Huge amounts of Lithium found in Cornwall

Started by Sheepy, August 12, 2021, 12:02:00 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 01:27:34 PM
I stated nothing of the kind, as yet none has been produced and the estimated 4000 tonnes a year is well short of the 59000 tonnes a year the two proposed UK battery factories will need.

The article makes that point itself. Unlike you, however, it does state quite rightly that the current monopoly supply of lithium to the battery industry is in Chinese hands, and this would be a welcome, and healthy alternative source for SOME of that.

Those of us less indoctrinated in the cult of electrification know that in reality until the issue of recycling the black mass inside a lithium ion battery is resolved, the current rush to EV is merely setting China up to rule the world the way we allowed Sheik Yamani to screw us in the seventies, and that the real future is in hydrogen.

We may have to use the fusion properties to deal with China's ravenous appetite for world domination first though ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 06:29:30 PM
Cornish people agree with me so I have nothing to apologise to them for.
Do they? I think you might be finding out differently in the near future, I hear on the grapevine a lot of them are very upset about how you have tried to make out you represent them.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 12, 2021, 06:16:44 PM
Mmmmm well not before he apologises to the Cornish. But then apparently, he doesn't have to come out.

Cornish people agree with me so I have nothing to apologise to them for.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 12, 2021, 05:50:41 PM
Don't worry, I don't think Sheepy was really expecting an apology. Perhaps you'll just bow out of the thread, like you do when successfully challenged.
Mmmmm well not before he apologises to the Cornish. But then apparently, he doesn't have to come out.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 12, 2021, 05:50:41 PM
Don't worry, I don't think Sheepy was really expecting an apology. Perhaps you'll just bow out of the thread, like you do when successfully challenged.

It is me who should have an apology.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 12, 2021, 05:40:44 PM
You actually posted:
https://pol-tics.com/covid-19/21/will-you-wear-a-face-mask-beyond-21-june/3170/msg65603#msg65603
... and even if lithium is found in Cornwall the battery factory will not be built in Cornwall, it will be in Northumberland.
Which I would have thought is something of the kind. You could apologise that you had forgotten.

I haven't forgotten anything.
That has precisely zero to do with the method of extraction and no battery factory is going to be built in Cornwall.
As yet there is no mention of a lithium processing plant either.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 01:27:34 PM
I stated nothing of the kind, as yet none has been produced and the estimated 4000 tonnes a year is well short of the 59000 tonnes a year the two proposed UK battery factories will need.
You actually posted:
https://pol-tics.com/covid-19/21/will-you-wear-a-face-mask-beyond-21-june/3170/msg65603#msg65603
... and even if lithium is found in Cornwall the battery factory will not be built in Cornwall, it will be in Northumberland.
Which I would have thought is something of the kind. You could apologise that you had forgotten.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 02:16:42 PM
No I didn't you started the thread about Cornish lithium and no lithium ore mining will take place in Cornwall.
Frankly you should give me an apology.
Frankly you are a proper can't, you have tried to down the Cornish fishermen over Brexit and laughing at them struggling, you have tried to stop the rest of Cornwall earning a living from tourism and now you don't want Lithium mining or otherwise giving them a survival lifeline. So I just as well call you what you are for them. As they are obviously too polite.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 12, 2021, 02:07:25 PM
No you didn't you tried to make out ore mining Lithium was not possible

No I didn't you started the thread about Cornish lithium and no lithium ore mining will take place in Cornwall.
Frankly you should give me an apology.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 02:02:07 PM
Caw Blimey  it isn't  that kind of mining going to be used in Cornwall.  I have just referenced to the method that will be used here.
Frankly you are too thick and perverse to try and debate with.
No you didn't you tried to make out ore mining Lithium was not possible and then changed tactics on us, we are still digging and if it is there, we will find it. Which will only be future proofing Cornwall which will be to the advantage of the Cornish, which you seem to have a real aversion with, as you seem to spend the best part of your time calling them hopeless cases and revelling in their demise.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 12, 2021, 01:54:58 PM
Do you now, well as you said it isn't that kind of mining and as usual get yourself all caught out.

FFS it isn't  that kind of mining going to be used in Cornwall.  I have just referenced to the method that will be used here.
Frankly you are too thick and perverse to try and debate with.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 01:50:04 PM
Sheepy when you know zero about a subject and compound that with personal insults I suggest you shut up.
The Lithium in Cornwall will NOT be mined in the conventional way.

There is a graphic here simple enough for you to understand:-

https://cornishlithium.com/projects/lithium-in-geothermal-waters/direct-lithium-extraction/
Do you now, well as you said it isn't that kind of mining and as usual get yourself all caught out. Lithium can be ore mined if there is enough of it.So cut out you will feck up the rest of the Cornish people given half a chance.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 12, 2021, 01:40:15 PM
Don't talk cobblers Lithium can be extracted via ore mining. Ask the Australians.

Sheepy when you know zero about a subject and compound that with personal insults I suggest you shut up.
The Lithium in Cornwall will NOT be mined in the conventional way.

There is a graphic here simple enough for you to understand:-

https://cornishlithium.com/projects/lithium-in-geothermal-waters/direct-lithium-extraction/

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2021, 01:36:21 PM
It won't be dug out it isn't that kind of mining. (There is also plenty of funding for the project.)
Don't talk cobblers Lithium can be extracted via ore mining. Ask the Australians.