skin. Corbyn, being some ten points behind in the polls had the greater need for a triumphant final debate, but personally speaking I am delighted that even his strongest supporters can't claim that.

The star of the evening  was in reality Nick Robinson. Urbane, dignified, unflappable, impartial and entirely in control of the two adversaries. He did a better job than even my own long term favourite, Fiona Bruce and made the likes of Marr, Vine, Coburn, Derbyshire and Munchetty look like the inadequate and partisan second raters they really are.

Impartial is not what I'm reading here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Robinson_%28journalist%29">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Robi ... ournalist)">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Robinson_(journalist)

Indeed it is quite the opposite. He's a Tory you see, and has been one since his youth. You don't seem to get many Tories at the BBC, but this chap is definitely batting for them. He's suitably qualified as well. He has a PPE. Don't they all?

Major Sinic

The responses from Boris and Corbyn were entirely predictable and neither slipped on any proverbial banana skin. Corbyn, being some ten points behind in the polls had the greater need for a triumphant final debate, but personally speaking I am delighted that even his strongest supporters can't claim that.

The star of the evening  was in reality Nick Robinson. Urbane, dignified, unflappable, impartial and entirely in control of the two adversaries. He did a better job than even my own long term favourite, Fiona Bruce and made the likes of Marr, Vine, Coburn, Derbyshire and Munchetty look like the inadequate and partisan second raters they really are.

Nick

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=8650 time=1575736813 user_id=74
Whatever the BBC tells you, here is what will happen.

If Labour get in you will find the party enacts legislation more right-wing than what Labour preach.

If the Tories get in you will find the party enacts legislation more left-wing than what Tories preach.

If you compare what the acts of each party would be if they gained control you would find it exactly the same!

Of course proof is impossible because you will only see the results of one party, hence you can not do a direct comparison, and that is why you will of course be conned, either way you vote!

It's a One-Party state and Kemal will enact legislation to usher in the transgender programme. If he doesn't I'll have to eat my hat, but I'm confident here.

Your luckiest time as a voter punter was during the run-up to Brexit because the legislative programme was delayed. The transgender monkeys have had to wait.

Think you should check your wings!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8512 time=1575640854 user_id=69
I don't think either of them will miss you or give a toss, I want to see Comrade Corbyn squirm :lol:

Whatever the BBC tells you, here is what will happen.

If Labour get in you will find the party enacts legislation more right-wing than what Labour preach.

If the Tories get in you will find the party enacts legislation more left-wing than what Tories preach.

If you compare what the acts of each party would be if they gained control you would find it exactly the same!

Of course proof is impossible because you will only see the results of one party, hence you can not do a direct comparison, and that is why you will of course be conned, either way you vote!

It's a One-Party state and Kemal will enact legislation to usher in the transgender programme. If he doesn't I'll have to eat my hat, but I'm confident here.

Your luckiest time as a voter punter was during the run-up to Brexit because the legislative programme was delayed. The transgender monkeys have had to wait.

Major Sinic

Neil and Marr do not do interviews never have an never will they fire a question then talk over the answer, an interview is the exact opposite the idea is to find out what the person you are interviewing thinks, knows, done or behaved

Andrew Neil is an interrogator and a ruthless one at that. Obviously I am a bit of a sadist when it comes to watching anti-semites and anti-fishermen being right royally destroyed as Neil did with Corbyn and Sturgeon. I have even watched the one where Corbyn was sliced and diced a second time just for entertainment value. Marr is a second rate presenter at the best of times and his left of centre partiality shows through continually. He certainly didn't get the better of Boris and made himself look a complete arse.

Churchill

Apparantly Corbyn has another Dossier that's two so far I recall a former Labour Leader had a certain dossier that took us to war.

I wonder if Corbyn will be brandishing it tonight  :dncg:

BBC News - General election 2019: Johnson 'misrepresenting' Brexit deal, says Corbyn https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50684881">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50684881
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Spot on.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Churchill

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8512 time=1575640854 user_id=69
I don't think either of them will miss you or give a toss, I want to see Comrade Corbyn squirm :lol:

Well Boris is frit of Andrew Neil, that is the only interview I would like to watch.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill