Transgender

Started by Barry, December 07, 2019, 05:44:44 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 14, 2020, 12:28:07 AM
Quote from: Nalaar on July 13, 2020, 08:29:34 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on July 13, 2020, 08:11:23 AM
Quote from: Nalaar on June 27, 2020, 12:42:57 PM

He was actively calling people "groomers" etc.

Would you allow users on this forum to state that another user was grooming children?

If they were, I'd be quite pissed off that the forum admin / mods tried to hide it...

And if they were not?

then I'd be equally pissed at them for saying it.

but it seems to me that there is far more demonisation and censorship of those who seek to expose such behaviour,  all the way up to the top of government who sought to hide it, than there is false accusation...

Fair enough. I'll bear that in mind if anyone accuses you of being a groomer.
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on July 13, 2020, 08:29:34 AM

Would you allow users on this forum to state that another user was grooming children?

If they were, I'd be quite pissed off that the forum admin / mods tried to hide it...

And if they were not?

then I'd be equally pissed at them for saying it.

but it seems to me that there is far more demonisation and censorship of those who seek to expose such behaviour,  all the way up to the top of government who sought to hide it, than there is false accusation...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

And if they were not?

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry on June 27, 2020, 12:28:35 PM
This whole post-truth transgender debate is getting people banned from Twitter.
Apparently for posting "Men aren't women".
Or
"That's HIM" when referring to a man who thinks he is a woman.
All crazy stuff:
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/27/graham-linehan-suspended-twitter-12909978/

Barry

This whole post-truth transgender debate is getting people banned from Twitter.
Apparently for posting "Men aren't women".
Or
"That's HIM" when referring to a man who thinks he is a woman.
All crazy stuff:
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/27/graham-linehan-suspended-twitter-12909978/
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on June 15, 2020, 09:59:18 PM
As time goes on, I believe that the government went to far with the isssue of gender certificates, which tell the lie that a biological male or female is now considered someone of the opposite sex.
In fact, I would say that identifying as a sex different to your own should be prohibited.

It requires a great deal of mental agility to refer to a guy at the hospital by female pronouns when it is obvious to everyone he's a bloke.

👍

It goes deeper, zee this:

Quote from: Dynamis on June 15, 2020, 12:19:42 AM
Quote from: Javert on June 10, 2020, 11:35:09 PM
<r><QUOTE author="Barry" post_id="28718" time="1591822256" user_id="51">>
Quote from: Barry post_id=28718 time=1591822256 user_id=51
It's all about this:

<URL url="https://politicalforums.uk/pol/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=391&hilit=trans">>Transgender<e></e></URL>

AND about the post truth world in which we now live. We all know we are born male or female. (1 in 1500 have problems, but that's congenital abnormality)

Deluded people think that they are women when they are men. (More common)

Others think they are men when they are women. (Less common)

Instead of pointing out their errors and delusion, many people go along with their mental illness and pander to them.

JK Rowling has no problem with accepting people of this nature. She objects to the trans lobby rewriting the dictionary. That's my take on it, anyhow.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Did you read the entire blog she posted?  Her position was a bit more nuanced than that and she fully accepted that trans people do exist and in some cases gender reassignment is the right thing.  Her concerns seem to be more about people making radical decisions too quickly, when in reality it's probably a mixture - some people are truly born in the wrong body whilst others are confusing that with other issues, and set in an atmosphere where it appears that to question or challenge anything is not allowed. 

She certainly wasn't saying that anyone who is confused about their  gender identity Is definitely mentally ill and the best option is to mansplain the error of their ways. 

Considering in long term history all humans probably ran about naked for a high percentage of their existence so far, it's a bit odd that it's such an issue if men wear women!s clothes or vice versa, but it is a bit concerning if there are significant numbers of people having gender change surgery and then regretting it later.  I do not know the figures here and I'm not even sure if anyone is collecting them.</r>

I think you will find this as enlightening and hoorribly shocking as I did..

https://medium.com/@sue.donym1984/a-republican-billionaire-is-funding-the-trans-movement-and-conversion-therapy-junk-science-c0a824c3fb96

[size=12](also[/size]
[size=12]https://thefederalist.com/2018/02/20/rich-white-men-institutionalizing-transgender-ideology/[/size]

[size=12]https://medium.com/@sue.donym1984/inauthentic-selves-the-modern-lgbtq-movement-is-run-by-philanthropic-astroturf-and-based-on-junk-d08eb6aa1a4b)[/size]

Powerful Republicans and billionaires truly are the spawn of satan aren't they..
+++

Barry

As time goes on, I believe that the government went too far with the issue of gender certificates, which tell the lie that a biological male or female is now considered someone of the opposite sex.
In fact, I would say that identifying as a sex different to your own should be prohibited.

