Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 07:14:40 PMthe fact of the matter is this is a global PR disaster of historic magnitude for america , and to a lesser  extent its lapdogs , i havent seen in my lifetime.

I suppose the only comparable event was Vietnam. This is worse because in reality, the US didn't really have a serious rival to take over its place back then. Now it has.

Anyway, that's in your lifetime. Ask Borchester and he'll probably be able to remember the Alamo or the fecking Boston tea party  :D :D :D

Thomas

Good old boris and the tories ...... :D

More than a third of UK births now involve at least one foreign-born parent; in parts of London, 80 per cent of births are to foreign--born mothers.'

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/would-you-want-london-to-be-overrun-with-americans-like-me
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 30, 2021, 05:36:35 PM
There is a story doing the rounds in various none western media sources, that a large number of the civilian casualties attributed to the suicide bombing at the airport were actually caused by US troops opening fire on the crowd in the aftermath. I am also aware that up to thirty Taliban fighters were also killed in the blast.
I have no idea if the story about the US troops opening fire is true, but given how they have reacted in not dissimilar circumstances, it is certainly credible.

Im not sure of the truth of the ins and outs of whats going on  ,on the ground over there sampan , as like you and everyone else im hearing third hand reports.

Whatever the truth of each individual incident , and i have no reason to doubt what you are saying , the fact of the matter is this is a global PR disaster of historic magnitude for america , and to a lesser  extent its lapdogs , i havent seen in my lifetime.

Whatever clown advised sleepy joe to go ahead with this in this fashion and that the fall out would soon die down with minimal political damage must be some sort of complete muppet.

Im reading comments like this on social media from americans...

Biden is in the driving seat, and he's weak and feeble. He's an old school politician, doing what old-school politicians do'

Rich Valdes, US radio host, says Biden is 'in way over his head'

Thats just one of the many comments.

British military as well as some of the more reasoned politicians are gnashing their teeth in fury at the humiliation , and to be honest , johnson is merely coming out of this looking like a total bawbag as per normal.

You have to question the political system in both the uk and the USA that has two absolute clowns like biden and johnson running the show as many people are saying time and again. The west is looking terribly weak , and its worrying how a US president , leader of the most powerfull nation on this earth , with all the wealth and resources at their disposal , can make such a severe misjudgement of such magnitude.

# edit to add. The opposition doesnt look much better than sleepy joe and bumbling boris to be honest.

Keir starmer is an absolute walking vacumn of a man , who has by and large hardly been heard from through all this  which is the worrying thing .

Sampanviking

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 04:13:07 PM
The holier than thou Andrew neil not happy about it...

Andrew Neil
@afneil
Horrendous — US drone strike targeting Islamic State killed 10 civilians in Kabul, including several small children, family members say. Dead all from a single extended family, getting out of a car in their driveway when the strike hit a nearby vehicle.

There is a story doing the rounds in various none western media sources, that a large number of the civilian casualties attributed to the suicide bombing at the airport were actually caused by US troops opening fire on the crowd in the aftermath. I am also aware that up to thirty Taliban fighters were also killed in the blast.
I have no idea if the story about the US troops opening fire is true, but given how they have reacted in not dissimilar circumstances, it is certainly credible.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 04:44:16 PM
Well actually Thomas I posted that link way back in post #31 and forgot as you did whether you'd posted the iwo jima piss take so perhaps we're both a bit senile.

In another post you mentioned mental gymnastics,in your last reply to me you have twisted,turned and distorted much of what I said......still you are adept and I'm sure were it a recognised olympic sport you'd be a surefire gold medal winner. :P

You and i both know what was posted when where why and how.

All my points still stand , and even more so is your prime minister becoming a bigger fecking laughing stock , much to the massive unease coming thorugh from the party faithfull at his ever growing incompetence.

Still you excuse him and absolve him all you like , remain silent and hopefull , but do me a favour cromwell , just make sure you vote him back in again in 2024.

pretty please cromwell. :D

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 09:56:21 AM
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what they are actually doing, but it seems nobody has a clue, except they don't drive lorries or pick fruit and veg.They cannot be nurses and doctors either, as we always have a shortage.

