SKY NewsHighway Code changes to create road 'hierarchy' in bid to boost safety of walkers and cyclists

Started by GBNews, July 31, 2021, 07:02:08 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

You were and are right SW, at junctions pedestrians crossing have clear priority.
People always have priority if they are on a road. There never has been a time when it was legal to avoidably run someone down.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Made me laugh this . I always thought pedestrians had the right of way at junctions where side roads meet main roads anyway and  often swung a size nine at the rear of anyone cutting across me as I ambled home from the pub .

Oh well at least Ill be in the right in future though I still find it hard to believe that a metal box on wheels had priority over skin and bone

GBNews

Highway Code changes to create road 'hierarchy' in bid to boost safety of walkers and cyclists

New changes to the Highway Code will create a "hierarchy of road users" in a bid to boost the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.

Source: Highway Code changes to create road 'hierarchy' in bid to boost safety of walkers and cyclists