Curry is colonialist and insulting?

Started by Sheepy, August 09, 2021, 01:06:00 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 09, 2021, 03:30:00 PM
Are we to no longer have any fun in this miserable world?
Ruby Murray, Curry, mine's a Biryani please.
No, because you are in the middle of psychological warfare, fun isn't part of the package.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 09, 2021, 08:03:29 PM
Fecking takeaway ?   The  full experience of Indian cuisine is in being served it and washing it down with a few cold Cobras .

The nearest Indian Restaurant  to where I live keeps getting raided by immigration and ends up being closed for month.
When it is open it if far too expensive for me. (It is also £40 to get home by taxi so drinking is out of the question.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 09, 2021, 07:28:07 PM
I am very wary of takeaway curries, especially the ones that are the same colour going in as they are coming out and you need full harness seat-belts fitted to the toilet.

Fecking takeaway ?   The  full experience of Indian cuisine is in being served it and washing it down with a few cold Cobras . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 09, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
The author is talking out of her rear end .  If she is insulted then tough , millions of Asians ,Brits and whoever are happy to keep the word as a collective for all the delights of the Curry house

I am very wary of takeaway curries, especially the ones that are the same colour going in as they are coming out and you need full harness seat-belts fitted to the toilet.

Streetwalker

The author is talking out of her rear end .  If she is insulted then tough , millions of Asians ,Brits and whoever are happy to keep the word as a collective for all the delights of the Curry house

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 09, 2021, 01:43:12 PM
Oh Bugger  so the frogs calling us Rosbiffs is insulting so is us calling the French frogs and The Jerries Krauts.
Are we to no longer have any fun in this miserable world?
Ruby Murray, Curry, mine's a Biryani please.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Oh Bugger  so the frogs calling us Rosbiffs is insulting so is us calling the French frogs and The Jerries Krauts.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on August 09, 2021, 01:13:49 PM
I wonder how Edwina and any like named family feel about that!

They could, like John Major, think that she is not to everyone's taste, but still a hot dish  :)

Actually, curry is an old English word that goes back to at least the Middle Ages and just means dinner. You took whatever was available, baked, fried or boiled it, added whatever spices were going and there you were. Bit like a meal in a modern Indian restaurant.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Curry is an english word anyway. First appeared in print in 1390:-

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8102
The Forme of Cury: A Roll of Ancient English Cookery Compiled, about A.D. 1390

T00ts

I wonder how Edwina and any like named family feel about that!

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/calls-for-word-curry-to-be-cancelled-over-claims-it-is-rooted-in-british-colonialism/ar-AAN5MAn?ocid=msedgntp
Well, that has fecked you up, you cannot ring up pretending to be concerned if I have had my curry today from your Indian palace in Dehli, rename it, new Curry.