UK surges ahead - EU in shambles

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 03, 2021, 08:45:29 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2021, 09:04:14 AM
Well some things are true whether you believe them or not.

UK growth 2021:   7.9%
Rest of EU 2021:   4.8%
What's this meant to show? Individual countries may well outperform the overall average of an area — eg, London and the southeast is streets ahead of the UK.   
City AM reports:

The Eurozone economy is recovering much faster from the Covid crisis than experts' forecasts as the vaccine rollout and the reopening of the services industry boosts consumer spending, shows new figures published today.
The Eurozone economy grew two per cent in the second quarter of this year compared to the same period last year, according to Eurostat, the area's official statistics agency.
Year-on-year growth hit 13.7 per cent.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/covid-recovery-eurozone-economic-growth-outstrips-forecasts/ar-AAMJPpG?ocid=uxbndlbing
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 01:59:42 PM

But what happened between 2013 and now? It is you falling for government propaganda that worries me.
Nobody is falling for anything Smurphy, we know once the Covid prop the system up ends, things will change drastically. It will be a matter of which way the fallout goes. The more infrastructure we get in place by then, the better things will be. Because otherwise we are going to have an awful lot of headless chickens running around. Anyway, nice to hear a few in Cornwall are taking our advice and bypassing the mad barstewards. No harm in building up local markets.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

But what happened between 2013 and now? It is you falling for government propaganda that worries me.

This thread is about the economic upturn since the start of the pandemic, anything pre that is irrelevant.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

But what happened between 2013 and now?

You were probably lying in the road, trying to scare off the tourists and demanding that malingering be recognised as an Olympic sport.

In 2013 UK unemployment was 7.2%. Now, at the arse end of the flu kerfuffle, it is 4.8%. So things have been pretty good.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
GDP recovered from the 2008 crash by 2013 so again, what has that got to do with anything except you trying to muddy the water after one of your meaningless throw away comments.

Try again!!

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 01:30:50 PM
FFS Frankly if you cannot understand I am close to giving up, pre the crash how much has Britain recovered?  Recent stats are as much use as chocolate fireguard.  A big increase in percentage terms from bugger all mean nothing except to fool people for propaganda purposes.

GDP recovered from the 2008 crash by 2013 so again, what has that got to do with anything except you trying to muddy the water after one of your meaningless throw away comments.

Try again!!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2021, 01:12:51 PM

What has 2008 got to do with economic recovery from COVID?

Your usual throw away line that has no substance behind it what so ever.

FFS Frankly if you cannot understand I am close to giving up, pre the crash how much has Britain recovered?  Recent stats are as much use as chocolate fireguard.  A big increase in percentage terms from bugger all mean nothing except to fool people for propaganda purposes.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 09:07:51 AM
Percentages hide the true picture how do they look compared to before 2008.

What has 2008 got to do with economic recovery from COVID?

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 08:50:58 AM
The only place Britain is surging is down the plug hole at increasing speed.

Your usual throw away line that has no substance behind it what so ever.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2021, 09:04:14 AM

Percentages hide the true picture how do they look compared to before 2008.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 08:50:58 AM

papasmurf

HallowedBrexit

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1471371/brexit-live-uk-economy-eurozone-data-ey-imf-rishi-sunak-martin-beck

Analysis by EY claimed Britain's economy was growing at its fastest pace in 80 years and could recover back to pre-pandemic levels by the end of 2021. EY, formerly Ernst and Young, said GDP would grow back 7.6 percent, the fastest annual growth since 1941.

We were right to go global  Union Flag