NHS seems to be very efficient.

Started by papasmurf, August 03, 2021, 09:16:49 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 01:32:17 PM
Neither to NHS workers all they want is a decent pay rise not being abused by government for years, and abused by patients:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwalls-overcrowded-ae-sees-twice-5731534

The other difference is that trades don't have bands based on years of service, so it is disingenuous to say the NHS has had crappy pay rises.
They have had substantial pay grade updates regardless of actual % pay rises.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 03, 2021, 04:42:49 PM
central to the thinking of Pappy and Co, is the deep belief that someone else should pay to to keep them alive.

National Insurance is NOT someone else keeping people alive, it cuts out the obscene profits and greed of private medical insurance, especially the American version of it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 03, 2021, 04:00:47 PM
I think we need to move to an insurance based system because the NHS is costing us a fortune:

We have an insurance based system. NIC contributions work out about £2,400 a year per head. The only difference between the UK and most other systems is that the money is collected centrally via HMRC.

The NHS was on the cards for the better part of 60 years before the official launch in 1948 and there was nothing particularly remarkable about it other than  Aneurin Bevan's realisation that, central to the thinking of Pappy and Co, is the deep belief that someone else should pay to to keep them alive. If contributions had been voluntary there would have been no way most folk would have coughed up. So Nye put the income tax up by 10%-12% and because for once he was not looking for a fight, called it National Insurance.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 03, 2021, 04:00:47 PM
I think we need to move to an insurance based system

You can stick that I idea where the Sun don't shine. Have you any idea how much private All Risks medical insurance costs.  Most people in Britain could not afford it, and those with pre-existing conditions would be left to die.

HallowedBrexit

I think we need to move to an insurance based system because the NHS is costing us a fortune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7WFIHYn2Y&ab_channel=ClippingByTheMany

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 03, 2021, 01:28:32 PM
Excellent news Pappy and I am glad that Mrs P is on the mend.

A chap came to to give me a price for for fixing my fence fence yesterday. He arrived at 10.30 am, tanked up on tea and custard creams, gave me a price and was away by 11 am.

A competent tradesman, like so many in the NHS with the only difference being that the fencer does not expect me to kiss his arse for doing his job.

Neither to NHS workers all they want is a decent pay rise not being abused by government for years, and abused by patients:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwalls-overcrowded-ae-sees-twice-5731534

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2021, 09:16:49 AM
Yesterday I took my wife to West Cornwall Hospital. (On advice from the local GP practice.) Who contacted the hospital we were on our way. (Patient records are shared on the computer system between local GP practices and local hospitals and have been for some years.)
I dropped her outside the hospital at around 16.00 hours, she came back out of the hospital at around 18.00 hours having been triaged, X-rayed, seen by a doctor and treated.
(Fortunately nothing broken.)

Excellent news Pappy and I am glad that Mrs P is on the mend.

A chap came to to give me a price for for fixing my fence fence yesterday. He arrived at 10.30 am, tanked up on tea and custard creams, gave me a price and was away by 11 am.

A competent tradesman, like so many in the NHS with the only difference being that the fencer does not expect me to kiss his arse for doing his job.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Yesterday I took my wife to West Cornwall Hospital. (On advice from the local GP practice.) Who contacted the hospital we were on our way. (Patient records are shared on the computer system between local GP practices and local hospitals and have been for some years.)
I dropped her outside the hospital at around 16.00 hours, she came back out of the hospital at around 18.00 hours having been triaged, X-rayed, seen by a doctor and treated.
(Fortunately nothing broken.)