Where have all the MSM covid experts gone?

Started by Sheepy, August 03, 2021, 06:23:41 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 04, 2021, 07:17:41 AM
Smoking guns?

Pat i reckon you remainers have a severe problem of tactics .

I have been hearing about so called smoking guns since the aftermath of the referendum in 2016 , and attitudes are still pro brexit.

Your basic problem is you are selling something no one wants.......negativity and doom and gloom. Brexiters are selling a message of hope and positivity.

This failed ideology of "project fear" worked on many in scotland......for reasons we dont have to go back into yet again in 2014.

It hasnt and wont work on the english as they are a different kettle of fish.

There has been a supply chain problem for example for  builders, supermarkets, garages etc etc , no one is blaming brexit , all are blaming covid. So no sure what latest smoking gun you are talking about , but whatever the bullshit or reality of the matter , you are onto a loser with project fear.
We all know the SNP and the Westminster party are in a competition for hearts and minds, they always will be, either way, it is about having control. Like I have said before dog whistle politics.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2021, 02:16:12 PM
Scotland has its own problems, which many appear to be countering by excessive (Europe-beating?) consumption of illegal drugs and alcohol.   

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/news/2021/drug-related-deaths-rise 
https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/news/2020/alcohol-deaths-decrease 

Im happy to talk about drug deaths in scotland pat , but how is this a brexit smoking gun?

Scotland does have a drugs problem.....its called westminster.

Ever since devolution , as everyone knows westmisnter has steadfastly refused to devolve the 1971 drugs act to holyrood. On top of that many of these addicts were brought up and then became addicted  in the sink estates created under the years of thatcher and majors obliteration of my city glasgow , not to mention the 80 years of gradual terminal decline under labour.

Holyrood can tinker around the edges , but the problem remains that drugs in scotland is an effect of london rule , and every scot knows it. Unionists and unionist media can scream snp bad all day long , but all they are doing is shouting at themselves while the independence movement and supporters laugh at their duplicity.

Its actually worth a thread on its own , so maybe when i have time we could discuss scotland`s westminster drug problem.

QuoteCovid is a handy catch-all excuse

So i have been saying now for 18 months.

You remainers were getting ready to launch the next stage of the disasterous strategy of project fear and up popped covid and took the wind right out of your sails.

No one is listening pat. Covid at the minute is consuming everything , and people are weary of it , never mind willing to listen to regurgitated brexit doomongering.

QuoteBritain's employers are struggling with the worst staff shortages since the late 1990s, amid the rush to reopen from lockdown and a sharp drop in overseas workers due to Brexit and Covid.

first of all 6 million european citizens applying to stay in the uk post brexit is no small amount of workers , and on top of that many are applauding the fact the tightening of a far too loose labour market is potentially pushing up wages.

I somewhow dont think condoning the slave labour market of farms for example will have people rushing to vote to rejoin the eu do you?

So for all these smoking guns you were on about , its been whittled down to a non brexit related discussion on scotlands drugs deaths and the inability of employers to abuse the labour market.?

Feck me pat , the remainer ammo is almost out .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

patman post

Quote from: Thomas on August 04, 2021, 07:17:41 AM
Smoking guns?

I have been hearing about so called smoking guns since the aftermath of the referendum in 2016 , and attitudes are still pro brexit.

Your basic problem is you are selling something no one wants.......negativity and doom and gloom. Brexiters are selling a message of hope and positivity.

This failed ideology of "project fear" worked on many in scotland......for reasons we dont have to go back into yet again in 2014.

There has been a supply chain problem for example for  builders, supermarkets, garages etc etc , no one is blaming brexit , all are blaming covid. So no sure what latest smoking gun you are talking about , but whatever the bullshit or reality of the matter , you are onto a loser with project fear.
Scotland has its own problems, which many appear to be countering by excessive (Europe-beating?) consumption of illegal drugs and alcohol.   

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/news/2021/drug-related-deaths-rise 
https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/news/2020/alcohol-deaths-decrease 

Covid is a handy catch-all excuse — and even though valid for just some of the time, Brexit's wholesale slashing of employees in the service and supply industries Covid's adverse affects have been on a very reduced base.   

Britain's employers are struggling with the worst staff shortages since the late 1990s, amid the rush to reopen from lockdown and a sharp drop in overseas workers due to Brexit and Covid. 

Sounding the alarm over the risks to economic recovery from acute labour shortages, the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and the accountancy firm KPMG said the number of available workers plunged in June at the fastest rate since 1997. 

Recruitment firms are reporting hiring challenges across several sectors of the economy, led by shortfalls in areas such as transport and logistics, hospitality, manufacturing and construction... 

Info drawn from:   https://home.kpmg/uk/en/home/media/press-releases/2021/06/kpmg-and-rec-uk-report-on-jobs.html
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Wear the mask sheepbrain, have the jab sheepbrain, have this biometric chip we have for you and we will fix everything, feck orf.

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2021, 07:06:52 PM

It's not like Brexit, where new information and smoking guns are being found week after week,

Smoking guns?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2021, 07:06:52 PM
Don't understand your critique. The report says nothing that's not been mainstream thinking for some time. Apart from China apologists and the useful gullible, nobody wants to cover the same ground again and again without anything new being put into the mix. 

It's not like Brexit, where new information and smoking guns are being found week after week, even though supporters try to belittle and stifle criticism based on concrete information — their efforts must be envied by the Chinese authorities...
I couldn't care less about the long Brexit Pat or the constant we are in competition with the EU, no chance matey the rest of us have moved on and getting on with the job, not worrying about what the EU are doing or aren't doing. If you cannot move on, not my problem.

patman post

Don't understand your critique. The report says nothing that's not been mainstream thinking for some time. Apart from China apologists and the useful gullible, nobody wants to cover the same ground again and again without anything new being put into the mix. 

It's not like Brexit, where new information and smoking guns are being found week after week, even though supporters try to belittle and stifle criticism based on concrete information — their efforts must be envied by the Chinese authorities...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/covid-cover-up-report-claims-virus-did-escape-from-wuhan-lab-months-before-first-case/ar-AAMRdXQ?ocid=msedgntp
We looked forward to our daily treat of the MSN's never-ending supply of an expert says. I told you they would disappear up their own expert backsides.