We have been part of an experiment

Started by Sheepy, August 11, 2021, 10:03:37 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 06, 2023, 02:23:08 PMSo then we have to rely on expert opinion to find an answer.  
That is not peer reviewed evidence.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2023, 11:06:31 AM
There is no need to be insulting there is no peer reviewed evidence then MRNA Vaccines change DNA.

Just teasing.  😉  A blog does not constitute proof or evidence.  So, neither of us have peer reviewed evidence either way.  Which means it might or might not change DNA.  So then we have to rely on expert opinion to find an answer.  I provided some already.  
https://twitter.com/stevensalzberg1/status/1465299579516170252
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 06, 2023, 10:32:40 AM
I don't want to read your rebuttplug.  Just give me proof that the snake oil does not change DNA.  If you can't, stop making false claims.
There is no need to be insulting there is no peer reviewed evidence then MRNA Vaccines change DNA.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2023, 08:08:41 AM
It is a rebuttal with embedded links.

I don't want to read your rebuttplug.  Just give me proof that the snake oil does not change DNA.  If you can't, stop making false claims.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 06, 2023, 09:14:14 AM
Sure but you swerved as usual, is he a scientist with a wealth of experience or not? asking for friend who went to Oxford on a shopping trip.
Sheepy did you read the links I posted and the links embedded in them. You need to learn systematic scepticism and apply it to so called science "research."  The man in your links has been thoroughly discredited.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 06, 2023, 08:08:41 AM

Sure but you swerved as usual, is he a scientist with a wealth of experience or not? asking for friend who went to Oxford on a shopping trip.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 05, 2023, 09:37:35 PM
You posted someone's blog.  Is it your blog?

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2023, 08:23:22 PM
Sheepy have you even bothered to read the links I posted?

You posted someone's blog.  Is it your blog?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 05, 2023, 08:08:19 PM
Are you saying he is isn't a qualified scientist without a wealth of experience?
Sheepy have you even bothered to read the links I posted?

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2023, 06:48:27 PM
Sheepy just do some checking on the man.

Are you saying he is isn't a qualified scientist without a wealth of experience?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 05, 2023, 06:15:41 PM
Home | Voice for Science and Solidarity
Well, what would he know, anyway, oh but wait he really does have qualifications.
Sheepy so suggested reading for you, far more at link with embedded links:-

Addressing Geert Vanden Bossche's Claims — Deplatform Disease

The short version: Geert Vanden Bossche has recently published a letter in which he argues that the vaccination campaign against COVID-19 is going to precipitate a public health disaster because the vaccines will select for viral variants that can escape their protection and drive them towards higher virulence. His claims are speculative, he offers no evidence to support his arguments, and makes several comments which are blatantly incorrect. The core of his argument relies on the assumption that COVID-19 vaccines do not have a significant effect on transmission. This has been repeatedly confirmed to be false in multiple studies. Furthermore, even if his assumptions about the effects of the vaccine on transmission are true, his conclusions are incorrect based on established precedent from Marek's disease, a viral illness of birds with a vaccine that does not strongly affect transmission- but it still shows meaningful public health benefits in the populations of chickens where it is used. The vaccines will absolutely be critical to ending the pandemic, and fortunately the modular nature of the technology allows for rapid reformulation and adjustment as necessary (and thus far, though precautions are being taken with novel variants to produce vaccines specific to their set of problematic mutations, there isn't significant enough evidence to suggest that total reformulation of the vaccines is needed), but no issues raised in this letter warrant a re-evaluation of our current COVID-19 vaccination policy.

Sheepy

Home | Voice for Science and Solidarity
Well, what would he know, anyway, oh but wait he really does have qualifications.