Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 06:53:54 PM
Because they will be murdered by the nutters.

The Gurkhas did a job got paid why are they our responsibility,bloody hell Nick have you no bloody humanity or is everything down to profit and loss.

You'd have had a starring role in a Dickens novel.......as a villain :P :P

The whole country was put in a decent position, troops paid and trained, they just legged it at the first sign of trouble. I could have some sympathy if they given it a go.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9286/

From that link
Quote2,850 worked as interpreters and translators for British forces on the frontline, largely in Helmand province.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 17, 2021, 10:23:57 PM
You're having a laugh, surely.
Do you think there was no crossover?
Well not laughing at all especially at the thought of people being murdered.....the number of interpreters working with UK forces estimated between 2,500 and just over 3000 so I don't know where you get your figures from.

Those working for the Yanks are their responsibility.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 10:04:59 PM
Our obligation is solely to those who worked with UK forces.
You're having a laugh, surely.
Do you think there was no crossover?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 17, 2021, 10:10:18 PM
Ahh right, you mean where I present facts and video testimony from the regions
Well you call them facts,others may consider it PRC propaganda.

Quoteand you regurgitate the Sun.

OK please present one quote as evidence that I rely on the Sun.........it might take a while to produce,I can wait a year or more.......more being the likely.

QuoteI think Thomas got it right yesterday, that despite your protestations to the contrary, you do swallow and repeat the MSM guff without much in the way of critical thought.
Do I? well perhaps you best present certain evidence without relying on Thomas eh!

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 10:00:55 PM
Yes you have........ a point I made about the never ending propaganda.

Ahh right, you mean where I present facts and video testimony from the regions and you regurgitate the Sun.
Maybe it is me, not realising that building infrastructure, giving education, and presenting opportunites, is in fact genocide, while, bombing flat, gunning down all that moves and torturing those that survive is in fact promoting freedom and democracy.

I think Thomas got it right yesterday, that despite your protestations to the contrary, you do swallow and repeat the MSM guff without much in the way of critical thought.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 17, 2021, 10:03:36 PM
I understand there could be nearly 20,000 of them that translated English/American.
Best keep those planeloads going then. The Yanks got got their dogs out already.
Our obligation is solely to those who worked with UK forces.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 02:42:15 PM
Those interpreters who worked with our forces we have an obligation to.
I understand there could be nearly 20,000 of them that translated English/American.
Best keep those planeloads going then. The Yanks got got their dogs out already.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 17, 2021, 09:55:37 PM
That's a cop out. I have talked about Xinjiang and Hong Kong at very great length. You don't seem even to want to consider that some people trying to get out have been involved, with out collusion, in less than savoury activities.
Yes you have........ a point I made about the never ending propaganda.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 09:50:18 PM
Well I suppose the answer best given is I will give it all the consideration you do regarding the evidence presented regarding the treatment of the ughyur population and others deemed dissident in China and Hong Kong.

That's a cop out. I have talked about Xinjiang and Hong Kong at very great length. You don't seem even to want to consider that some people trying to get out have been involved, with out collusion, in less than savoury activities.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 17, 2021, 09:37:43 PM
Evidence against Individuals is not my job and not my question.
My question is that do you think that those that enabled torture or "Enhanced Interrogations" to take place, because they were there to ask the questions and relay the answers, are deserving of UK protection.
You do understand that Interrogation was a very important function for the translators, don't you?
As to which ones they were, as opposed to those that simply helped little old ladies explain to troops that their pet cat was stuck up a tree, well I suggest that maybe those running the fastest to catch the Starlifters, had the most reason to want to get out.
Well I suppose the answer best given is I will give it all the consideration you do regarding the evidence presented regarding the treatment of the ughyur population and others deemed dissident in China and Hong Kong.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 09:31:28 PM
well your evidence against individuals is?

Evidence against Individuals is not my job and not my question.
My question is that do you think that those that enabled torture or "Enhanced Interrogations" to take place, because they were there to ask the questions and relay the answers, are deserving of UK protection.
You do understand that Interrogation was a very important function for the translators, don't you?
As to which ones they were, as opposed to those that simply helped little old ladies explain to troops that their pet cat was stuck up a tree, well I suggest that maybe those running the fastest to catch the Starlifters, had the most reason to want to get out.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 17, 2021, 09:12:34 PM
Out of interest, would you include the ones that had facilitated torture?
well your evidence against individuals is?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 02:42:15 PM
Those interpreters who worked with our forces we have an obligation to.

Out of interest, would you include the ones that had facilitated torture?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 17, 2021, 06:18:06 PM
Why do we? They did a job and got paid, why are they our responsibility?
Because they will be murdered by the nutters.

The Gurkhas did a job got paid why are they our responsibility,bloody hell Nick have you no bloody humanity or is everything down to profit and loss.

You'd have had a starring role in a Dickens novel.......as a villain :P :P