The EU are at it again - now targeting British workers

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 10, 2021, 12:32:26 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 14, 2021, 04:18:23 AM
Like most people these days, I'm using a virtual private network. This particular private network has endpoints in Germany and Poland. Nevertheless, I'm British born and bred. I spent most of my youth in Cornwall true working class had to rent out the house during Thatcher's premiership and sleep in a van.

As for you yourself Nick, I always suspected you to be of Irish heritage.

Strange: you had an IP on a mobile network in Germany, how you VPN to someone's mobile phone I have to question.
All of a sudden since being questioned you have a U.K. IP address (that you have never had before) on a VPN network with a high fraud score.

I don't get involved in MOD issues, but I do with this kind of stuff. Especially when the subject is already suspect like you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Nick on August 14, 2021, 01:53:00 AM
When you say us British, do you include yourself in that as you post from Germany?

Like most people these days, I'm using a virtual private network. This particular private network has endpoints in Germany and Poland. Nevertheless, I'm British born and bred. I spent most of my youth in Cornwall true working class had to rent out the house during Thatcher's premiership and sleep in a van.

As for you yourself Nick, I always suspected you to be of Irish heritage.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 13, 2021, 07:19:06 PM

Just curious.

Any pilots on here ?

Any Air Accident Investigators ?

Anyone with any knowledge of the UK CAA and / or European Community Council For the Safety And Security of The Citizen ?

I ask because after Brown sent our economy down the toilet, I spent four very badly paid shitty years working with the UK CAA, negotiating all sorts of shit with its EU Counterpart.

I saw no technical difference between a UK CAA issued pilots licence and the EU Equivalent

I personally took a bulldozer and levelled the playing field overvAir Accident Reporting information Sharing. The AAiB actually waved my bulldozer licence at the EU obstructives trying to f**k with us.

So

It is clear to me having worked with these people that any "obstruction" preventing a pilot with a UK CAA issued pilots licence from working across the border is one of political spite not technical difference. An Airbus hits V1 and rotates at the same speed when lifting off an EU runway as it does on a British one. The radars and Air Traffic Controls are the damn same, I and several of my drinking buddies built the bloody things in the UK to export there, and vice versa

The same is not true of German doctors we were forced to accept who killed patients through unfamiliarity with UK NICE authorised medications .... But that was Germans killing Brits. That's allowed.....

John.

I've worked with the UK CAA for years, what are you rambling on about? It makes no sense, I thought you were a scientist?

Nick

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 10, 2021, 12:32:26 PM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1474834/brexit-news-ryanair-lauda-europe-caa-EASA-stansted-airport-eu-brussels-latest

The EU are discriminating against us British. Our pilots cannot even fly our own aircraft now.

Only shows that we were right to leave.  Union Flag

When you say us British, do you include yourself in that as you post from Germany?

Barry

Quote from: patman post on August 13, 2021, 07:55:34 PM
So are German doctors still allowed to fly to the UK to work in weekend GP surgeries...?
Not sure.
But my friend's Italian doctor who "works" at a surgery near Northampton appeared to be prescribing from her bar on the Mediterranean. Consultations are either voice or video call mostly.
I'm sure German doctors might be able to do the same, so no flight necessary.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Didn't the doctors fiasco happen while the UK was in the EU?  Now the UK is out, I guess there's no official way they can verify and accept each other's certification.   

So are German doctors still allowed to fly to the UK to work in weekend GP surgeries...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on August 13, 2021, 06:48:13 PM
Many people have lost their jobs through Covid, including pilots. But it seems in this instance that pilots with UK qualifications find these are not compatible with EU requirements so they cannot get back into employment by applying for jobs where EU compliant licences or qualifications are required.   

This discrepancy appears to by the fault of EU and UK negotiators, not pilots and airlines. Similar problems were encountered by sports trainers and tour guides even before Covid struck...

Just curious.

Any pilots on here ?

Any Air Accident Investigators ?

Anyone with any knowledge of the UK CAA and / or European Community Council For the Safety And Security of The Citizen ?

I ask because after Brown sent our economy down the toilet, I spent four very badly paid shitty years working with the UK CAA, negotiating all sorts of shit with its EU Counterpart.

I saw no technical difference between a UK CAA issued pilots licence and the EU Equivalent

I personally took a bulldozer and levelled the playing field overvAir Accident Reporting information Sharing. The AAiB actually waved my bulldozer licence at the EU obstructives trying to f**k with us.

