Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 18, 2021, 09:31:48 AM
Make up your mind Smurphy either you want it to work for the sake of the Afghan people or you want them on boats in the channel, or planes at the airport. They are an Islamic country and Kabul is the capital, I don't see anyone with a problem saying any different with say Dubai.

My mind was made up about Afghanistan about six decades ago when I was aged 11 or 12. Britain should have kept out of the place back in 1826 and stayed out.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2021, 09:25:32 AM
That will not happen with the Taliban in charge. (Mind you it would not have happened with now gone government either which was riddled with corruption and with warlords in government.)
Make up your mind Smurphy either you want it to work for the sake of the Afghan people or you want them on boats in the channel, or planes at the airport. They are an Islamic country and Kabul is the capital, I don't see anyone with a problem saying any different with say Dubai.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 18, 2021, 09:20:30 AM
Who am I to begrudge the Afghans peace and prosperity in their own land?

That will not happen with the Taliban in charge. (Mind you it would not have happened with now gone government either which was riddled with corruption and with warlords in government.)

Sheepy

They already have the rights to mine the copper. Who am I to begrudge the Afghans peace and prosperity in their own land? 
I have no doubt the Neo Liberal media will be full of horror stories for the full fear factor it is how they work, a bunch of psychotics driven by psychology.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 06:42:58 AMWell there's no guarantee of anything is there?

We can guarantee it if we don't let any in.
Didn't we learn anything from Merkels 2 million Syrian refugees?
Women being raped by them, vans driven through crowds of people!!
This is one of the reasons for Brexit, so we can choose who we let in. And I choose no to this lot, cause they are complete unknowns and the security of the U.K. would be compromised.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 18, 2021, 08:48:06 AM

But i hadn't thought of the Chinese though... Is there any lithium in those hills the Americans seeded with so much depleted uranium ....

Apparently there is:-

https://www.mining.com/1-trillion-motherlode-of-lithium-and-gold-discovered-in-afghanistan/

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 17, 2021, 11:50:10 PM
The Yanks, Russians and British have all gotten their fingers burned and will have enough sense to steer clear. The Chinese however, have yet to learn that lesson ...
We got our fingers burned the first time when we were the superpower the yanks are today and the yanks were an upstart rebel colony ... And that lesson was not learned ...

But i hadn't thought of the Chinese though... Is there any lithium in those hills the Americans seeded with so much depleted uranium ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 10:04:59 PM
Our obligation is solely to those who worked with UK forces.

It is way, way too late for them.

A few days ago the BBC were asking if the Taliban had reformed.....

You can probably still see their page of rank snowflakery if you can stomach looking for it.

The reports of women being shot in the street for not wearing the clothing approved by the Religious Police are however all too believable.

The BBC stupidity hit a new high yesterday though.

Reporting on the plight of a man who fled Helmand with his family and has hidden out in Kabul since the British left,  the BBC say this man and his family were scheduled to be flown out in two days time, but wonder how he will get to the airport past the Taliban roadblock.

Let's just get a few things straight.

The outgoing Afghan Government capitulated and cooperated with the Taliban as the capital fell.

It is beyond certain this man, whose name, address and family details were in a list in afghan government hands, now lies dismembered along with the bodies of his sons in a Kabul gutter, while his wives and daughters currently pleasuring the new occupants of the capital's barracks will join him shortly; the Koran dictates that this is what is required.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 07:33:46 AM
Oh I don't know the French let you holiday over there,has anyone told them you planned to assassinate a British PM?

I go to Brittany not France, I would get a free drink from most Bretons if they knew. (I suspect a fair number of them would off Macron if they had the chance.)
I went to  musical evening in a restaurant out there a few years ago not realising there would be songs in many languages about revolution including:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqwy6ay1HQ

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2021, 07:12:23 AM
Another good argument for not letting them into Britain. Terrorists using refugees as a cover has a very long history.
Oh I don't know the French let you holiday over there,has anyone told them you planned to assassinate a British PM?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 12:15:52 AM
So who is going to sort out who is a refugee and who is a Taliban sympathisers?

Another good argument for not letting them into Britain. Terrorists using refugees as a cover has a very long history.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 12:15:52 AM
So who is going to sort out who is a refugee and who is a Taliban sympathisers? I'll guarantee you that some try to get in as per there grand statement... Might have been ISIS.
Well there's no guarantee of anything is there?
Would most people have voted Cameron in if they had known he'd run away when things didn't go his way or what a greedy grasping get he is,or Bliar with so many transgressions to list?

As said perhaps we shouldn't have gone there,so many military lives lost or changed forever....but we did go.

As a nation we need to have some values and as Borky said its the right thing to do.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 11:17:24 PM
Well regards the Afghan army you may have a point,there's also the elephant in the room as to why we were there in the first place.........however we were and at the behest of the yanks who IMO have behaved shabbily.

Interpreters are not Afghan army,our forces were put there and did the job asked and as an aside will probably find asking wtf it was all for.

Without those interpreters the forces job would've been made even more difficult we have an obligation to them as their lives are most definitely at risk they deserve our support.

So who is going to sort out who is a refugee and who is a Taliban sympathisers? I'll guarantee you that some try to get in as per there grand statement... Might have been ISIS.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 17, 2021, 11:17:24 PM

Interpreters are not Afghan army,our forces were put there and did the job asked and as an aside will probably find asking wtf it was all for.

Without those interpreters the forces job would've been made even more difficult we have an obligation to them as their lives are most definitely at risk they deserve our support.

True enough and it won't cost that much to provide for a few thousand Afghanis. So for once we can do the decent thing and on the cheap.

The real question has to be, which silly bugger is going to decide that Afghanistan is of vital importance and that it must be made part of the aforementioned silly buggers sphere of influence?

The Yanks, Russians and British have all gotten their fingers burned and will have enough sense to steer clear. The Chinese however, have yet to learn that lesson ...
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 17, 2021, 10:46:08 PM
The whole country was put in a decent position, troops paid and trained, they just legged it at the first sign of trouble. I could have some sympathy if they given it a go.
Well regards the Afghan army you may have a point,there's also the elephant in the room as to why we were there in the first place.........however we were and at the behest of the yanks who IMO have behaved shabbily.