Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2021, 08:56:25 AM
I don't think a couple of thousand Afgan refugees will undermine the building trade in the same way that 2.4 million EU migrants did Thomas but I totally agree the Tories cannot be trusted or relied upon to halt mass immigration from wherever it comes .

The uk has a foreign born population of over 9 million people ,( up to 2020 ) and the majority of them are from outside the EU , some 5.7 million.

So the afghans as part of the wider non EU migration will definetly undermine the building trade far more than eu migrants did.

The tories have non EU migration through the roof , so in my opinion you are splitting hairs and ignoring  the vast majority of immigration as i said before mate because

1. its not european.

2. A sad puppy dog face has been put on non EU migration ( lets take a hit for the army) ie afghan "refugees" to justify it.

Your arguments just dont stack up mate. A migrant is a migrant with all the same problems you have largely argued over the years irresepctive of where  they come from and whatever puerile reasons the uk government can think up to justify it.

1. The foreign-born population of the UK was estimated to be 9.2 million in 2019/20 - 90% of whom were residing in England. Three to four million (38%) were born in the European Union (EU) and 5.7 million (just under two in three) had been born outside the EU
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 08:14:28 AM
perhaps i have mate, if so i apologise , but on this thread, my point remains to you that afghans are quite capable of undermining the building trade as cheap labour just as poles or romanians , and they all need housed , fed , nhs treatment  , roads to carry them etc etc just as east europeans do.

Mass immigration carries on , and its not the labour parties fault , wee nippy in scotland , drakeford in taffydom or the brussells mob , its all down pure and simple to the conservative london government.

Too early to tell yet the effects of brexit , but without a shadow of a doubt , the large plank of the 2016 argument for leaving over mass immigration has been a complete failure.

I don't think a couple of thousand Afgan refugees will undermine the building trade in the same way that 2.4 million EU migrants did Thomas but I totally agree the Tories cannot be trusted or relied upon to halt mass immigration from wherever it comes .

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2021, 08:10:27 AM
You must have missed my posts on the subject then Thomas , Maybe you dont know others views and opinions inside out after all  ;)

perhaps i have mate, if so i apologise , but on this thread, my point remains to you that afghans are quite capable of undermining the building trade as cheap labour just as poles or romanians , and they all need housed , fed , nhs treatment  , roads to carry them etc etc just as east europeans do.

Mass immigration carries on , and its not the labour parties fault , wee nippy in scotland , drakeford in taffydom or the brussells mob , its all down pure and simple to the conservative london government.

Too early to tell yet the effects of brexit , but without a shadow of a doubt , the large plank of the 2016 argument for leaving over mass immigration has been a complete failure.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2021, 06:33:51 PM

I dont think your views remain intact as i dont see one bit of criticism from you over mass immigration under the tories.( which is wider than just this particular issue )

You must have missed my posts on the subject then Thomas , Maybe you dont know others views and opinions inside out after all  ;)

Thomas

" a few uber drivers" lmfao. How out of touch can someone possibly be ? I fink borkie should put the torygraph down and open his eyes for a change.

Nearly six in ten of the public (57%) think there should be a reduction in immigration, according a new Deltapoll (see summary of results here).

Meanwhile, a recent YouGov survey suggested that just 9% of the public think immigration has been too low over the past decade. 

Between 4 and 7 June 2021, Deltapoll asked 1,500 respondents the question: "Do you believe the level of immigration into the UK should or should not be reduced?"

77% of 2019 Conservative voters wanted a reduction (compared with just 48% of Labour voters and 28% of Lib Dem voters), as did 72%of those in the constituencies that he Conservatives gained at the most recent General Election, including so-called 'Red Wall' seats in the North of England, the Midlands and Wales. Only 15% of respondents in those seats thought immigration should not be reduced

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/640/nearly-six-in-ten-want-a-reduction-in-immigration

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 29, 2021, 07:04:13 PM
Ah well, if thats all I'm guilty of. Tbh, it gets a bit tedious seeing the same posters writing the same things over and over again, but telling them to feck off never worked did it?  :D :D :D

fully agree deppity.

Thats the trouble on here now , those who still post know each others views and opinions inside out , and add that to the fact we arent attracting others with differing political views , it all leads to rather stale or virtually non existant debate.

Lets hope now the tories are starting to flounder in government we can see some more lefties and liberals like javert or sensitive steve come out the woodwork.

I even found myself agreeing with the quack on here the other day F F S  !!!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 29, 2021, 10:43:35 PM

Last swathes of the UK population are always alienated from the government. It is called democracy.