So

It is clear to me having worked with these people that any "obstruction" preventing a pilot with a UK CAA issued pilots licence from working across the border is one of political spite not technical difference. An Airbus hits V1 and rotates at the same speed when lifting off an EU runway as it does on a British one. The radars and Air Traffic Controls are the damn same, I and several of my drinking buddies built the bloody things in the UK to export there, and vice versa

The same is not true of German doctors we were forced to accept who killed patients through unfamiliarity with UK NICE authorised medications .... But that was Germans killing Brits. That's allowed.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 10, 2021, 04:40:15 PM
Balpa says the government "has done little to even raise this contradiction with the EU" despite the pilots' union stressing that a reciprocal arrangement would open up job opportunities to the thousands of UK registered pilots made [HIGHLIGHT]redundant due to Covid-19 travel restrictions.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Your own article explains that the pilots lost their jobs due to COVID, nothing to do with BREXIT.
They have known for 5 years that we were leaving, if they can't be bothered to prepare by future proofing them selves then tough. Same as the EU nationals that have not bothered to apply for settled status, tough.
Many people have lost their jobs through Covid, including pilots. But it seems in this instance that pilots with UK qualifications find these are not compatible with EU requirements so they cannot get back into employment by applying for jobs where EU compliant licences or qualifications are required.   

This discrepancy appears to by the fault of EU and UK negotiators, not pilots and airlines. Similar problems were encountered by sports trainers and tour guides even before Covid struck...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2021, 01:09:33 PM
The reason is Brexit, Britain is no longer in the EU so certifications and licences for a wide range of things are not acceptable in the EU.  People were warned about this before Brexit.

There is a very simple solution

Declare all ECCAIRS issued licences invalid and shoot down any EU aircraft attempting to operate out of the UK.

Mr Ryanair will whinge like shit, but Lauda Air will soon vanish.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 10, 2021, 06:56:30 PM
Brilliant post. As Priti Patel said, we need to activate our economical inactive people. Since we're short on daffodil pickers and have an oberabundance of pilots, I strongly suggest we should move them to the agrarian sector.
And where best to move your posts?
The joke sector perhaps.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Nick on August 10, 2021, 04:52:28 PM
The average unemployment rate for pilots across Europe is around 15%*. And despite this, training schools continue to churn out pilots at high speed. While demand by the airlines is relatively stable, in the past years, the large network airlines have reduced recruiting.

Brilliant post. As Priti Patel said, we need to activate our economical inactive people. Since we're short on daffodil pickers and have an oberabundance of pilots, I strongly suggest we should move them to the agrarian sector.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2021, 04:23:09 PM
The thread opener makes that obvious. Yet another emergent property of an agreement Bojo-The-Clown signed but did not read.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/uk-pilots-urge-end-to-brexit-licence-inequality

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/post-brexit-exclusion-frustrates-uk-pilots-as-carriers-seek-easa-licensed-crews/144925.article

The average unemployment rate for pilots across Europe is around 15%*. And despite this, training schools continue to churn out pilots at high speed. While demand by the airlines is relatively stable, in the past years, the large network airlines have reduced recruiting.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 10, 2021, 04:44:28 PM
I was actually referring to flights between the U.K. and EU which was the big project fear mantra.

But again, I'm betting the 10k unemployed is 99% down to COVID and not BREXIT.
In that case you would be right, with further expected jobless pilots through climate change rules. So, I wouldn't be rushing to buy shares in Virgin Atlantic because Branson is looking for a buyer.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 10, 2021, 04:40:23 PM
10,000 unemployed pilots in the EU perhaps?

I was actually referring to flights between the U.K. and EU which was the big project fear mantra.

But again, I'm betting the 10k unemployed is 99% down to COVID and not BREXIT.

EDIT

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/02/05/meet-europe-s-grounded-pilots-forced-to-find-other-work-amid-travel-slump

Around 18,000 pilots jobs in Europe gone

"Devastation – this is the only word to describe the impact of the pandemic on pilot jobs in Europe," says Otjan de Bruijn, president of the European Cockpit Association (ECA), the representative body of the European pilot associations.

"We have seen crises before – the 2008 economic downturn, 9/11. We are used to the 'volatile' nature of the industry. But the COVID-19 pandemic brought a sudden, deep shock, and sadly – a steep unemployment curve among European pilots," he adds.

Around 18,000 pilot jobs in Europe are already gone or are on the brink of disappearance, out of a total of 65,000, according to ECA estimates.

However, de Bruijn said the exact number might slightly differ, as many airlines don't disclose all their job cuts and it's hard to know the real number of self-employed pilots losing contracts.

Based on ECA figures, one-out-of-five European pilots were on some sort of atypical employment contract before the pandemic.