Transgender

Started by Barry, December 07, 2019, 05:44:44 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=9124 time=1576063873 user_id=75
You're just digging yourself a deeper hole than you were in when you first posted but I see this is a deeply ingrained prejudice so there is little point expecting you to understand that being transgender is perfectly legitimate.

As DD pointed out. Let them be a pink pony if they like, but don't expect sane people to join in with the delusion and deception, by saying, "Oh look, there's a pink pony", when we are looking at a dapple grey stallion.

Have you come up with any medical opinion to back your theory that they are not mentally ill?

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=9126 time=1576064158 user_id=75
I'm calling out blatantly transphobic comments and the fact that this forum seems perfectly happy for them to be made.

If you're happy to let those kind of comments to stand unchallenged and label anyone who isn't as an 'offended liberal' in a attempt to legitimise bigotry then that is your choice.

It's an Internet forum to swap ideas and opinions. If you don't like to read other people's contributions, it might not be a safe space for you.
† The end is nigh †

Ciaphas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=9105 time=1576055626 user_id=50
Yes, as I said, people with a different opinion to you. What should we do? Lock him up and throw away the key?

Its not an opinion I share, so you'll have to take it up with him, but Barry is a christian and many religious beliefs can upset liberals. Shall we have a thread on Islam's love of homosexuals? Probably not, as I doubt that would raise even a fraction of the interest this does for the average offended liberal. Islamophobia anyone?

On the subject of "phobias" (you know, that curious reaction of the orthodox lefty to any view that they don't like means the holder is "afraid") "transphobia", no, I'm not afraid of transexuals. I don't dislike transsexuals. I don't understand them, but then I don't understand brain surgery either, yet I'm not afraid of brain surgeons.

Youll just have to accept that some people have a different opinion to yours. I know many liberals have difficulty with this, but there it is. Slagging off a whole forum because it doesn't mirror your beliefs isn't going to change anyone's opinion.

I'm calling out blatantly transphobic comments and the fact that this forum seems perfectly happy for them to be made.

If you're happy to let those kind of comments to stand unchallenged and label anyone who isn't as an 'offended liberal' in a attempt to legitimise bigotry then that is your choice.

Ciaphas

Quote from: Barry post_id=9116 time=1576061256 user_id=51
Didn't have the guts to quote me then? I've said what I believe. Please show how "Describing transexuals as being 'mentally ill" is wrong. Preferably by a reliable link to a trusted medical opinion. My argument is that counselling should be an option, not surgery. When they recover and change their minds, it is too late if they've had bits chopped off. I don't want people to be abused.

Maybe they'll make you a moderator some time, then all will be fair.

Here's a bit of light reading:

https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/sex-reassignment-doesnt-work-here-the-evidence">//https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/sex-reassignment-doesnt-work-here-the-evidence

Note the 20x extra risk of suicide - which is always as a result of mental illness. Do you see the link?

You're just digging yourself a deeper hole than you were in when you first posted but I see this is a deeply ingrained prejudice so there is little point expecting you to understand that being transgender is perfectly legitimate.

Barry

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=9084 time=1576047511 user_id=75
Adding transphobia to your repertoire of bigotry?

Didn't have the guts to quote me then? I've said what I believe. Please show how "Describing transexuals as being 'mentally ill" is wrong. Preferably by a reliable link to a trusted medical opinion. My argument is that counselling should be an option, not surgery. When they recover and change their minds, it is too late if they've had bits chopped off. I don't want people to be abused.

QuoteSadly this forum only appears to have rules against racism and gives everything else a green light.

Maybe they'll make you a moderator some time, then all will be fair.

Here's a bit of light reading:

https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/sex-reassignment-doesnt-work-here-the-evidence">//https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/sex-reassignment-doesnt-work-here-the-evidence

Note the 20x extra risk of suicide - which is always as a result of mental illness. Do you see the link?

QuoteTransgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men. All (including Bruce Jenner) become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they 'identify.' In that lies their problematic future.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

As a deeply religious believer I cannot accept anything other than 2 genders. Can I explain the feelings of those who take on a trans persona? No and as I believe in free will then I cannot condemn them for their choices. What does upset me is those who determine what I should accept, regardless of my firmly held beliefs. If I am prepared to honour other's free will why should mine be undermined?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=9089 time=1576050916 user_id=75
To quote Barry

Describing transexuals as being 'mentally ill' and stating they need to be cured with therapy, drugs or  electroconvulsive therapy is blatant bigotry and quite frankly disguisting but as I said it seems this forum is perfectly happy with even the most vile bigotry as long as it's not racism.

Yes, as I said, people with a different opinion to you. What should we do? Lock him up and throw away the key?

Its not an opinion I share, so you'll have to take it up with him, but Barry is a christian and many religious beliefs can upset liberals. Shall we have a thread on Islam's love of homosexuals? Probably not, as I doubt that would raise even a fraction of the interest this does for the average offended liberal. Islamophobia anyone?

On the subject of "phobias" (you know, that curious reaction of the orthodox lefty to any view that they don't like means the holder is "afraid") "transphobia", no, I'm not afraid of transexuals. I don't dislike transsexuals. I don't understand them, but then I don't understand brain surgery either, yet I'm not afraid of brain surgeons.

Youll just have to accept that some people have a different opinion to yours. I know many liberals have difficulty with this, but there it is. Slagging off a whole forum because it doesn't mirror your beliefs isn't going to change anyone's opinion.

Churchill

In this day and age you can say what you like as long as you say nothing.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Ciaphas

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=9088 time=1576050195 user_id=50
No, what you mean it's this forum doesn't pander to whatever the latest trendy liberal sensibility is.

