I wonder how the EU really feels about Brexit?

Started by Borchester, August 03, 2021, 05:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 14, 2021, 11:36:47 PM
at least your consistent with the "EU is doomed i tell ya" comments. But does it not get tiresome, the predictions never transpire.
I genuinely couldn't care less about the EU, like the rest of the world they will be full of their importance anyway, I feel sorry for the odd one so I have to make them feel important, just because I can.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 14, 2021, 11:24:52 PM
That's it Gerry keep dipping your brush in the barrel of whitewash.
at least your consistent with the "EU is doomed i tell ya" comments. But does it not get tiresome, the predictions never transpire.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 14, 2021, 07:55:15 PMBut more importantly, tell me how Merkel tells 26 other heads of state to vote a certain way. How does she convince hundreds of MEP's from around the EU to vote a certain way and how she tells 26 commissioners to do what she wants. How does it work, email, phone calls, a stern talking to at the back of the bike shed, how does your great conspiracy theory work.

It's called money Gerry and Germany are set to be paying 40% of the EU's budget. You're very naive if you think that the other 27 don't recognise that. Hence the reason Merkel is stood at the front of most photos. Insignificant as you think it is, it sets the tone.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on September 14, 2021, 10:16:37 PM
That's odd, Cromwell.
I could have sworn all those pro EU #FBPE types told us all states retain their own full sovereignty.
Is this the same M. Barnier that did the Brexit negotiations? If so he seems to have made a discovery about France.
Perhaps France gave up its sovereignty and the UK did not?
sounds like you don't understand sovereignty. Let's Say you own a country and make all the decisions, laws etc and you have 100% sovereignty. Tomorrow you do a trade deal and agree x, y, z and that if there's a dispute a 3rd party will judicature. Things are great until you want a second trade deal but the party to the 1st says the terms of the second deal breaches his deal with you. This is a problem as your no longer 100% sovereign, you can't do what you want and a 3rd party decides if if you can. Every trade deal you do a part of that mythical sovereignty is eroded. Unless you want to live without interacting with the rest of the world thats how it is.
But all is not lost, you originally decided to share or pool you sovereignty and if you want you can take it back by exiting the arrangement, like you did by leaving the EU, you see the UK always had full control of its sovereignty as an EU member.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 14, 2021, 11:13:19 PM
First theres little surprise, barnier is very much right wing, if he were a uk politician he would be an ardent tory. As brexit negioator he had a job to do. His personal opinions counted for nothing, his negioating position was dictated by the 27 Council members, and in fairness he did a great job, and managed to park his personal views.
Secondly hes looking for votes, hes running for election and has to appeal to all corners of the electorate, he hasn't said he wants france to leave the EU, but he does want changes to how the ECJ operates. But that's what the EU is, a group of 27 countries that make their own rules to enhance not hinder, so maybe his ideas will make things better, he'll need to get elected to put them forward.
This is different to what the UK wanted which was exceptions, opt outs and rebates.
That's it Gerry keep dipping your brush in the barrel of whitewash.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 14, 2021, 09:55:29 PM
Oh dear Gerry and smurf Monsieur Non wants to be president of France and wants to take back more control from Brussels than the UK ever did.

Get your buckets of whitewash out.

https://inews-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/michel-barnier-u-turn-french-sovereignty-brexit-twist-1197242/amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16316523397326&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Finews.co.uk%2Fopinion%2Fmichel-barnier-u-turn-french-sovereignty-brexit-twist-1197242
First theres little surprise, barnier is very much right wing, if he were a uk politician he would be an ardent tory. As brexit negioator he had a job to do. His personal opinions counted for nothing, his negioating position was dictated by the 27 Council members, and in fairness he did a great job, and managed to park his personal views.
Secondly hes looking for votes, hes running for election and has to appeal to all corners of the electorate, he hasn't said he wants france to leave the EU, but he does want changes to how the ECJ operates. But that's what the EU is, a group of 27 countries that make their own rules to enhance not hinder, so maybe his ideas will make things better, he'll need to get elected to put them forward.
This is different to what the UK wanted which was exceptions, opt outs and rebates.

Nick

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 14, 2021, 09:55:29 PM
Oh dear Gerry and smurf Monsieur Non wants to be president of France and wants to take back more control from Brussels than the UK ever did.

Get your buckets of whitewash out.

https://inews-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/michel-barnier-u-turn-french-sovereignty-brexit-twist-1197242/amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16316523397326&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Finews.co.uk%2Fopinion%2Fmichel-barnier-u-turn-french-sovereignty-brexit-twist-1197242
That's odd, Cromwell.
I could have sworn all those pro EU #FBPE types told us all states retain their own full sovereignty.
Is this the same M. Barnier that did the Brexit negotiations? If so he seems to have made a discovery about France.
Perhaps France gave up its sovereignty and the UK did not?
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2021, 04:37:29 PM
Gerry, you are greener than grass.

I showed you photos and in every one Merkel and Macron were front and centre, is this a massive coincidence? No it represents the pecking order, same as any world leader is always pictured at the front. 

Explain why those 2 are always at the front?

BTW, it's a sad day when you have to start tag teaming with the Smurf 😂
So this is your proof, the order of people in a photo. Compelling as that might be it doesn't amount to much. Lets discard the process as to how the largest rules based organisation on the planet and instead make decisions based on a photo.
Can you tell me how Germany gets legislation drawn up and passed
Can you tell me how the EU, controlled by Germany is looking to take legal action against Germany.

But more importantly, tell me how Merkel tells 26 other heads of state to vote a certain way. How does she convince hundreds of MEP's from around the EU to vote a certain way and how she tells 26 commissioners to do what she wants. How does it work, email, phone calls, a stern talking to at the back of the bike shed, how does your great conspiracy theory work.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2021, 04:58:03 PM
Not really, if I was you'd still have a lifetime ban.

You are easily influenced.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 04:43:14 PM

So what? You appear to be very easily influenced.

Not really, if I was you'd still have a lifetime ban.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2021, 04:37:29 PM

I showed you photos and in every one Merkel and Macron were front and centre,

So what? You appear to be very easily influenced.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 14, 2021, 04:03:40 PM
Its not an opinion, its fact. I've shown you how the 3 power bodies within the EU are formed, mainly elected people or nominees of elected people. These bodies make decisions by voting. Their Facts, not opinions.

So you tell me in the EU council or commission when Germany has one vote how they control business. Or how 96 MEPs out of 705 control things.
Bring it home, if in the UK Parliament Johnson has less than 14% of the seats, how would he control things.

Your just hot air. Just because alot of UK people believe a union must have a supreme leader and that in the EU its Germany or France, it doesn't make that a fact. Just alot of ignorant people.

I showed you photos and in every one Merkel and Macron were front and centre, is this a massive coincidence? No it represents the pecking order, same as any world leader is always pictured at the front. 

Explain why those 2 are always at the front?

BTW, it's a sad day when you have to start tag teaming with the Smurf 😂

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 14, 2021, 04:05:45 PM
I'm facing him with simple to comprehend facts and he just keeps saying no. Only in religion do you get this level of blind belief.

Or Tories.