political prisoners in the eu.

Started by Thomas, October 13, 2019, 09:23:54 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=858 time=1571244037 user_id=70
Or it could be that the EU does not get involved in the internal politics of its member states...

Really so why are they taking advice from Bliar et al in order to stymie brexit?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Or it could be that the EU does not get involved in the internal politics of its member states...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=840 time=1571240837 user_id=57
Quote from: T00ts post_id=836 time=1571239660 user_id=54

They can't do that! Just imagine the reactions! The EU is not there to interfere with domestic issues within member states. By the way I've got my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed. It's very uncomfortable.  :oops:

They were putting pressure on Hungary and Polond for something not long ago, they may still be.

They would say that that was because those countries had disobeyed agreed rules. My mother always said there is always more than one way to skin a cat. I reckon the EU knows all of them!

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=836 time=1571239660 user_id=54
Quote from: Cassie post_id=789 time=1571216891 user_id=57
I don't know why anyone in the EU has allowed people to be imprisoned for holding a political view, it so smacks of dictatorship. Brussels should intervene and have a word with the Spanish Government, but they don't.

They can't do that! Just imagine the reactions! The EU is not there to interfere with domestic issues within member states. By the way I've got my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed. It's very uncomfortable.  :oops:

They were putting pressure on Hungary and Polond for something not long ago, they may still be.

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=789 time=1571216891 user_id=57
I don't know why anyone in the EU has allowed people to be imprisoned for holding a political view, it so smacks of dictatorship. Brussels should intervene and have a word with the Spanish Government, but they don't.

Cassie

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking post_id=726 time=1571151672 user_id=79
Quote from: cromwell post_id=371 time=1570958194 user_id=48
Well what we have here is people who will remind us what a set of barstewards we were in past centuries,Nelson should be removed from his column.......others removed too.

A prime minister should stand up and make a fulsome apology for our past wrongs,we should be made to feel ashamed for the actions of our forbears and indeed our priveleged existence now really hang our heads in shame.

Stuff like this ........not a dickie bird,still I expect someone will be along In a couple of hundred years to set it right.

I would just like to take this opportunity to apologise to the world for the actions of my Great x24 Grandfather Ulf the Ugly for the unlawful manslaying of Thorfinn the Toothless in 854 nears Tromso.

I unreservedly apologise to the heirs of Thorfinn and others affected by the killing. It was wrong of Ulf and it was Thorfinn's Herring. It just looked very similar to the one that Ulf had lost.

Thank you

:lol:  :lol:  :hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell post_id=371 time=1570958194 user_id=48
Well what we have here is people who will remind us what a set of barstewards we were in past centuries,Nelson should be removed from his column.......others removed too.

A prime minister should stand up and make a fulsome apology for our past wrongs,we should be made to feel ashamed for the actions of our forbears and indeed our priveleged existence now really hang our heads in shame.

Stuff like this ........not a dickie bird,still I expect someone will be along In a couple of hundred years to set it right.

I would just like to take this opportunity to apologise to the world for the actions of my Great x24 Grandfather Ulf the Ugly for the unlawful manslaying of Thorfinn the Toothless in 854 nears Tromso.

I unreservedly apologise to the heirs of Thorfinn and others affected by the killing. It was wrong of Ulf and it was Thorfinn's Herring. It just looked very similar to the one that Ulf had lost.

Thank you

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas post_id=685 time=1571121289 user_id=58
Quote from: Sheepy post_id=666 time=1571087960 user_id=52

I guess I am right then Robroy,you are fecked you just don't know it yet.

with you to guide us sheep how can we fail?

I am hardly responsible for how the SNP conduct it affairs.What price freedom?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

QuoteMikko Kärnä

@KarnaMikko

Follow Follow @KarnaMikko

More

Spanish police has now asked the government to negotiate with Twitter to censor certain catalan accounts, which are connected to demonstrations. Is this European Union or China? My plea to #Twitter @Twitter is: don't do it. Defend democracy, human rights and freedom of speech.
[/b]
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Funny how donald tusk has plenty to say about the uk and brexit , but we have total silence from him over "so called internal matters" in other countries such as fascist spain and the abuses being enacted within this eu member state.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=660 time=1571085771 user_id=51
Current views in El País, generally considered to be pro-Madrid.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/10/14/inenglish/1571047452_313835.html">//https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/10/14/inenglish/1571047452_313835.html

Catalonia is under attack by the proto fascist spanish government , the ordinary people are back out on the streets , and everyone is asking where are the eu , the worlds foremost peacekeeping organisation that apparently has kept peace in europe since the second world war? :roll:

Feckin sickening.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG3p6IaX4AEBOmW.png">

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=666 time=1571087960 user_id=52

with you to guide us sheep how can we fail?

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas post_id=401 time=1570963061 user_id=58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGv1DfHXkAAaSGE.jpg">

anyway back on subject , it will be interesting to see the eu reaction if these "political prisoners" in spain get handed down 16 year sentences.

Wonder what happened to our anglo spanish friend findeton? Be interesting to hear his excuses on the matter! :lol:

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Current views in El País, generally considered to be pro-Madrid.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/10/14/inenglish/1571047452_313835.html">//https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/10/14/inenglish/1571047452_313835.html
† The end is nigh †