Mental health coming home to roost or murder

Started by Barry, August 13, 2021, 11:34:57 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 13, 2021, 05:25:06 PM
The Incontinent Aged and Steradent Appreciation Society?

Maybe, but where I am all the pubs and restaurants are running normally. I haven't been to  the movies for a bit, but the only concern that the local theatres have is getting bums on seats.

You can't help it with the insults. They are a broad spectrum of humanity and occupations.

None of the pubs and restaurants where I live are running normally, staff shortages, supply problems, and to protect what staff they have got mask wearing rules are being applied.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 13, 2021, 05:50:12 PM
You somehow think that is OK. What would you have said to that 2 years ago? You'd have said it wasn't possible.

I wrote what wasn't possible two years ago?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2021, 04:09:26 PM
You need to widen your circle. I have three events to go to booked. No entry at all for young people. No entry unless you are double jabbed and have had a negative Covid test within 36 hours of arrival.
You somehow think that is OK. What would you have said to that 2 years ago? You'd have said it wasn't possible. Affected? You bet!

And in Kidderminster a West Mercia police officer and little girl found dead in a house.
Add it to the very long list.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2021, 05:02:23 PM
Their social life is going to be restricted. The events I go to have  people from a very wide range of backgrounds and occupations.

The Incontinent Aged and Steradent Appreciation Society?

Maybe, but where I am all the pubs and restaurants are running normally. I haven't been to  the movies for a bit, but the only concern that the local theatres have is getting bums on seats.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2021, 01:58:42 PM
Not only is that hyperbole it is inaccurate. The Chief Constable has requested that people do not speculate on social media.

Oh, so it IS Islamic terrorism then.

Because that's the ONLY reason a chief constable ever utters those words, and they utter them because the cover the F@@@ it up brigade have not got the cover story in place yet.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 13, 2021, 04:18:29 PM
Maybe Smurphy, but then as I know a large mix of people from many different backgrounds,

Their social life is going to be restricted. The events I go to have  people from a very wide range of backgrounds and occupations.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2021, 04:09:26 PM
You need to widen your circle. I have three events to go to booked. No entry at all for young people. No entry unless you are double jabbed and have had a negative Covid test within 36 hours of arrival.

Maybe Smurphy, but then as I know a large mix of people from many different backgrounds, they are all saying the same thing, which is they all feel affected in one way or another, Mrs Bucket said it's alright for me as I carried on regardless but then I am British, keep calm and carry on and all that. I also guess you didn't think about what you were writing before you wrote it either, you have been affected by it and don't know it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 13, 2021, 04:04:55 PM
Well, I decided to hold a poll amongst a few people,

Sheepy

Well, I decided to hold a poll amongst a few people, the outcome being, not one person feels unaffected by the media and political campaign to force people into isolation and the constant psychological battering, so at a guess we will be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing which no doubt the media will be having a field day. As though they have played no part in it.

Sheepy

Online extremism apparently, you couldn't make that one up!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/priti-patel-pledges-online-extremism-crackdown-after-devastating-plymouth-shooting/ar-AANhgQN?ocid=msedgntp
Not only that, he has had his youtube account suspended for offline activity which is against their rules.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on August 13, 2021, 01:58:42 PM
Not only is that hyperbole it is inaccurate. The Chief Constable has requested that people do not speculate on social media.
::) ::)
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 13, 2021, 11:34:57 AM
That is even before a person in Plymouth, once clean shaven, now destitute and can't afford razor blades, goes postal and shoots everyone in sight.