I wonder how the EU really feels about Brexit?

Started by Borchester, August 03, 2021, 05:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 14, 2021, 07:45:47 AMthink you need to read the terms of the Transatlantic trade treaty that was being put about a year or so before Cameron did his "free me from the shackles of this bothersome liberal democrat and I'll have a vote on Europe" speech.

One of the more autistic political commentators of the time popped up as a consultant for Transport for London at the time (god knows what on) and for my sins i ended up working with him professionally

The guy made George Monbiot look sane and well balanced but the treaty he told me to read was crystal clear in its intent to provide the yanks a doorway through which to barge into the UK and then infiltrate the EU...

Sock Puppetry did not seem to be involved. It seemed more like the UK would become Diego Garcia.

The UK seems to think its a global leader, but that hasn't been the case for over 100yrs. Look at it this way, UK exports of goods and services 2020 was $880b but Ireland was $502b. Surprising a country 13 times the size of Ireland is doing less than 1.8 times more export trade.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 10:45:43 PM
Course it is.

The powers of the EU are split over 3 bodies:

President of the EU Council - 5yr post - Charles Michel - Belgium - Nominated by the heads of the Council (PM's from each country) and voted in by the EU parliament.
The last Six presidents were Polish, Belgium, Sweden, Chech republic, France, Slovenia.

President of the EU Commission - 5yr post - Ursula Von Der Leyen - Germany - Nominated by the heads of the Council (PM's from each country) and voted in by the EU parliament.
The last Six presidents were Luxembourg, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, France.

President of the EU Parliament - 2.5yr post - David Sassoli - Italian - Voted in by the EU parliament. The parliament has 705 seats. Germany gets 96, how does Germany get its way ? If Spain and Poland voted together they would outvote Germany on every debate.
The last Six presidents were Italy, Germany, Poland, Germany, Spain, Ireland.

You show an "opinion" piece and try pass it off as "fact". "opinions" are not "facts". Decisions in the EU are made by the above bodies, every country (commission & council) has one representative. The parliament consists of MEP's elected in each country, obviously more MEPs from larger countries but smaller countries have more MEP's per head of population to strike a balance. Ever consider doing that in the UK ? not a chance.

Again, where is the proof that Germany controls the EU, tells other countries what to do. How do they do this ?

As for contributions, per capita Netherlands and Sweden pay more than Germany, but where is this money spent. 84% is spent on Smart and Sustainable Growth projects within the EU. 7% on Global affairs, 2% on Security and 7% goes on Administration. The money isn't handed out, its allocated to projects which in turn benefit the full EU. Like when a Govt spends more money in disadvantaged areas to create employment and growth, the full country benefits. The budget is predominantly about growing the EU, only 7% goes on the running of the EU. The nett 7.5b from the UK will be missed but it just means a cut in growth programmes and Global projects. But that money could be recovered with the export Duty and VAT charged on goods going to the UK, and as EU countries GNP grows so will the monies the EU will receive.

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 01:44:43 PM
Have you taken your medication today ?
LIke how did the USA have a seat at the table when they don't have a seat at the table. Are you saying the UK is the sock puppet for the USA, is that it ?

I think you need to read the terms of the Transatlantic trade treaty that was being put about a year or so before Cameron did his "free me from the shackles of this bothersome liberal democrat and I'll have a vote on Europe" speech.

One of the more autistic political commentators of the time popped up as a consultant for Transport for London at the time (god knows what on) and for my sins i ended up working with him professionally

The guy made George Monbiot look sane and well balanced but the treaty he told me to read was crystal clear in its intent to provide the yanks a doorway through which to barge into the UK and then infiltrate the EU...