The vast majority of us couldn't give a flying feck if someone wants to identify as the opposite gender, or as a pink pony for that matter. Just get on with it and leave the rest of us alone with OUR values, even if they don't dovetail neatly with yours. But that isn't how it is. Now there is a whole cottage industry based around this (and other) "minority issue(s)", people getting offended or offended on behalf of others, seizure of the language we are or aren't allowed to use or demanding to be addressed or referred to in a certain way. Its bollocks. Be a fecking pink pony or whatever you like, just don't unload your sh*t on the rest of us.

Like with every liberal cause celeb, it's a small minority of people making a lot of fuss and shouting "look at .me, look at me". Who gives a sh*t? Feck off and be a pony or whatever else, but many of us believe there are only two genders, male and female. If you don't like that, tough, but stop trying to villify people just because they don't share your opinions.

To quote Barry

QuoteNotwithstanding genetic defects and abnormalities, these trans types are mentally ill. To start giving them surgery is just crazy and abusive, when they need counselling, or anti-depressants or even ECT.

Describing transexuals as being 'mentally ill' and stating they need to be cured with therapy, drugs or  electroconvulsive therapy is blatant bigotry and quite frankly disguisting but as I said it seems this forum is perfectly happy with even the most vile bigotry as long as it's not racism.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=9084 time=1576047511 user_id=75

Sadly this forum turns a blind eye to such ignorant attitudes.

No, what you mean it's this forum doesn't pander to whatever the latest trendy liberal sensibility is.

The vast majority of us couldn't give a flying feck if someone wants to identify as the opposite gender, or as a pink pony for that matter. Just get on with it and leave the rest of us alone with OUR values, even if they don't dovetail neatly with yours. But that isn't how it is. Now there is a whole cottage industry based around this (and other) "minority issue(s)", people getting offended or offended on behalf of others, seizure of the language we are or aren't allowed to use or demanding to be addressed or referred to in a certain way. Its bollocks. Be a fecking pink pony or whatever you like, just don't unload your shit on the rest of us.

Like with every liberal cause celeb, it's a small minority of people making a lot of fuss and shouting "look at .me, look at me". Who gives a shit? Feck off and be a pony or whatever else, but many of us believe there are only two genders, male and female. If you don't like that, tough, but stop trying to villify people just because they don't share your opinions.

Ciaphas

Sadly this forum only appears to have rules against racism and gives everything else a green light.

Baron von Lotsov

Don't you remember the press played exactly the same game with the proles' minds with the other inner Party objectives? The idea during this phase is to normalise it, so the Times is on board as well you know.

This propaganda game works via certain techniques, and repetition is one of them. Make it look every-day and the mind will lose its objections.  

This is one mistake made by many Christian media sites. They believe by syndicating the enemy's communications that it is opposing them. OK I suppose I've just done this above, but i deliberately truncated it so as just to demonstrate my point. I would never copy and past a whole essay on it, like you get in  the Guardian, which as one should know, are also paid up subscribers to the inner party's objectives. They often share journalists with the papers that purport to support the opposite view, e.g. switching between Mirror and Telegraph.

By the way, it is one very good reason to ditch your BBC licence.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Barry

There is an article in the Times today, my wife brought my attention to.

A woman who was the victim of rape as a child was due a mammogram and requested that the person doing the radiography was a natal female.

This has caused a bit of a storm in the south of England.

This is despite the ruling that mammography is considered an http://wommen.org.uk/blog/2017/04/26/can-men-mammographer-technicians/">intimate examination recently.

What this lady wanted was another lady to examine her. This seems a reasonable request to me. She did not want a man, or a man pretending to be a woman examining her. The health authority have compared to asking for a white person to examine her, which I think is utter rubbish.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote7 Nov 2019 - Latest news and campaigns from LGBT+ Conservatives, the national ... gay, bisexual and trans Conservatives, and those who wish to support them. We provide an LGBT+ voice within the Party

QuoteTory ministers attacked for stalling transgender reforms
Mirror

QuoteThis is why the Conservative Party has lost its way. ... Last November, the Department for Education flew the transgender flag to mark the Transgender Day
Melanie Philips

QuoteBoth the Conservatives and Labour agree on trans rights. ... The Conservative Party, once a generator of anti-LGBT laws, has belatedly ...
Economist

It's clear the Cons have also been ordered to comply with the Inner Party's wishes.

We do not live in a democracy. It's a one -party state with different brands.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

johnofgwent

As I posted in the old forum...

Back in 96 I worked at british telecom martlesham where bloke who wished to be a woman got HR to instruct us to treat him as a woman.

Suffice to say I told him to his face he was the most butt ugly woman I had seen in my life. And went on to say  that included the all woman crew of the mine counter measures vessel that docked at Barrow in furness while I was refitting a submarine. A few of whom, I said to "it", I would have to admit I would give a good seeing to,  but twice as many would need not so much a paper bag, but more like a whole hazmat suit, before I'd go near.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

You know when the liberals say people can do as they like, as long as it does not affect others?

Well, this transgender stuff has lots of people saying that male is female and vice versa. Then the deluded people who think they have transitioned expect me to join in with their deception.

A man I met recently said, "I want to be woman" - "Is illegal in my country, but in your country is good".

Good? Nothing could be further from the truth.

I've seen that sports is being affected now with "women" that are really men breaking new records. This is absurd and perverse.

The thing that defines a man or woman is the presence of a "Y" chromosome.

Notwithstanding genetic defects and abnormalities, these trans types are mentally ill. To start giving them surgery is just crazy and abusive, when they need counselling, or anti-depressants or even ECT.

So to the PC brigade who want me to refer to a man as she, or a woman as "he" I say, "No", as I don't want to be associated with the deception and lies working their way through our society.
† The end is nigh †