UK surges ahead - EU in shambles

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 03, 2021, 08:45:29 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 10:44:32 AM
It is my view based on a lot of evidence, there is a lot of public domain research on the subject, and comment on the media. That you are totally unaware if frankly worrying.
What's that you say Corporal jones, don't panic, alright then we won't.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 10:09:26 AM
You need to remember, that is just your view from your perspective,

It is my view based on a lot of evidence, there is a lot of public domain research on the subject, and comment on the media. That you are totally unaware if frankly worrying.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 10:09:26 AM
You need to remember, that is just your view from your perspective, and at the last count you were in the minority. Some people, including my self do OK out of it.

Think about this:

In any walk of life, it could be a golf club, working man's club, anything: as a chairperson you would set the rules based on who put the most into the coffers and in government that is the tax payer.

The Tories have won 4 GE's and a referendum since Labour had a sniff so we can assume more people benefit from Tory rule than don't. If you're not one of them unlucky, either change the government or change which group you're in simple.

In 2010 the Tories jumped into bed with Clegg who left the country screwed with lots of shyte nobody actually voted for

Labour lost 2015 because they were shyte

Labour lost 2017 because nobody wanted Corbyn

Labour lost 2019 because nobody wanted Corbyn and this time he took the hint.

As in so many elections in my past the winner won because the loser was considered unelectable not because the winner was wanted.

In Wales, the contempt the Tories showed for the workers, note WORKING WoRKErS not unemployed on their arse, TAX paying employed people in Maggie's time, and the last ndon stockbroker belt champagne swilling mocking the people Thatcher threw on the dole IS THE reaon dickhand Drakeford rules the Cardiff bay shitbpit
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 09:54:17 AM
To be carried on by the Tories since May 2010.

You need to remember, that is just your view from your perspective, and at the last count you were in the minority. Some people, including my self do OK out of it.

Think about this:

In any walk of life, it could be a golf club, working man's club, anything: as a chairperson you would set the rules based on who put the most into the coffers and in government that is the tax payer.

The Tories have won 4 GE's and a referendum since Labour had a sniff so we can assume more people benefit from Tory rule than don't. If you're not one of them unlucky, either change the government or change which group you're in simple.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 04, 2021, 09:34:51 AM

I've seen first hand what Thatcher, Major and Brown did.

To be carried on by the Tories since May 2010.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 09:14:28 AM
How are they getting worse?

Nick, I wonder why you are so ignorant of current affairs, and the ever worsening plight of millions of people in Britain.
(I am being serious by the way.)

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 04, 2021, 09:34:51 AM

Well, you may not see it in the rarified atmosphere of millions of pounds raked in each week, but some of us in normal land hae had f**k all in pay rises since Brown trashed the economy and zero chance of finding another job.

That's just a rhetorical wander down memory Lane and doesn't answer the question.
Now in my case i got lucky last year but it's still been a decade of hell.

When I was taking in 100k a year I never EVER forgot the queue of over 400 people who came hoping to get one of the four jobs the company was advertising.

A singularly thoughtless bastard wandered past our group and yelled 'look out John there's a hundred people after your contract'

To which the hughes board level director I was Talk mg to at the time put a hand on my shoulder to stop me standing, rose to HIS feet and yelled back "good, we need at least a hundred to help us, plus one to replace you ...."

I generally don't consider those shat on by those three to be the idle feckless. After all, when Blair shat on me my preventing little guys make arrangements with clients to keep their security clearance, it shut down my business.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Well, you may not see it in the rarified atmosphere of millions of pounds raked in each week, but some of us in normal land hae had F@@@ all in pay rises since Brown trashed the economy and zero chance of finding another job.

Now in my case i got lucky last year but it's still been a decade of hell.

When I was taking in 100k a year I never EVER forgot the queue of over 400 people who came hoping to get one of the four jobs the company was advertising.

A singularly thoughtless bastard wandered past our group and yelled 'look out John there's a hundred people after your contract'

To which the hughes board level director I was Talk mg to at the time put a hand on my shoulder to stop me standing, rose to HIS feet and yelled back "good, we need at least a hundred to help us, plus one to replace you ...."

I generally don't consider those shat on by those three to be the idle feckless. After all, when Blair shat on me my preventing little guys make arrangements with clients to keep their security clearance, it shut down my business.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 07:54:36 AM
Living standards for millions of people are getting worse not better.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 04, 2021, 07:17:04 AM

Living standards didn't.

Living standards for millions of people are getting worse not better.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
GDP recovered from the 2008 crash by 2013 so again, what has that got to do with anything except you trying to muddy the water after one of your meaningless throw away comments.

Try again!!

Living standards didn't.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2021, 07:56:37 PM

Your percentages only show that from whatever base is being used (could be £xbillion in the UK, against Ybillion € in the EU), the UK has earned more as a proportion of its base sum, than the EU has earned from its base sum.

In which case the UK is doing better than the EU.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2021, 07:56:37 PM
The problem is "it" shows no such thing.
Your percentages only show that from whatever base is being used (could be £xbillion in the UK, against Ybillion € in the EU), the UK has earned more as a proportion of its base sum, than the EU has earned from its base sum. Therefore "Doing better" is hardly a claim with any validity.
For example in the real world where it actually counts, China's growth rate is outstripping that of the US, but their enconomies are nowhere near equal...

That's what percentages are, taken from a base line. It show bounce back.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2021, 07:24:18 PM
It does however also show that the UK as a whole is doing 40% better that the EU.
The problem is "it" shows no such thing.
Your percentages only show that from whatever base is being used (could be £xbillion in the UK, against Ybillion € in the EU), the UK has earned more as a proportion of its base sum, than the EU has earned from its base sum. Therefore "Doing better" is hardly a claim with any validity.
For example in the real world where it actually counts, China's growth rate is outstripping that of the US, but their enconomies are nowhere near equal...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2021, 06:29:12 PM
What's this meant to show? Individual countries may well outperform the overall average of an area — eg, London and the southeast is streets ahead of the UK.   
City AM reports:

The Eurozone economy is recovering much faster from the Covid crisis than experts' forecasts as the vaccine rollout and the reopening of the services industry boosts consumer spending, shows new figures published today.
The Eurozone economy grew two per cent in the second quarter of this year compared to the same period last year, according to Eurostat, the area's official statistics agency.
Year-on-year growth hit 13.7 per cent.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/covid-recovery-eurozone-economic-growth-outstrips-forecasts/ar-AAMJPpG?ocid=uxbndlbing

This shows exactly what it is meant to show and that is that Pappy's usual guffog is just an empty sentence. No substance, just throw away drivel.
It does however also show that the UK as a whole is doing 40% better that the EU.