Sock Puppetry did not seem to be involved. It seemed more like the UK would become Diego Garcia.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 05:28:46 PM
https://www.politico.eu/article/european-commission-declares-war-on-german-arrogance-eu-court-of-justice-karlsruhe/
https://www.economist.com/europe/2020/06/25/germany-is-doomed-to-lead-europe
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/31/is-germany-too-powerful-for-europe

#1   🇩🇪 Germany   €17,213M   
[HIGHLIGHT]#2   🇬🇧 United Kingdom   €9,770M[/HIGHLIGHT]
#3   🇫🇷 France   €7,442M   
#4   🇮🇹 Italy   €6,695M   
#5   🇳🇱 Netherlands   €4,877M   
#6   🇸🇪 Sweden   €1,983M   
#7   🇦🇹 Austria   €1,534M   
#8   🇩🇰 Denmark   €1,468M   
#9   🇫🇮 Finland   €679M   
#10   🇮🇪 Ireland   €542M   

And you ask why and how Germany is pulling the strings in the EU... The above links and payments tell you why. Now the UK has gone Germany's 17 billion is going to be more like 22 billion.
Is that it ? Really ?
Your example of German rule is them possibly flouting eu rules and the eu taking legal action to kick german in the balls. Every eu country has flouted the rules, IRL did it, were we controlling the EU. Hungary,  Poland, UK, did they all rule the EU.
Article 2 is a piece of fiction, talking about a comedians attitude and the 3rd is nearly a carbon copy of 2.

Still no example of Germany telling the EU how things will be. Like the way England does to NI or Scotland.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 05:06:58 PM
People fleeing don't cross 6 countries to get away from persecution, and that is the minimum they can cross to get to Germany. there are 4 perfectly safe countries surrounding Syria that they could settle in but no, they want the streets paved in gold.

ISIS put out a statement saying when they arrive in Europe it wall be as refugees and night fighting so why would you just let 800k of them in?
As I've pointed out several times, people are getting killed and raped by these Syrians: their culture does not fit with ours as a single lone female is seen as fair game to them. And I don't want any of them in my country.

You should know better than most as Dublin is riddled with them begging on every corner.
From Syria, Italy, Austria, Germany. Over 6m fled Syria, too many for just a small number of countries to deal with. The UK took some. Your also taking afghan refugees, plenty of ISIS can come, you only need a hand full.
The UK is a melting pot of varying cultures, a bit late to be worrying about it. Plenty of cultures don't fit with the UK's. I thought the big issue in the UK with rape were Pakistan men, not Syrians.
I welcome refugees, I'm not a fan of most religions, its the cause of so much suffering and death. How their integrated into society is key.
As for Dublin your a better judge than me, I would have said Romanian gypsies were the main beggers along side the Irish themselves.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 07:38:37 AMNow you answer, show how Germany as a country controls the EU and not a German person acting in their EU role.

https://www.politico.eu/article/european-commission-declares-war-on-german-arrogance-eu-court-of-justice-karlsruhe/
https://www.economist.com/europe/2020/06/25/germany-is-doomed-to-lead-europe
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/31/is-germany-too-powerful-for-europe

#1   🇩🇪 Germany   €17,213M   
[HIGHLIGHT]#2   🇬🇧 United Kingdom   €9,770M[/HIGHLIGHT]
#3   🇫🇷 France   €7,442M   
#4   🇮🇹 Italy   €6,695M   
#5   🇳🇱 Netherlands   €4,877M   
#6   🇸🇪 Sweden   €1,983M   
#7   🇦🇹 Austria   €1,534M   
#8   🇩🇰 Denmark   €1,468M   
#9   🇫🇮 Finland   €679M   
#10   🇮🇪 Ireland   €542M   

And you ask why and how Germany is pulling the strings in the EU... The above links and payments tell you why. Now the UK has gone Germany's 17 billion is going to be more like 22 billion.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 04:37:09 PMWow, selective quoting. Lets examine what I actually said.
Quote from: GerryT on Today at 07:35:48 am

very obviously people fleeing for their lives. Is that not why the UK said they would take in 20,000.

People fleeing don't cross 6 countries to get away from persecution, and that is the minimum they can cross to get to Germany. there are 4 perfectly safe countries surrounding Syria that they could settle in but no, they want the streets paved in gold.

