Are you a pensioneer?

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 09, 2021, 12:58:30 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on August 12, 2021, 09:42:15 PM
Apparently wrapping fish and chips directly in newspaper was banned in the 1950s, after which the portions had to be wrapped in clean paper, which in turn could be wrapped in newspaper. 

I'm old enough to remember fish and chips with an outer wrapping of newspaper on top of white or greaseproof paper and I can't remember the food tasting any better then than it does now.

I'm a pensioner too and I and strongly opposed to Brexit. To tell the truth, although I think it's a bad thing for Britain I can't say my day-to-day life is any better or worse since leaving the EU. I might have got my covid vaccine earlier, which is a plus point, but then if we'd still been in the EU and still had a sensible prime minister, the situation might never have got so bad here. We just don't know.

Now there are shortages in the supermarkets. Some say it's because of the 'pingdemic' causing lots of drivers to self-isolate, while others say it's because of drivers from the EU leaving.

We will never get our empire back so it's a waste of time even trying to promote the idea.

Or if the EU had been more about cementing trade, and less about being a superstate controlled by an elite the citizens had no hope of demanding accountability from eh.

But we're outside that now thank god
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 09, 2021, 12:58:30 AM

As the Tories know we make up the biggest portion of their voter base so there's little chance of them hurting our pensions.

Well the days when the blue rinse brigade of Hartley Wintney had the major day in Tory policy ended decisively in 2019.

The Labour Party need to focus their efforts in the bastions in the north that crumbled

And you must surely realise nobody ever WINS an election. The election result is always as dir we CT result of the LOSER fucking up.

Boris and Starmer now need to aim squarely at the low paid working men and women who were so pissed at Labours abandoning them they voted blue to teach the Marxist shitbag a lesson

Unless Boris makes life a lot happier for the low paid worker and those who want to be higher paid workers in the North, the wall will get painted blood red again

Your chances of being top of the heap in the being listened to by Tory HQ are in a par with me winning the euromillions ,
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Churchill said that he once had a fascinating explanation of economics, but that it was after dinner and he soon forgot.

Attlee's only real blind spot was that he was useless at handling the nation's finances.

Despite being a lecturer in economics, Harold Wilson never got much further than blaming everything on the gnomes of Zurich.

Gordon Brown's contribution was to try to spend the nation out of a problem that was not there.

As a general rule no government knows jack shit about running an economy and anyone who expects otherwise should carry on sending those lists up the chimney to Father Christmas.

I did not expect Brexit to make my finances any better or worse. I voted Brexit because I was born English and intend to die that way. The nation's period as a satrapy of the EU empire has not been without its upside, but I am not inclined to sell my country for an extra few pence on the old age pension
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 12, 2021, 09:42:15 PM

I'm a pensioner too and I and strongly opposed to Brexit. To tell the truth, although I think it's a bad thing for Britain I can't say my day-to-day life is any better or worse since leaving the EU. I might have got my covid vaccine earlier, which is a plus point, but then if we'd still been in the EU and still had a sensible prime minister, the situation might never have got so bad here. We just don't know.

I am a pensioner and the only reason I voted remain was because I knew the Tories would make a total bog of Brexit, remove our rights, (which they have started to do already,) flog off the NHS which they are in the process of in bits and pieces hoping no-one will notice.
They are in the process of destroying the fishing industry, and farming. With major Brexit caused problems from January 2022.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Apparently wrapping fish and chips directly in newspaper was banned in the 1950s, after which the portions had to be wrapped in clean paper, which in turn could be wrapped in newspaper. 

I'm old enough to remember fish and chips with an outer wrapping of newspaper on top of white or greaseproof paper and I can't remember the food tasting any better then than it does now.

Now there are shortages in the supermarkets. Some say it's because of the 'pingdemic' causing lots of drivers to self-isolate, while others say it's because of drivers from the EU leaving.

We will never get our empire back so it's a waste of time even trying to promote the idea.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 08:31:23 AM
That was NOT the EU.  Ink used to print newspapers is carcinogenic. Newspapers should never be used for wrapping food or as toilet paper.

Given the damage it may cause I would have thought the EU would be claiming that one as one of their own . Still Im glad the bog roll situation has been cleared up , it is of course why the Guardian is no longer read as much as it used to be .

papasmurf

One prominent example is when the EU outlawed serving our chips in newspaper.

That was NOT the EU.  Ink used to print newspapers is carcinogenic. Newspapers should never be used for wrapping food or as toilet paper.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

I personally am and that factored a lot on my decision of voting to LEAVE the EU.

As the Tories know we make up the biggest portion of their voter base so there's little chance of them hurting our pensions. Furthermore, by voting to leave, I'm hoping Britain will see a return to the days when times were better for common folk during the days of the Empire.

Union Flag Union Flag

No

That piece of shit Sunak condemned me to another year in chains out of the fucking blue last year by raising the age to 66

If he pulls that stunt again I might just become radicalised.

HallowedBrexit

I personally am and that factored a lot on my decision of voting to LEAVE the EU.

As the Tories know we make up the biggest portion of their voter base so there's little chance of them hurting our pensions. Furthermore, by voting to leave, I'm hoping Britain will see a return to the days when times were better for common folk during the days of the Empire.

Union Flag Union Flag