I wonder how the EU really feels about Brexit?

Started by Borchester, August 03, 2021, 05:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2021, 05:10:47 PM
Make your mind up Gerry, either every decision is unanimously agreed or it isn't. We know it isn't cause Merkel does what she wants, and the nobodies like Ireland and Greece get a few quid to keep quiet and go along with it. This is in fact how your beautiful EU works.

Just to remind you what you posted a few days ago I've copied it below. 

Well you just said it above.

It's simply like the UN.

UN = United States.
EU = Germany.
Your as bad.
No EU country makes the decisions alone, but you seem to think they do. So give me a couple of examples where one country makes the decisions. This should be good.

How you don't know that some EU decisions require all countries to agree, some need a qualifying majority and some decisions countries can opt out of. But there are no decisions where a single country makes the decision.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 09, 2021, 05:07:38 PM

A decade or more ago there were suggestions that the UK could encourage Nordic countries to join with it to apply to join Nafta — recast to become the North Atlantic Free Trade Area. It's appeal seemed to be that its principal objectives would be based on trade rather politics...

And?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2021, 05:15:51 PMHe said 350m a week was coming back for the NHS

A) That is bollox as you well know, show the link!
B) The NHS has and will get much more than that.

GerryT

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 09, 2021, 02:33:06 PM
What we need is a hard border on the island of Ireland. And if the IRA starts trouble again....well our paras are standing by and we could be in Dublin within a fortnight,
Trouble is your Govt prefers a border in their country rather than on the island of Ireland, go talk to them.

Nick

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 09, 2021, 02:33:06 PMWhat we need is a hard border on the island of Ireland. And if the IRA starts trouble again....well our paras are standing by and we could be in Dublin within a fortnight,

Bit difficult HB. Germany has it in its constitution to not get involved in conflicts. And I don't think the Fallschirmjäger dropping into Omagh would go down too well.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 09, 2021, 01:17:17 PM
Oh dear Gerry wonder how you're feeling now.
https://www.euronews.com/2021/09/09/britain-eu-nireland-dup
The exact same as I did before reading that. It changes nothing. The UK are the ones that imposed an internal border in their own country, they didn't have to but they did choose to. As I'm constantly told on here "we knew what we were voting for" and the type of Brexit the UK settled on is totally a UK decision. Johnson shafted the DUP after they helped him shaft May, he went to Belfast and told everyone there would be no trade restrictions between the GB and NI, he lied. He said 350m a week was coming back for the NHS, turns out Brexit is costing the UK 650m a week according to the FT, he lied. He promised no increase in taxes, he lied.
The DUP represent a very small percentage of people in NI, having the assembly stalled will play into Johnson's, the EU's and Irelands hands.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2021, 02:30:47 PM
We are Brussels, we are part of a club where no one member has control but all members together have control. You still don't seem to understand.

Make your mind up Gerry, either every decision is unanimously agreed or it isn't. We know it isn't cause Merkel does what she wants, and the nobodies like Ireland and Greece get a few quid to keep quiet and go along with it. This is in fact how your beautiful EU works.

Just to remind you what you posted a few days ago I've copied it below. 

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2021, 10:26:41 AM
There is still 2 million unknowns wandering around the EU, all because Merkel made a unilateral decision. Something you tell us never happens.

Quote from: GerryT on September 07, 2021, 10:38:13 AM
Nope I never said that.

Well you just said it above.

It's simply like the UN.

UN = United States.
EU = Germany.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2021, 04:05:26 PM
Personally I would prefer to be the 51st US state than be apart of the EU, especially if we could be relocated somewhere just off the coast of Florida.

A decade or more ago there were suggestions that the UK could encourage Nordic countries to join with it to apply to join Nafta — recast to become the North Atlantic Free Trade Area. It's appeal seemed to be that its principal objectives would be based on trade rather politics...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2021, 02:30:47 PM
We are Brussels, we are part of a club where no one member has control but all members together have control. You still don't seem to understand.
Nothing to say about the link I posted,seems the Dup are sick of the eu and it's nonsense.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: cromwell on September 09, 2021, 12:40:11 PM
All sounds like you and Brussels :P

What we need is a hard border on the island of Ireland. And if the IRA starts trouble again....well our paras are standing by and we could be in Dublin within a fortnight,

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 09, 2021, 12:40:11 PM

cromwell

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 09, 2021, 11:04:48 AM
you've been taking orders from USA for decades, thinking there's a 'special relationship. Every trade deal you sign you agree to abide by rules, rules you can't change without agreeing or leaving the deal. So again with trade you're being told what to do, as you can't do what you want. Your govt is crowing about all the trade deals its agreed since leaving. You do realise your goods sold in the UK are still conforming to CE rules. You do know part of the UK is still pretty much in the EU

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2021, 06:02:06 AM
I would go along with that Quackers but they are not fed up with Britain . They are revelling in the limelight that has promoted unelected nobodies into positions of celebrity and will continue to drag it out for as long  as possible .
They probably dont fancy returning to their grey offices of Brussels where they try to find something unnecessary to do that promotes them once more if only temporary into the headlines . 

Brexit has been good for the nobodies of the EU

Pretty much hits the nail on the head.

A good place abroad, particularly for holidays. But there is no point in taking it seriously.

:) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2021, 03:50:55 PM
Making our own government accountable for its failings was pretty much high up on the list for voting leave

Maybe the EU nations are used to being ruled by others we are not ,regardless of our current non empire status we still dont take orders from others , its not in our nature or our  DNA .

An Island ,'somewhere out there '  will do me just fine
you've been taking orders from USA for decades, thinking there's a 'special relationship. Every trade deal you sign you agree to abide by rules, rules you can't change without agreeing or leaving the deal. So again with trade you're being told what to do, as you can't do what you want. Your govt is crowing about all the trade deals its agreed since leaving. You do realise your goods sold in the UK are still conforming to CE rules. You do know part of the UK is still pretty much in the EU