Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 24, 2021, 11:45:56 AM
I think things will get a little more interesting next week

That's my dread that it will all kick off as troop finally withdraw. Quotes of Talibans threatening that they would kill but for the world watching. Goodness knows what they plan once 'occupation' as they call it ceases.

I am also fearful that they will attack as the forces leave just as a show of defiance. Is there only one airport in Afghanistan? Wouldn't it be possible to take planes out from other places?

johnofgwent

I think things will get a little more interesting next week
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 24, 2021, 09:59:50 AM
Hope we are getting it right:

We would like to say, they have finally noticed that the insane foreign policy that has ran rampant around the globe for generations which has ended up with the inevitable has finally woken them up, but I am not rushing to Ladbrokes to bet on it, for some reason. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on August 23, 2021, 01:54:04 PMlook after your borders show us how it is done.

Hope we are getting it right:

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/afghanistan-news-live-taliban-says-troops-staying-post-31-august-red-line-amid-gunfight-at-kabul-airport/ar-AANCc14?ocid=msedgntp
No worries we have our heads down getting on with it, not like some I could mention, roll on the 31st then and then look after your borders show us how it is done.

Barry

Wamos Air are still doing great business, currently over Heraklion and will arrive at BHX about 03:30 with another 237 pax.
They are almost getting as many in this way as the ones coming across in boats.  ;)
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Anyway, back to the job in hand, it is a real shit job, but somebody has to do it, or we will be back at square one if we don't have eyes in the back of our heads.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 21, 2021, 10:51:00 PM
The next 237 will arrive at Birmingham about 01:15 Sunday 22nd August -
Lots of people will be working all night.
I hear the troops are holding up and finding it a real tough ask, testing times for them especially.

Barry

The next 237 will arrive at Birmingham about 01:15 Sunday 22nd August -
Lots of people will be working all night.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

The Wamos Air plane EC-NCK arrive back in Dubai about half an hour ago. I'll let you know when the next 237 are about to land in England, and where. Surprising that they are not going to Glasgow airport after Krankie said how much she would be doing for Afghanis.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 21, 2021, 12:43:03 PM
A severely snipped quote, certainly. But I suggest it expresses a similar concern about national allegiance held by anti-semites around the globe.   

I suggest you mean German Jews were not supporters of Nazi populist and totalitarian politics. But, amid the West's general acceptance of creeping fascism, who knows...?

As mentioned before, a lot of Germans Jews loathed the Nazis, but saw themselves as loyal Germans first and thus ended up fighting in Hitler's armies. A point about Adolf was that he had never really been anywhere, with his trip to Paris in 1940 being his first real foreign holiday. So he was continually meeting with people, turning on the charm, winning their devotion, employing them and then discovering that they were Jewish.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 21, 2021, 12:43:03 PMNazi populist
LOL that amused me, calling the nearest thing in Europe to populism which is the Swiss system, seems to be going a little far calling them Nazis, the bankers might have hoarded a few treasures but bankers will be bankers.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2021, 11:49:25 PM
No, but the Jewish were not German ........
A severely snipped quote, certainly. But I suggest it expresses a similar concern about national allegiance held by anti-semites around the globe.   

I suggest you mean German Jews were not supporters of Nazi populist and totalitarian politics. But, amid the West's general acceptance of creeping fascism, who knows...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

I wouldn't hold your breath on this being the end of it, because for bypassing the Westminster party and their psychotic media, you will like the rest of us be facing their spite, which means they will use it as an excuse to flood the place even more than was necessary. Which will give you an inkling of just how spiteful they are.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2021, 11:49:25 PM
No, but the Jewish were not German and most likely didn't voluntarily join the German ranks, rather under duress as described above.

In this situation they are all Afghans and as such REAL allegiances to the Taliban are infinitely more likely.

As we have just seen in this exchange, we just don't know so I say don't let them in. That way a repeat of the Arena bombing is less likely.

Eh! There were no German Jews? Well hardly any by the time old Adolf had finished.
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/german-jews-during-the-holocaust
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?