Mental health coming home to roost or murder

Started by Barry, August 13, 2021, 11:34:57 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 03:03:46 PM
I do plan to complain to the Chief Constable and the Police and Crime Commissioner.
I have never has access to a firearm capable of breaking the armoured glass in the office window at Chequers from the only place there is a clear shot from outside of the perimeter. (In fact such a firearm has only recently been produced.)

Also there would not be enough prison space for those who did a feasibility exercise to off Thatcher.

Oh that's OK then  ??? ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 14, 2021, 03:13:55 PM

I suppose I would if it happened in Gwent, but I'd be wasting my time.

I'd be quite unhappy if the hardware I worked on didn't vapourise the window....

I expect several of the late Dr. Sidney Alford's inventions are capable of doing that. (Very cheaply as well.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 03:03:46 PM
I do plan to complain to the Chief Constable and the Police and Crime Commissioner.

I have never has access to a firearm capable of breaking the armoured glass in the office window at Chequers from the only place there is a clear shot from outside of the perimeter. (In fact such a firearm has only recently been produced.)

I suppose I would if it happened in Gwent, but I'd be wasting my time.

I'd be quite unhappy if the hardware I worked on didn't vapourise the window....

[/quote]
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 14, 2021, 02:55:16 PM
So you plan to complain about this guy having a gun licence returned to him?

Remind us all,you over several forums openly admitted to planning to assassinate a serving prime minster.....one Margaret Hilda Thatcher,and you were allowed a gun licence......OK!  and just to reiterate you plan to complain about this bloke having one?

Shakes head

Also there would not be enough prison space for those who did a feasibility exercise to off Thatcher.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 02:07:27 PM
I am afraid Tory austerity and cuts were going to bite them on the backside eventually, now the emergent properties are converging.
I sold my last shotgun years ago when I could no longer afford to go clay pigeon shooting, and I did not renew my certificate when it lapsed.
So you plan to complain about this guy having a gun licence returned to him?

Remind us all,you over several forums openly admitted to planning to assassinate a serving prime minster.....one Margaret Hilda Thatcher,and you were allowed a gun licence......OK!  and just to reiterate you plan to complain about this bloke having one?

Shakes head
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2021, 01:30:33 PM
I thought we were going to have a rant about the police, just goes to show all roads lead to the Tory party. You don't still have a gun license, do you? shows what I know, feck all and happy as a pig in
scheiße.

I am afraid Tory austerity and cuts were going to bite them on the backside eventually, now the emergent properties are converging.
I sold my last shotgun years ago when I could no longer afford to go clay pigeon shooting, and I did not renew my certificate when it lapsed.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 12:57:11 PM
The problem is the Tories defunded the police and cut police numbers that did that back just after May 2010.
Where I live there are teenagers who don't know what a police officer looks like, or a police car.

There are teenagers where you live ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 01:20:07 PM
Suicides and mental health problems historically increase during Tory times in government.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2817-right-wing-governments-increase-suicide-rates/

18 September 2002
By Andy Coghlan

Right-wing governments may sap some people's will to live and result in more suicides, conclude studies in Britain and Australia.

The researchers speculate that losers are more likely to kill themselves in the individualistic, "winner-takes-all" societies favoured by right wing governments, because they are left to fend for themselves. Wide disparities in wealth also sharpen any sense of hopelessness, the researchers argue.

"If you fail under that ideology, it would accentuate your feelings of failure," says Mary Shaw, whose team at the University of Bristol analysed suicide trends in England and Wales over the past century.

Left wing governments tend to be more "inclusive" and community based, she says, decreasing the isolation felt by people down on their luck. Shaw's team calculates that over the past century, 35,000 extra suicides occurred when the Tories were in power.

I thought we were going to have a rant about the police, just goes to show all roads lead to the Tory party. You don't still have a gun license, do you? shows what I know, feck all and happy as a pig in
scheiße.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2021, 01:04:33 PM
No doubt Smurphy, Barry did say mental health was coming home to roost.

Suicides and mental health problems historically increase during Tory times in government.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2817-right-wing-governments-increase-suicide-rates/

18 September 2002
By Andy Coghlan

Right-wing governments may sap some people's will to live and result in more suicides, conclude studies in Britain and Australia.

The researchers speculate that losers are more likely to kill themselves in the individualistic, "winner-takes-all" societies favoured by right wing governments, because they are left to fend for themselves. Wide disparities in wealth also sharpen any sense of hopelessness, the researchers argue.

"If you fail under that ideology, it would accentuate your feelings of failure," says Mary Shaw, whose team at the University of Bristol analysed suicide trends in England and Wales over the past century.

Left wing governments tend to be more "inclusive" and community based, she says, decreasing the isolation felt by people down on their luck. Shaw's team calculates that over the past century, 35,000 extra suicides occurred when the Tories were in power.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 12:57:11 PMThe problem is the Tories
No doubt Smurphy, Barry did say mental health was coming home to roost.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2021, 12:52:18 PM
Well, I guess we should all agree then, they need investigating, how about we just defund them anyway? Saves a lot of dancing around the Maypole.

The problem is the Tories defunded the police and cut police numbers that did that back just after May 2010.
Where I live there are teenagers who don't know what a police officer looks like, or a police car.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2021, 12:09:08 PM
It transpires Jake Davison had had his firearm confiscated and his certificate revoked in December 2020, (that news only just become available, BBC update just now,)  however they were reinstated in last month.  Devon and Cornwall police are now being investigated about it.
Well, I guess we should all agree then, they need investigating, how about we just defund them anyway? Saves a lot of dancing around the Maypole.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 14, 2021, 11:53:42 AM
Used to try that line when I was younger. Only worked sometimes but enough nice girls took pity on me to make it worthwhile. :) :)

LOL you sly old fox!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2021, 09:12:20 AM
So how is that the Chief Constables fault?

It transpires Jake Davison had had his firearm confiscated and his certificate revoked in December 2020, (that news only just become available, BBC update just now,)  however they were reinstated in last month.  Devon and Cornwall police are now being investigated about it.