I wonder how the EU really feels about Brexit?

Started by Borchester, August 03, 2021, 05:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on September 07, 2021, 03:56:14 PM
Renamed "The Greater Scillies", would seem appropriate...
Sounds a bit daft to me posty but whatever floats your boat .  Union Flag

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2021, 03:50:55 PMAn Island ,'somewhere out there '  will do me just fine

Personally I would prefer to be the 51st US state than be apart of the EU, especially if we could be relocated somewhere just off the coast of Florida.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2021, 03:50:55 PM
Making our own government accountable for its failings was pretty much high up on the list for voting leave

Maybe the EU nations are used to being ruled by others we are not ,regardless of our current non empire status we still dont take orders from others , its not in our nature or our  DNA .

An Island ,'somewhere out there '  will do me just fine
Renamed "The Greater Scillies", would seem appropriate...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on September 07, 2021, 10:02:58 AM
Seriously do you think brexit is an example so far of what other countries would want ? From the outside its seen as food shortages, job losses, a massive increase in bureaucracy/paperwork. And you think countries would want that ?
Whats different is most EU countries haven't lived on a diet of blaming the EU on their own countries failings. The UKs fall from a once empire to just another Island out there somewhere is not the EUs fault. People on here really believe the tripe.

Making our own government accountable for its failings was pretty much high up on the list for voting leave

Maybe the EU nations are used to being ruled by others we are not ,regardless of our current non empire status we still dont take orders from others , its not in our nature or our  DNA .

An Island ,'somewhere out there '  will do me just fine

Barry

† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2021, 09:56:02 AM
And as I have alluded to, all it will take is for another EU country to leave and it will focus the EU. There are some big elections coming up in the next 12 months.
Seriously do you think brexit is an example so far of what other countries would want ? From the outside its seen as food shortages, job losses, a massive increase in bureaucracy/paperwork. And you think countries would want that ?
Whats different is most EU countries haven't lived on a diet of blaming the EU on their own countries failings. The UKs fall from a once empire to just another Island out there somewhere is not the EUs fault. People on here really believe the tripe.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2021, 06:02:06 AM
I would go along with that Quackers but they are not fed up with Britain . They are revelling in the limelight that has promoted unelected nobodies into positions of celebrity and will continue to drag it out for as long  as possible .
They probably dont fancy returning to their grey offices of Brussels where they try to find something unnecessary to do that promotes them once more if only temporary into the headlines . 

Brexit has been good for the nobodies of the EU

And as I have alluded to, all it will take is for another EU country to leave and it will focus the EU. There are some big elections coming up in the next 12 months.

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on September 06, 2021, 09:16:27 PM
For a long time I think the EU mostly thought it was sad Britain was leaving and hoped that our country would see sense. I think they also thought that it was a blow to the EU, which would be diminished without one of its major member states.

I would go along with that Quackers but they are not fed up with Britain . They are revelling in the limelight that has promoted unelected nobodies into positions of celebrity and will continue to drag it out for as long  as possible .
They probably dont fancy returning to their grey offices of Brussels where they try to find something unnecessary to do that promotes them once more if only temporary into the headlines . 

Brexit has been good for the nobodies of the EU

HDQQ

For a long time I think the EU mostly thought it was sad Britain was leaving and hoped that our country would see sense. I think they also thought that it was a blow to the EU, which would be diminished without one of its major member states.

Now I think the EU is probably a bit fed up with Britain, and the sentiment is that they owe us nothing, we chose to go it alone.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 05, 2021, 10:57:11 PM
So sayeth the pieman :D ;)

How dare you sir!!

I'm from Bowton, not a pie eater. I unfortunately now live in Scauseville but have lobbied my MP to get Southport back into Lancashire.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 05, 2021, 10:17:37 PM
Few skeletons,family from Hampshire,Midlands and Yorkshire with a sprinkling of Scots and Irish.
But consider myself British.

You're a Manc!! A different breed totally 😆.

cromwell

Few skeletons,family from Hampshire,Midlands and Yorkshire with a sprinkling of Scots and Irish.
But consider myself British.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

About four generations ago my lot were probably Irish Travelers. Apart from one of them being given six years at Maidstone court for stealing donkeys (I would love to know more. It must have been a lot of donkeys), I have no idea what they got up to and can't be arsed to find out. But we have been in the UK for at least a century and a half and consider myself British.
Algerie Francais !