ISIS put out a statement saying when they arrive in Europe it wall be as refugees and night fighting so why would you just let 800k of them in?
As I've pointed out several times, people are getting killed and raped by these Syrians: their culture does not fit with ours as a single lone female is seen as fair game to them. And I don't want any of them in my country.

You should know better than most as Dublin is riddled with them begging on every corner.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2021, 03:15:33 PMHow green you are.
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-8-2015-015092_EN.html
You still think Germany has the right to let millions of people in? Oh, I forgot. These ISIS operatives have to stay in Germany and can't just wander around where they want, they would be breaking the law.

Wow, selective quoting. Lets examine what I actually said.
Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 07:35:48 AMvery obviously people fleeing for their lives. Is that not why the UK said they would take in 20,000.

First I demonstrated that not only Germany but the UK took in the Syrian refugees. If ISIS wants to get into Europe they will. Then I said
Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 07:35:48 AMIf ISIS wants to get into Europe or the UK thats one way they will do it, another way is to recruit people born in Europe. Wasn't one of the UK attacks by a man born in the UK that was in his 50's.

Which is what happened in the UK, home grown ISIS involved in UK attacks. I then tried to ask the question why this is now happening, so much more than it did in the past. What's the reason, Religion is the big factor but also 'weapons of mass destruction' and bombing innocent people in the hunt for osama. The UK is far more involved in these crimes than Germany is, so stop blaming them for letting ISIS in. Why they came in the first place is down to you and the USA.

But don't worry your govt are planning on letting in 20,000 afghans, I'm sure you'll import plenty of ISIS looking for revenge for the past 20yrs of your countries occupation of their country.
Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 07:35:48 AMthe UK last yr, 2021 said they would take in similar numbers, 20,000 Afgan refugees over a number of yrs.
Do you think the UK has a right to decide unilaterally how many refugees and ISIS members it takes in to wander about Europe ?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 07:35:48 AMvery obviously people fleeing for their lives.

How green you are.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-8-2015-015092_EN.html

You still think Germany has the right to let millions of people in? Oh, I forgot. These ISIS operatives have to stay in Germany and can't just wander around where they want, they would be breaking the law.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 01:47:48 PM
I doubt it
Well stop worrying over it then and join the worldwide populist movement instead. Fastest growing political movement the world has ever seen you know.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 01:44:43 PM
LIke how did the USA have a seat at the table when they don't have a seat at the table. Are you saying the UK is the sock puppet for the USA, is that it ?
Not yet, what do you suggest? is there a vaccination for it?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 13, 2021, 01:40:53 PM
For a start they just put their hands in the air and went, we don't know what you are talking about honest guv. But they do. On another note, the Yanks only wanted us in the EU so they had a seat at the table, well now they don't so let's see how they get on without us for a change. You certainly haven't heard me crying over the political backlash from the globalists. In fact, it was most expected.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2021, 01:35:38 PM
Honestly I'm not really following you, too many 'they' or 'their', I could put in EU or UK so my best guess is this is what you your driving at.

I never said it was all the EU's fault you did, I said their own faults are their own and they got what they richly deserved. The EU knew from the start the British people would never accept the EU's kind of rule, so the EU had to manipulate UK politicians who in turn had to trap us in the EU. While in the meantime the UK politicians were given time to manipulate the British people enough to accept it all. So no as I said I don't blame the EU for every problem just the ones they knowingly created. You won't accept that because in your view the British people should be duped because of previous Westminster misdemeanours.

Even that makes no sense, what manipulation did the EU do, what is it your talking about
For a start they just put their hands in the air and went, we don't know what you are talking about honest guv. But they do. On another note, the Yanks only wanted us in the EU so they had a seat at the table, well now they don't so let's see how they get on without us for a change. You certainly haven't heard me crying over the political backlash from the globalists. In fact, it was most expected.