I wonder how the EU really feels about Brexit?

Started by Borchester, August 03, 2021, 05:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on September 16, 2021, 07:55:34 PM
Then why does it need an ambassador,why Johnson caved in I don't know.
that would be because lisbon gave it five presidents none of whom actualy run the show but all think they should
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2021, 10:24:56 AM
That fits in nicely with your posting Gerry, half a job.
You only had the beers, so your, no job.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 04:54:12 PM
and im about to start 9 holes and some beers. Ill be biting my nails in anticipation

That fits in nicely with your posting Gerry, half a job.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 16, 2021, 07:55:34 PM
I would have though that the EU needed ambassadors more than any country. If the UK has an issue with France then Johnson can always ph Macron. But who does Johnson Ph if he has an issue with the EU ? he's nobody as there is no leader of the EU. The EU ambassador within the EU offers that connection. The UK doesn't need to have an ambassador from the EU in the UK, it's for the UK's benefit. Likewise the different EU bodies & departments can channel communications through the Ambassador. How else is Johnson to ask for extensions and delays ?

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 02:33:17 PM
The EU is not a country
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 03:17:59 PM
Complete contradiction to what you've been saying.

This will of course be evidenced during the course of the afternoon, whilst I am out on the lash.
and im about to start 9 holes and some beers. Ill be biting my nails in anticipation

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 01:59:36 PMYou keep thinking the EU is a country, its not.
No, it's not, but is treated as one in many international forums. it does not want to be a country just yet, because it can have an extra vote whereas if they were the U.S.E. they would only have one vote for 27 countries.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 02:07:59 PM
Who are they
Do UK politicians, like Johnson swear an oath. How does that sit with you when he was found guilty in court for lying to the Queen, in an official govt. position. Does the oath mean anything ? if not whats the point of it, is it just ceremony for you ?

The armed forces swear their allegiance to the Monarch. They used to swear it to the Lord of the Manor for whom they served, who in turn swore his to the Monarch, and after the country realised what a pile of poo republicanism was, and restored the monarch under Charles the 2nd, they swore it to him, and subsequently to the sovereign.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 28, 2020, 11:58:24 PMThe EU produces, buys and trades all the time

Oh dear Gerry, what were you saying?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 02:33:17 PMThe EU is not a country, and you saying it brings warmth to my heart. GDP is a term associated with a country but it can be ever so easily applied to a group of countries such as the EU. Technically a combined GDP, but a GDP it is. This for you must be very complicated and hard to comprehend. Best that you just accept a number of countries GDP added together = that group of countries GDP. In long term (Ireland+France+Germany+....Italy) GDP = EU GDP. That's prob a little tough for you, how about 1banana+1banana+3bananas = 5Bananas. Is it sinking in, combine the group of countries GDP = EU GDP. Lesson finished for today.

Complete contradiction to what you've been saying.

This will of course be evidenced during the course of the afternoon, whilst I am out on the lash.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 02:19:39 PM
Oh, the greatest power within the EU doing what it wants, when it wants. But they're not pulling the strings 😆
Your lack of knowledge about all matters EU is astounding. So after you show the proof that Germany rules the EU, your going to show the EU article that stipulates an EU country is limited in the maximum number of Immigrants it can take in. This is another one of your idiotic statements. You should stick with numbers.

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 02:19:39 PM
No, it seems you think the EU is a country as you keep posting statistics showing the EU's GDP. I am the one that constantly tells you the EU doesn't buy or sell anything therefore has zero GDP.
The EU is not a country, and you saying it brings warmth to my heart. GDP is a term associated with a country but it can be ever so easily applied to a group of countries such as the EU. Technically a combined GDP, but a GDP it is. This for you must be very complicated and hard to comprehend. Best that you just accept a number of countries GDP added together = that group of countries GDP. In long term (Ireland+France+Germany+....Italy) GDP = EU GDP. That's prob a little tough for you, how about 1banana+1banana+3bananas = 5Bananas. Is it sinking in, combine the group of countries GDP = EU GDP. Lesson finished for today.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 01:59:36 PMNobody wanted 1m refugees, it was a problem that was put to Europe, not just the EU.

Oh, the greatest power within the EU doing what it wants, when it wants. But they're not pulling the strings 😆

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 01:59:36 PM
You keep thinking the EU is a country, its not.

No, it seems you think the EU is a country as you keep posting statistics showing the EU's GDP. I am the one that constantly tells you the EU doesn't buy or sell anything therefore has zero GDP.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 16, 2021, 02:09:35 PM
Ref #249  I've learned something today then - I've had a sex change!  :)
Oops, fixed that now !