Olympic addiction

Started by T00ts, August 05, 2021, 09:57:59 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2021, 07:35:29 PM
I have managed to avoid it, even NHK TV has had little coverage.

What a ray of sunshine you are.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 05, 2021, 09:44:27 PM
Not watched a sine second.
It's of  o revelance to me.

Looks like you've had a few brandies there though Barry 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Not watched a sine second.
It's of  o revelance to me.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I have managed to avoid it, even NHK TV has had little coverage.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

With time difference and work meaning not being able to watch hardly any of it live I find it hard to keep interested . By the time I get around to watching the highlights I know who has won or lost so the only point to it is saying Ive been looking forward to this and keeping the tv remote away from the Mrs .

patman post

Yep, well done everybody.   

However, this time, I was surprised it was suddenly being given so much coverage on radio news. I knew the Olympics Games were happening, but nobody in real life was talking about it. So somehow these games have passed me by with just the occasional excited snippet from a reporter about the number of medals UK competitors were winning — plus a couple of airings of 13 year old Sky's interview after winning a medal at skateboarding...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I really thought that the Japanese would have a disaster on their hands with their delayed 2020 Olympic effort, yet here I am once again addicted. It was a slow start perhaps with little expectation but I was watching it at 3am this morning and dragged myself towards the off switch or it would have been an all nighter. Records are breaking all over the place brought on possibly by a fancy running track and posh shoes in the athletics, fancy undershirts and shin tape in the cycling (since banned but not penalised) and there has been some poor losers wearing our colours which has been embarrassing.

I am currently cycling in the velodrome and feeling every sinew with the riders, I have dived with the greatest, ridden beautiful horses, skateboarded with the youngest, swum til my goggles fell off and suffered numerous bumps and bruises along with these terrific competitors, and loved every minute of it. I can see me having withdrawal when it is done.

Is anyone else interested? I haven't seen any reference to it and yet it is such a big deal especially for the home bred team? Come on boys and girls as you fight it out to bring home the medals. I for one appreciate every stretched muscle.  Union Flag Dancing  Union Flag