Well they not working on building sites either so you can add that to lorry drivers and Brussel pullers .

cromwell

Well actually Thomas I posted that link way back in post #31 and forgot as you did whether you'd posted the iwo jima piss take so perhaps we're both a bit senile.

In another post you mentioned mental gymnastics,in your last reply to me you have twisted,turned and distorted much of what I said......still you are adept and I'm sure were it a recognised olympic sport you'd be a surefire gold medal winner. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 03:53:41 PMWell that's great Thomas but I've never said Johnson be absolved.
Absolved probably isn't the best thing, bypassed and ignored is probably more in order, as he is as lame as the rest of the Westminster party. After all what would be the point of turning up if you will be on the next flight back anyway.
The Westminster party will turn up and take the full credit once it is all sorted for them anyway.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Spend twenty years training an army up , spending trillions in the process , and the first sign of trouble they throw weapons down and turn coat or run away.

So what does the uk conservative government propose?

QuoteAfghan commandos could form new regiment in British army

Chairman of the Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee Tom Tugendhat said the personnel should be welcomed into the Army

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/afghan-commandos-could-form-new-regiment-in-british-army/121794

Bet some of the english regiments who have lost battalions under tory cutbacks are chuffed to feck.

What a bunch in government this actually is. :D

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 30, 2021, 03:30:36 PMWhat up to twenty million starving under the US Installed puppet regime?
I don't think he thought that one through, but then thinking isn't his greatest forte.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 04:14:10 PM
Well typically Thomas you take a section out of context,

No sheepy was clearly talking about immigration and you were trying to deflect and waffle onto something else , but whatever the context , clearly you were trying to absolve johnson despite claiming not to.
and I said the number of interpreters were 2500 to 3000,

No you didnt. I mentioned the number 5500 afghans , and this is what you replied..

QuoteWell the interpreters are real IMO and I gave you a link to their numbers.

Again , a vague comment to give the impression the 5500 were all interpreters.Just your ususal run of the mill dishonest debating as we all have come to expect.
the link provided

i know what the link said. It only took you about four times of me asking before you found a link , any link , in your desperate scramble to supply some sort of figure .
that was up to2014 so ther were probably a few more

No .The uk had already evacuated 2200 before all this , and many more thosuands have rocked up on dover beach as sheepwash said.

Quotealso if we take responsibility for their families too that would increase the number.

ahh.The infamous families too. Migration watch are saying half the 5.7 million non eu migrants are using that old excuse as well.  :D

The average afghan has an immediate family of 8 on  including himself in total , and that isnt including distant relations , or mustapha the goatherd who looks after the flock for them.

Dress them all up in a sad face and cromwell will be crying his eyes out for them. :D

Meanwhile still not one word of dissent about boris johnsons governments mass immigration.

Yet cromwell voted to end it in 2016. ::) ??? Chicken

Thomas

Howling someone has a sense of humour in all this....

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 03:58:40 PM
are you going senile?

Here we go again you said this...

sheepy makes a post about immigration which you reply to with the above, if thats not trying to absolve johnson in clear english then feck know what is.

you did , while ignoring the fact a large part of the 5500 arent interpreters , so what are you talking about?
Well typically Thomas you take a section out of context,the point was Boris isn't solely to blame and I said the number of interpreters were 2500 to 3000, the link provided gave the exact figure as "2,850 worked as interpreters and translators for British forces on the frontline" that was up to2014 so ther were probably a few more  also if we take responsibility for their families too that would increase the number.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

The holier than thou Andrew neil not happy about it...

Andrew Neil
@afneil
Horrendous — US drone strike targeting Islamic State killed 10 civilians in Kabul, including several small children, family members say. Dead all from a single extended family, getting out of a car in their driveway when the strike hit a nearby vehicle.

Thomas

While we are being told to have a heart , we must protect the poor afghans , i see major general hank taylor of the US forces is defending America causing casualties among the civilian population as collateral damage.

'US forces retain the inherent right of self defence and are authorised to meet threats with a swift and forceful response.'

Maj. Gen. William 'Hank' Taylor says the US are 'aware of reports of civilian casualties' following an unmanned strike on an ISIS-K target.