UK surges ahead - EU in shambles

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 03, 2021, 08:45:29 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 03:30:45 PM
It will be even worse by then. (You might need to bring your own food.)

No need, I'll live off fillet steak and champagne if I have to. 😉

Just called the Tesco Extra in Redruth and there shelves are fully stocked so they tell me. Better get over there Pappy.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 02:46:17 PM
Well I'll be there in a couple of weeks so we will see if your synopsis is anything like accurate.

It will be even worse by then. (You might need to bring your own food.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2021, 02:41:32 PM
Hastings old town is buzzing, arms full of fresh caught fish and chips, the pubs are rocking and Russ Abbot was seen dancing to we love a party atmosphere.
Mrs and I are intending to visit shortly — are the fresh fish booths/huts/stalls still trading...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 12:41:10 PM

The entire area is infested with far too many potential plague carrying tourists.  The tourist industry is overwhelmed due to staff shortages because there is nowhere for staff to live, due to AirB&B, second home owners, and holiday lets, and supply problems due to Brexit. Many hospitality businesses are shut because of it.
The main hospital, Royal Cornwall , Treliske, Truro is overwhelmed with tourists who have attempted and failed to get Darwin Awards to the point police cars are being used as ambulances.
(In contrast to that taking my wife to West Cornwall Hospital, Penzance about 30 miles away  on Monday afternoon with no appointment where she was triaged, X-rayed, seen by a medical professional and treated within two hours, I was also able to park for nothing whilst I waited.)

Well I'll be there in a couple of weeks so we will see if your synopsis is anything like accurate.

Sheepy

Hastings old town is buzzing, arms full of fresh caught fish and chips, the pubs are rocking and Russ Abbot was seen dancing to we love a party atmosphere.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2021, 12:26:14 PM

Anyway, how has your week been Pappy? Driven off many tourists? I bet that has done the Cornish hospitality industry the power of good  :) :)

The entire area is infested with far too many potential plague carrying tourists.  The tourist industry is overwhelmed due to staff shortages because there is nowhere for staff to live, due to AirB&B, second home owners, and holiday lets, and supply problems due to Brexit. Many hospitality businesses are shut because of it.
The main hospital, Royal Cornwall , Treliske, Truro is overwhelmed with tourists who have attempted and failed to get Darwin Awards to the point police cars are being used as ambulances.
(In contrast to that taking my wife to West Cornwall Hospital, Penzance about 30 miles away  on Monday afternoon with no appointment where she was triaged, X-rayed, seen by a medical professional and treated within two hours, I was also able to park for nothing whilst I waited.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 12:15:58 PM
The problem is the far too many crap employers in Britain won't do that, they prefer to able to pay crap wages subsidised indirectly by in work benefits.

No, the problem is that there are far to many people ready to blame someone else for their problems and who expect others to solve them.

Anyway, how has your week been Pappy? Driven off many tourists? I bet that has done the Cornish hospitality industry the power of good  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 12:12:01 PM
And that is how it is and always will be Mr B. The have nots will always come a running when the haves wave some greenbacks in their general direction.

The problem is the far too many crap employers in Britain won't do that, they prefer to able to pay crap wages subsidised indirectly by in work benefits.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 12:06:11 PM
What are you wittering on about? 

It is called having a different point of view Pappy. After a lifetime of failure and numerous attempts to stick your head up your own arse, you probably won't recognise the concept, but there you are.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2021, 12:03:39 PM
Almost completely off the subject but a memory that pops up at these times..

About a billion years ago I was working at the Mercantile Marine dry dock in Cardiff's Tiger Bay and one of the firemen turned to the Chief Engineer and demanded,

"What would people like you do with people like me"?   

And the chief replied,

"I would wave a five pound note and fifty of you whingeing f**kers would come running. Now do some work or f**k off."

As I recall the fireman chose the latter option.

I can't say that I liked the chief overmuch and I had a certain sympathy for the fireman, but I can't see how Pappy's dream of nationalising failure and self pity will pay many bills

And that is how it is and always will be Mr B. The have nots will always come a running when the haves wave some greenbacks in their general direction.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 10:44:32 AM
It is my view based on a lot of evidence, there is a lot of public domain research on the subject, and comment on the media. That you are totally unaware if frankly worrying.

It is based on evidence pertaining to you, not me. And no, I am aware of what is going on, does it not occur to you that it may not affect me so I'm not bothered. There is a difference.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2021, 12:03:39 PM
I can't see how Pappy's dream of nationalising failure and self pity will pay many bills

What are you wittering on about? 

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 04, 2021, 09:34:51 AM

When I was taking in 100k a year I never EVER forgot the queue of over 400 people who came hoping to get one of the four jobs the company was advertising.

A singularly thoughtless bastard wandered past our group and yelled 'look out John there's a hundred people after your contract'

To which the hughes board level director I was Talk mg to at the time put a hand on my shoulder to stop me standing, rose to HIS feet and yelled back "good, we need at least a hundred to help us, plus one to replace you ...."

Almost completely off the subject but a memory that pops up at these times..

About a billion years ago I was working at the Mercantile Marine dry dock in Cardiff's Tiger Bay and one of the firemen turned to the Chief Engineer and demanded,

"What would people like you do with people like me"?   

And the chief replied,

"I would wave a five pound note and fifty of you whingeing fuckers would come running. Now do some work or F@@@ off."

As I recall the fireman chose the latter option.

I can't say that I liked the chief overmuch and I had a certain sympathy for the fireman, but I can't see how Pappy's dream of nationalising failure and self pity will pay many bills
Algerie Francais !