Anyone else sell books on Amazon?

Started by Borchester, July 30, 2021, 08:03:00 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on July 30, 2021, 09:36:41 PM
Have yo tried gumtree or preloved ?

Well it is a thought Ollie, and Gumtree would be fine if I was selling Lose Ten Pounds And Have A Stomach Like A Washboard In A Fortnight, but I ain't.

And I am not commenting on the fees so much as the odd way Amazon charges a lot of small  ones rather than just one big one. Still, you have a point. I should look around.

The trouble is that if I give the books to Oxfam or such, most of them will end up being pulped. And I reckon that if you are going to have your dog put down you should do it yourself. So it looks like a Firework Night burn up. Which should be quite apt for both Das Kapital and Mein Kampf  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on July 30, 2021, 08:03:00 PM
It used to be an agreeable little tickle. I would buy a book, read it and then sell it on. Amazon would charge a fee, I would get some of my money back and 99 times out of a 100 the punter would be pleased.

All was well.

But I have been out of the game for a bit and decided to flog some of the dreck cluttering up the shelves. So I opened a new account with Amazon and put the first book up for sale.

And was told that Amazon wanted...

A referral fee of        £0.96

A closing fee of        £1.00

A per item fee of      £0.75

Taxes of                    £0.55

I have padded a few bills myself over the years myself, so I would not complain were it not so bloody cack handed. Why three different fees? I can understand Jeff Bezos saying, well guys, I want to go to the stars so you can bloody well pay for it and I want a few quid off you to pay for the petrol, but this is sad stuff and nothing Delos D. Harriman would do

Anyway, I have looked at the few thousand other books on the shelves and reckon they will do nicely for the bonfire on 5 November
Have yo tried gumtree or preloved ?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

It used to be an agreeable little tickle. I would buy a book, read it and then sell it on. Amazon would charge a fee, I would get some of my money back and 99 times out of a 100 the punter would be pleased.

All was well.

But I have been out of the game for a bit and decided to flog some of the dreck cluttering up the shelves. So I opened a new account with Amazon and put the first book up for sale.

And was told that Amazon wanted...

A referral fee of        £0.96

A closing fee of        £1.00

A per item fee of      £0.75

Taxes of                    £0.55

I have padded a few bills myself over the years myself, so I would not complain were it not so bloody cack handed. Why three different fees? I can understand Jeff Bezos saying, well guys, I want to go to the stars so you can bloody well pay for it and I want a few quid off you to pay for the petrol, but this is sad stuff and nothing Delos D. Harriman would do

Anyway, I have looked at the few thousand other books on the shelves and reckon they will do nicely for the bonfire on 5 November
Algerie Francais !