Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 19, 2021, 01:00:01 PM
You really think it wouldn't occur to the taliban to say to a refugee do as we say or your mother,father,sister,brother or whoever dies?

No, but the Jewish were not German and most likely didn't voluntarily join the German ranks, rather under duress as described above.

In this situation they are all Afghans and as such REAL allegiances to the Taliban are infinitely more likely.

As we have just seen in this exchange, we just don't know so I say don't let them in. That way a repeat of the Arena bombing is less likely.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

That plane is just landing at BHX airport with around 240 passengers.
I bet they said "We are now entering British airspace".
And there was a cheer.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2021, 11:47:26 AM
Most likely they did it under duress, which means they are not sympathetic to the Nazi cause. Slightly different to being a sleeper soldier affiliated to the Taliban.
You really think it wouldn't occur to the taliban to say to a refugee do as we say or your mother,father,sister,brother or whoever dies?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on August 19, 2021, 11:55:06 AM
Thanks, Sheepbrain, don't mention it as I am sure you won't anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/civilian-charter-flight-from-kabul-arrives-at-a-midlands-airport/vi-AANuEGW?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Their subterfuge was rubbish on that video.
That was a Wamos Air A332 reg EC-NCK which flew from Dubai to Birmingham and is currently over the Saudi peninsula with another load due to arrive at 17:42 today.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2021, 12:46:50 AM
I can tell you I don't, I put my trust in the English Channel, the North Sea and border control.

I understand the context in which you say this, but at another level putting trust in any of these is pretty senseless right now with the French Navy being a "make them a rosbif's problem" and the RNLI operating a taxi service.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 19, 2021, 08:39:42 AMAnd btw you originally told me no Jew was affiliated to the nazis or a sympathiser so were proved wrong again.

Most likely they did it under duress, which means they are not sympathetic to the Nazi cause. Slightly different to being a sleeper soldier affiliated to the Taliban.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 10:38:31 PM
Thank you. You've just proved my point why they shouldn't be granted entry to the U.K., you never know which side they're on.

Going of members posts, I'm reasonably sure that I've probably travelled and worked in more countries in the world than most, including the Middle East. Excluding the Egyptians I've never had an issue anywhere and have no fight with any country but opening our doors to tens of thousands of unknowns is just plain foolish. And I suspect this is the governments concern and why they are dallying some what.
All I proved is that what if is a possibility,some where a security guard is betraying his country......oh bugger it already happened.

Somewhere a yank is selling his countries secrets,a Chinese his and a Russian also.

Somewhere right wing loons are planning terrorism in this country,left too and religious,what are you going to do Nick build a fortress and exclude everyone because of what if?

You'll live a lonely life.
And btw you originally told me no Jew was affiliated to the nazis or a sympathiser so were proved wrong again.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 12:27:38 PM
Well T00ts all I see is quite a few on here spouting I'm allright Jack,for the benefit it's not dewy eyed but a sense of not betraying those who worked for our service personell at great risk to themselves.

I'm "spouting" "it's far too late they're all dead already"

And I suspect whoever took over my dad's school pal Bernard's job after the Fred West Garden dig is going to be called, at some future date, to a sand dune to sift through the evidence and admit it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2021, 12:46:50 AM

So do I put you two down as theologians, putting your trust in upstairs??
I can tell you I don't, I put my trust in the English Channel, the North Sea and border control.

We tried the trust in borders but they made sure that was years wasted. Funny how we knew where Ghani was.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 18, 2021, 10:38:48 PM
I guess there are no guarantees Nick, but being eligible must say something.

Quote from: Borchester on August 19, 2021, 12:26:07 AM
I don't think they bothered a lot.

According to Dr Bryan Rigg in his book, "Hitler's Jewish Soldiers", the Fuhrer himself approved the appointment of 77 Jewish generals while tens of thousands of Jews fought for the Third Reich

So do I put you two down as theologians, putting your trust in upstairs??

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 10:25:16 PM
So did they whittle down these Jews who had a leaning to the 3rd Reich?

I don't think they bothered a lot.

According to Dr Bryan Rigg in his book, "Hitler's Jewish Soldiers", the Fuhrer himself approved the appointment of 77 Jewish generals while tens of thousands of Jews fought for the Third Reich
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 10:25:16 PM
So did they whittle down these Jews who had a leaning to the 3rd Reich?
How will we distinguish between good honest Afghans fleeing for their lives and Johnny Taliban gaining entry to blasphemy land without even a passport? I'm going to let you into a little secret now... keep it to your self but I'm a bit sceptical.
Are we going to tag them all and monitor their interactions with the likes of Choudary?
Any indiscretions should be met with a one way ticket to meet his 72 ale ashram.

I guess there are no guarantees Nick, but being eligible must say something.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 10:19:13 PM
You think?
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1996-12-24-mn-12209-story.html

Thank you. You've just proved my point why they shouldn't be granted entry to the U.K., you never know which side they're on.

Going of members posts, I'm reasonably sure that I've probably travelled and worked in more countries in the world than most, including the Middle East. Excluding the Egyptians I've never had an issue anywhere and have no fight with any country but opening our doors to tens of thousands of unknowns is just plain foolish. And I suspect this is the governments concern and why they are dallying some what.