A few extra translators, uber drivers and dole bloggers won't make a lot of odds

You dont half talk some rubbish borkie you really do.

I dont think deppity was specifically criticising the current uk government , he was generalising , but when anyone does criticise your hopeless tory government you do as you have above and try and trivialise and mock what is being said.

Unfortunately for you , your attempt to dismiss current levels of mass tory immigration is falling on deaf ears.

7 out of 10 people think the uk tory government under johnson is doing a bad job over immigration , with levels of immigration at record levels .( that brexit was supposed to cure lol)

500 000 visas ( glasgow , the uk third biggest city , has a population of 600 000 for comparison) granted for work study or family reasons isnt "a few future uber drivers" in your typical blase understated manner. Bear in mind this is despite covid restrictions on travel.

QuoteHalf a million visa grants for work, study and family show that high immigration continues apace

Mass immigration is a heavy cost to the taxpayer and a threat to social cohesion

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/644/mass-immigration-is-a-heavy-cost-to-the-taxpayer-and-a-threat-to-social-cohesion

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 29, 2021, 07:19:35 PM
The western world is busy alienating large swathes of its population with an increasingly bitter and nasty "woke" agenda which is simply dividing us all more and more each day. I can't see how anyone would expect this to end well for the Western world.

Last swathes of the UK population are always alienated from the government. It is called democracy.

A few extra translators, uber drivers and dole bloggers won't make a lot of odds
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 29, 2021, 02:52:51 PM
The key quote in your post DD
Yes the basic fact that those values that the establishment tell us are "our values" are nothing of the sort. They are alien and frankly ridiculous, which is why an ever increasing number regard them and those which disseminate them, with nothing but total contempt. I certainly would not fight for the so called values of our establishment and would encourage all others not to do so either.

There's is a through the looking glass world through a badly warped mirror, brainwashed into us through a 24/7 spin cycle of media puff and pretension. Afghanistan has bleakly exposed the puff for what it is and just how insubstantial it is against hard reality.
A new spin cycle has already begun trying to rewrite history and blaming, of course, everybody else.

The western world is busy alienating large swathes of its population with an increasingly bitter and nasty "woke" agenda which is simply dividing us all more and more each day. I can't see how anyone would expect this to end well for the Western world.

Me? I've stopped caring. I've got enough issues to keep me going without borrowing anyone else's  :D :D :D

cromwell

Ah well, if thats all I'm guilty of. Tbh, it gets a bit tedious seeing the same posters writing the same things over and over again, but telling them to feck off never worked did it?  :D :D :D

Anyway, despite Borchester's musing to the contrary, I'm not actually supporting him, I'm kind of semi-retired myself now, involuntarily though I might add. Mrs Dawg said, well, why don't you start doing some stuff you actually like doing, instead of moaning all the time, you stupid auld ****? So anyway, in no particular order, I've given up smoking (4 months without a fag now), started running a bit (twice a week), and got back into fecking about with cars again. I've taken the engine out of the ST and started rebuilding it with new internals, and I've just bought another project car to work on. And of course, there are a few more trips to the pub  :P

So there it is. Haven't got time for the Cornwall Herald. Btw, feck off you hand wringing liberal tosser  :D :D :D
And BTW new Chatbox could be fun :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Anyway, despite Borchester's musing to the contrary, I'm not actually supporting him, I'm kind of semi-retired myself now, involuntarily though I might add. Mrs Dawg said, well, why don't you start doing some stuff you actually like doing, instead of moaning all the time, you stupid auld ****? So anyway, in no particular order, I've given up smoking (4 months without a fag now), started running a bit (twice a week), and got back into fecking about with cars again. I've taken the engine out of the ST and started rebuilding it with new internals, and I've just bought another project car to work on. And of course, there are a few more trips to the pub  :P

So there it is. Haven't got time for the Cornwall Herald. Btw, feck off you hand wringing liberal tosser  :D :D :D
Nazi :P :P ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on August 29, 2021, 01:33:46 PM
Nowt........well apart from being AWOL for long stretches :P

Thomas

and another take on it. Despite what wehave been told for twenty years , the british presence in afghanistan was really very small and unimportant , so nothing to see here move on....
The BBC exaggerates Britain's importance in Afghanistan

