I wonder how the EU really feels about Brexit?

Started by Borchester, August 03, 2021, 05:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 07:02:49 PMI do not hate the country,  I hate the Tories for wrecking it, and the devastating effect it is having on the citizens of it.

The perfect example of you not qualifying a statement.
Let's have examples of the Tories wrecking the country. These will of course be compared  against Labours tenure.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 06:51:51 PM
You come across as hating your own country in virtually every post.
And the fact that you don't qualify any of your one liners makes your posts meaningless.

I do not hate the country,  I hate the Tories for wrecking it, and the devastating effect it is having on the citizens of it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 06:21:29 PM
I do no such thing, I despair that the incompetent, callous, lying Tories are dragging the country down into a depth of mire it is unlikely Britain will ever recover, and worse than that so many people are blind to it.

You come across as hating your own country in virtually every post.
And the fact that you don't qualify any of your one liners makes your posts meaningless.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2021, 06:24:27 PM
Yep should be better now.
Got it. Agree your sentiment. Any large economic group like a country or group of economic allies failing is not only likely to severely affect their ordinary people, but also impact other associated countries too.
Wanting one's own county to fail because its government's policies seem draconian or evil comes across as unbalanced, at least...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 06:21:29 PM
I do no such thing, I despair that the incompetent, callous, lying Tories are dragging the country down into a depth of mire it is unlikely Britain will ever recover, and worse than that so many people are blind to it.
Yes you did,I don't like the tories but your hatred of them which goes beyond rational thought means you'd be happy to see your own country fail,you've said it time after time.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2021, 06:21:11 PM
^^^. 
You're breaking up there — didn't quite get the gist...
Yep should be better now.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2021, 06:15:42 PM

Funnily enough Smurfy likes this post of yours where within you say this and What I don't understand is the immature playground hopes for the EU to fail,hat do e get from him,he celebrates his own country going down the tubes because he hates the tories so much he'd rather see his own country fail,now that's immature playground hopes for you.

patman post

^^^. 
You're breaking up there — didn't quite get the gist...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2021, 11:29:30 AM
Not sure in what context people here are referring to "the EU" and "its" feelings. Almost any organisation has carping dissent from within its ranks and other hangers-on. As an example, Greece — a country that almost to a citizen thought the EU treated it badly during its economic crisis — still believes it's better off in the EU than outside.   

The economies of France and Italy have done well as have founding members. Perhaps the one that's sacrificed most is Germany, both through the cost of reuniting its country, and in supporting the wider community. But even it sees benefits in supporting and belonging to the EU. 

Even Norway, which has rejected EEC (now EU) membership by popular vote margins similar to the UK's, recognises its economy and wealth are enhanced by close association with EU, and chooses which EU directives and laws benefit it, and pays its way.     

What I don't understand is the immature playground hopes for the EU to fail, even to the point of doing the UK harm, just because they don't want to join in. The excuse of wanting laws to be made in the UK and not in Brussels (from straight bananas to open rear London busses) is both a face saver and a farcical misrepresentation of the facts. 

Just as some in the UK continue to crow "UK good EU bad", some in the EU, who are proud of its achievements, promote its successes. The increase in empty shelves in UK supermarkets is an early indication of the empty claims of "oven-ready" deals, and misunderstanding of the labour force, while UK govt officials parade around the world like street girls looking for trade...
Couldn't give a stuff about the eu,they are not the various people in Europe.
Funnily enough Smurfy likes this post of yours where within you say this
QuoteWhat I don't understand is the immature playground hopes for the EU to fail,
what do we get from him,he celebrates his own country going down the tubes because he hates the tories so much he'd rather see his own country fail,now that's immature playground hopes for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 04:05:53 PM
I was responding to only £40000 for airline pilots.  They used to get more than that decades ago.

That's Ryanair for you

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 03:50:19 PM
Not sure you are following the thread Pappy, we are talking about truck drivers.

I was responding to only £40000 for airline pilots.  They used to get more than that decades ago.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 03:46:30 PM
Even at that salary they will find it difficult to find anywhere to live.

Not sure you are following the thread Pappy, we are talking about truck drivers.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 03:44:49 PM

You know the adage:

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool........

Even at that salary they will find it difficult to find anywhere to live.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2021, 03:29:21 PM
Oh dear:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-needs-train-drivers-salary-5739376
4 AUG 2021
Cornwall needs train drivers with a salary of up to £60,000
GWR is on the lookout for train drivers to run its services from Cornwall
The salary for drivers based at Penzance Depot is £54,111 for the first twelve months, after which it'll rise to £60,124 - almost three times the average Cornish salary. You'll have to have a good safety record and be able to live near or travel to Penzance station using your own transport. The salary is for a 35 hour week.

The starting salary has gone up by £4,111 since last year when the salary was £51,000.

You know the adage:

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool........

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2021, 03:05:57 PM
That's immaterial, if there is such a shortage why are the rates not going up?

Ryanair pilots start on £40K plus. Are you sure they want that?

Oh dear:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-needs-train-drivers-salary-5739376
4 AUG 2021
The salary for drivers based at Penzance Depot is £54,111 for the first twelve months, after which it'll rise to £60,124 - almost three times the average Cornish salary. You'll have to have a good safety record and be able to live near or travel to Penzance station using your own transport. The salary is for a 35 hour week.

The starting salary has gone up by £4,111 since last year when the salary was £51,000.