I'm being brainwashed!

Started by T00ts, August 11, 2021, 10:22:29 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Here I am at home with the radio on with Radio 2 chatting and singing away while I occupy myself happily. Then it struck me this morning - there is one track that keeps playing. I realise now that each change of DJ inevitably repeats this same track throughout the day. I change programmes for a bit of highbrow/intellectual input but I can guarantee that each time I return I am subjected to this same track. Bad Habits is the name and it got me thinking.

Has this always been the case? Is it just because I tend to be in more than out recently that I have noticed it? Has the BBC lost their library of popular music, or had a clear out? Do they get paid to play certain tracks ad nauseum? I have so far avoided the earworm syndrome from over hearing this particular song which makes absolutely no sense at all. It's just a set of words repeated like a parrot. I even looked up the lyrics to try and make sense of it and failed. I fear that given enough time the Beeb will turn me into a gibbering idiot with 'Bad habits' exploding out of my head in a balloon. Perhaps I have lost it already!  :o