This week, the media pressure was on the British government to extend the deadline for the evacuations from Kabul airport. The government had no power to do this unilaterally: it duly asked the United States, and was duly turned down. The issue was almost beside the point. It is doubtful, given the burning desire of so many to leave the country, whether a few more days of rescue flights would have done much to shorten the suffering queue of hopefuls. Each day is dangerous, so more days are more dangerous. Preoccupation with extension deflected attention from the key point, which is that all evacuation planning assumed that Kabul and its airport would be controlled by the (now former) Afghan government, thereby ensuring an orderly exit. President Biden announced his end-date under that assumption, so he was trapped when the Taliban suddenly won. He remains so. The military question is: how do you collapse the perimeter without incurring casualties (military or civilian)? The political one is that power rests with the Taliban. If it assists the evacuation, and then kills those who remain, Nato will be seen to have encompassed those deaths. If it opposes it, there will be a terrible battle at the airport. That is why you suddenly hear western experts gabbling about the moderation of the Taliban and pretending they must be supported to ward off the danger of IS.

I often criticise the BBC for being anti-British, but in its reporting of the Afghan situation it is guilty of exaggerating the British role. In the story of modern Afghanistan, not only the United States, but also Pakistan, China, Russia and Iran matter more than we do. Except in the case of America, we learn little about these nations' roles. Time for some 'decolonisation'?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-bbc-exaggerates-britains-importance-in-afghanistan

Just heartily sick of listning to tory party apologists , ecpecially this incompetent feckin bunch of utter twats in power.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword certainly knew what he was talking about.......

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 29, 2021, 06:21:31 PM

What are /were we supposed to do , just leave them at the mercy (not seen much of that in the past ) of the Taliban ?

you already are leaving the vast majority to the mercy of the talban mate , so im not sure what you are on about. You evacuated a fraction , and even embassey staff allegedly according to reports left the fecking name of british collaborators for the taliban to find...

British embassy left details of Afghan staff for Taliban to find
While militants looked on, Anthony Loyd found startling paperwork abandoned by British officials in their retreat

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-embassy-left-details-of-afghan-staff-for-taliban-to-find-pr7vh5db0

The french began evacuating back in may this year , taking trump and bidens words to heart and doing something about it , and had finished by june 17 th while dozy boris was bumbling about like a feckwit and the british had barely evacuated many.( despite calls for evacuation to start immediately from 40 high ranking armed forces chiefs which ben wallace allegedly ingnored)

So all this violin playing trying to mask what is in effect a biiter humiliating defeat is a nonsense.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 29, 2021, 06:21:31 PM
My long held views remain intact Thomas . Maybe I just see the difference between economic mass migration and some asylum
cases .

So do i mate. We have discussed the vast majority of cases  over time that want to come here arent asylum cases  , they are economic migrants. you agreed with that  in the past  , and in this particular issue , cromwell and i discussed the afghans are supposedly being let in due to them working for the uk armed forces , but the gov own records show only a minority have in any meaningful way.

I dont think your views remain intact as i dont see one bit of criticism from you over mass immigration under the tories.( which is wider than just this particular issue )

It seems to be as long as the eu dont sanction the immigrants , and the tories incompetently do , then its all right as far as you are concerned. Silence is as good as approval.

QuoteI wouldnt entertain the former and any of the latter that arrive via the English Channel . The Afghanis who helped to initially drive the death cult that ruled their land into the hills  and found themselves thrown under the bus by various persons including  the Yanks and their own government have a case though IMO .
What are /were we supposed to do , just leave them at the mercy (not seen much of that in the past ) of the Taliban ?

Read back through the thread and we have discussed much of this if you can be bothered.

A new point i want to make though is the problem , long discussed , of islam.

Islamic immigration , especially staunch conservative islamd of the pashtuns , who make up half the afghan popualtion is a major problem for western nations.

Borkie assures me they are the workers of the future , with pushy mothers etc , and to an extent i agree withhim having grown up among the islamic communtiy in govan.

However ,what borkie isnt saying is that in many of our cities and regions , islam and its adherent arent being "absorbed" into western culture....they are growing parralel communities among us  , seperate from us.

Your stance appears to be mass immigration ( and all the excuses for it , have to help  , wars , famine and all the rest) is ok except when the EU force it on us.

Well that in itself is nonsense.

The same arugment s you have long made apply to an afghan as well as a bulgarian.

Sorry mate , but your stance and political view looks like mincement now under the tories. Your tory friends want to brick over london golf courses to house people from the third wolrd and thier alien religion of islam , which will not be absorbed into western christian countries , and all you brexiters can say is as long as the eu arent forcing it on us its all good.

madness.