It requires a great deal of mental agility to refer to a guy at the hospital by female pronouns when it is obvious to everyone he's a bloke.

Edited typo
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: boggart on June 12, 2020, 01:41:54 PM
Quote from: Benson on April 27, 2020, 08:07:23 PM
There are two sexes and gender is just a play on words.</t>

It is interesting how the meanings today have changed so much from what they used to be.

sex
1) that by which an animal or plant is male or female: the quality of being male or female: either of the divisions according to this, or its members collectively
2) being male or female or hermaphrodite: males or females collectively

1) distinction of words roughly answering to sex: (loosely or jocularly) sex
2) grammatical classification (or one of the classes) of objects roughly corresponding to the two sexes and sexlessness; property of belonging to such class, (of adjectives) appropriate form for accompanying a noun of one such class; (joc.) one's sex

1) Chamber's 20th Century Dictionary - 1964 impression
2) The Concise Oxford Dictionary - 6th Edition, 7th Impression (1978)

The best refutation I've seen yet of 'non binary genders'.

+++

boggart

Quote from: Benson on April 27, 2020, 08:07:23 PM
There are two sexes and gender is just a play on words.</t>

It is interesting how the meanings today have changed so much from what they used to be.

sex
1) that by which an animal or plant is male or female: the quality of being male or female: either of the divisions according to this, or its members collectively
2) being male or female or hermaphrodite: males or females collectively

1) distinction of words roughly answering to sex: (loosely or jocularly) sex
2) grammatical classification (or one of the classes) of objects roughly corresponding to the two sexes and sexlessness; property of belonging to such class, (of adjectives) appropriate form for accompanying a noun of one such class; (joc.) one's sex

1) Chamber's 20th Century Dictionary - 1964 impression
2) The Concise Oxford Dictionary - 6th Edition, 7th Impression (1978)

Benson

Quote from: Hyperduck Quack Quack on May 14, 2020, 10:13:55 AM
<r><QUOTE author="Benson" post_id="22760" time="1588014443" user_id="115">>
Quote from: Benson post_id=22760 time=1588014443 user_id=115
If I'm allowed to put my Two Penn'orth in. I don't set out to offend, i keep out of this transgender subject, bar for one view; I hope modern science can one day develop an oral or injection cure to align people's brains with the contents of their underwear. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are two sexes and gender is just a play on words. <e>
</e></QUOTE>

Or the other way round - realign the contents of their underwear with their brains. A lot of transgender / questioning people would welcome that.</r>

If I went to my doctor and wished my healthy hand, leg or nose to be cut off, what would the reaction be? Now if I said I wanted a healthy penis or pair of breasts cut off so my body now matches my brain, that's classed as ok? See how messed up things are!
How do you change your signature?

Gliderman

On facebook a few years ago there was a thing "man gives birth".

My response was no, a woman undergoing gender reassignment gave birth.

I'm not against people having sex changes, but lets be honest only women can give birth to children. If they wish to undergo a sex reassignment, fair enough. But whilst they have their womb, they're female.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

If I'm allowed to put my Two Penn'orth in. I don't set out to offend, i keep out of this transgender subject, bar for one view; I hope modern science can one day develop an oral or injection cure to align people's brains with the contents of their underwear. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are two sexes and gender is just a play on words.

Or the other way round - realign the contents of their underwear with their brains. A lot of transgender / questioning people would welcome that.

johnofgwent

There are two sexes and gender is just a play on words.

I'll drink to that.

Actually I'll settle for "be at peace with" in place of "aligned with".

And yes, I'll reiterate what I said earlier. I was a biologist before i became an engineer. Apart from a tiny number of unfortunate souls with one of a set of desperately unfortunate medical conditions, there are but two genders, and no amount of chainsaw wielding or needlework can change which one you arrived in this world as.