Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 25, 2021, 11:03:49 AM
Yeah, but then the immigrants would end up living near you Pappy. And so where is the fun in that?
It is most unlikely they would end up living near me because Cornwall has a severe housing crisis, there is nowhere for the local people to live due to over tourism.

Just a sample:-
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/real-people-victims-cornwalls-crippling-5706267
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2021-07-09/a-perfect-storm-the-scale-of-cornwalls-housing-crisis
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 10:44:02 AM
I have making the same point for decades as well as often on this forum.
Near to where I live there is  disused quay where ships of up to 2000 tonnes used to load stone from the now disused quarry.
It still has a fully functioning crane, and illegal immigrants could be landed by the shipload and no-one would be any the wiser. (No Radar cover in the area.)

Yeah, but then the immigrants would end up living near you Pappy. And so where is the fun in that?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 25, 2021, 10:06:20 AM
his point that the channel is as leaky as a sieve in border terms despite govt announcements of action is undeniable.

I have making the same point for decades as well as often on this forum.
Near to where I live there is  disused quay where ships of up to 2000 tonnes used to load stone from the now disused quarry.
It still has a fully functioning crane, and illegal immigrants could be landed by the shipload and no-one would be any the wiser. (No Radar cover in the area.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 10:31:42 AM
The local news media and local press and even Malcolm Bell from Cornwall Tourism is starting to panic.
(I am surprised he has not been strung up by an angry mob.)

So that's a no then.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 25, 2021, 09:45:48 AM
Can you provide some credible evidence of this please?

The local news media and local press and even Malcolm Bell from Cornwall Tourism is starting to panic.
(I am surprised he has not been strung up by an angry mob.)

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 25, 2021, 09:50:19 AMHe has been telling me for years as i get older , i will turn conservative , and each year at every election i vote against them with the same fervour as i have for decades
Quote from: cromwell on August 25, 2021, 09:50:19 AM
Blimey you are in a combatative  mood,why is saying these people who worked for our armed forces should be sheltered  from reprisal salving people's consciences?

If you opposed the second Iraqi expedition and Afghanistan you have no conscience to salve but sheltering them is the right thing to do.

He is weakening.

Tommy is one of the younger members of the board, but the years are going by and he has come to the terrible realisation that his dreams of storming through the glens with a pair of Wee Krankie's knickers attached to a flaming saltire and rallying the clans are just that.

Next election he will look down the list and think well, as long as he keeps the poll tax down and the Irn Bru mines open, there is something to be said for Tommy Haddow. And he will vote accordingly.

But he won't admit it    :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on August 25, 2021, 08:37:24 AM
So far, the UK has flown out about 4000 people who are eligible or hold a British passport, which is a very small amount compared with say, the goatherders crossing the channel they know about in the last 6 months, now don't get me wrong I know they said the Titanic was unsinkable, but alas it was far from true.
The Wamos Air plane loaded up another lot this morning in Dubai and has laid a flight plan for Heathrow this time.
I shall watch it go over our house after 4pm today.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 09:20:24 AM
Goatherders would not be able to pay the £thousands the people traffickers charge.
What Sheepy is doing is engaging in a little poetic licence to illustrate his point.

You on the other hand engage in total denial of facts presented to you, his point that the channel is as leaky as a sieve in border terms despite govt announcements of action is undeniable.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 25, 2021, 09:57:34 AM
As well they might be.

Apparently the Afghanis are shit hot at growing desert grapes. Now as we all know, every other garden in the UK has a vine that produces sour grapes the size of gnat's crap and of use to neither man nor beast.

So if Johnny Afghan can produce a decent, outdoor grape then they will earn the admiration of the nation's gardeners and a sizeable chunk of its cash.
I really don't give a flying one Borchester, they have been falsely promising the British people for decades they would get it sorted, they are full of it, once the Taliban sort their own borders out it will alleviate some of the problem, in the meantime meeting those obligations given to a few Afghans are being met, because the government were bypassed because at the best of times, they are all hopeless cases.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on August 25, 2021, 09:11:15 AM
No, because I don't have any, but then they are obviously not brain surgeons or even fruit and veg pickers, so I assume in my own way they are goatherders dumb enough to believe that they are paying for a trip to paradise.

As well they might be.

Apparently the Afghanis are shit hot at growing desert grapes. Now as we all know, every other garden in the UK has a vine that produces sour grapes the size of gnat's crap and of use to neither man nor beast.

So if Johnny Afghan can produce a decent, outdoor grape then they will earn the admiration of the nation's gardeners and a sizeable chunk of its cash.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 25, 2021, 07:41:50 AM
Dont agree with your post. Not often i agree with the smurf , but he has a point .

The rhetoric by the media and those who lap up their rubbish seems to be "we must save these poor afghans who are our friends and allies from the taliban" , to help sooth the wests conscience over the carnage and humiliation they have caused in afghanistan over the last twenty years for practically zero reward.

This is laughable when you consider these same poor afghans were considered "collateral damage" in their thousands when america and its allies invaded and caused mayhem , death  and destruction twenty years ago and in much of the time since.

The rhetoric then was "so what if an ordinary afghan dies , he coud be a taliban supporter " etc.

As for your claim "britain" isnt full up , well that deserves a thread in itself .

Scotland is three fifths the size of england , with a fraction of the population , but large parts of scotland are not suitable for house building and infrastructure, with only twenty % of the land arable.

As john of gwent points out , it isnt just about cramming millions into an area the size of cornwall , which is similar to lothian.

You need the land to feed them , the ports and infrastructure to import the goods to sustain them , the reservoirs to quench their thirst , the jobs to give them a quality of life and the services like the nhs dentists etc to look after them .

We are currently told the uk government can't fund a reasonable pay rise for the massive pensioner popualtion , yet we seem to blindly go along with the govenment plan to annually increase the popualtion of the uk without thought of how we pay for them long term?( and if this is what brexit looks like , swapping fellow european immigrants for the dregs of the third world , then to hell with that!!!)

Same people who want to salve thier conscience are happy for the afghans to come to the uk are the same ones who are saying "as long as they arent being housed next to me" and sent to live in some shithole council estate in london or glasgow.

As for borkies never ending nuggets of conservative fantasy of middle class afghans coming here and turning into the next generation of tory voters , well , how i laugh.

He has been telling me for years as i get older , i will turn conservative , and each year at every election i vote against them with the same fervour as i have for decades. :D
Blimey you are in a combatative  mood,why is saying these people who worked for our armed forces should be sheltered  from reprisal salving people's consciences?

If you opposed the second Iraqi expedition and Afghanistan you have no conscience to salve but sheltering them is the right thing to do.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 08:06:03 AM
So you would wreck Cornwall as a policy? Frankly you are too late, thanks to the tourist industry who have come very close to putting the last nail Cornwall's coffin.

Can you provide some credible evidence of this please?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 25, 2021, 07:41:50 AM
Dont agree with your post. Not often i agree with the smurf , but he has a point .

The rhetoric by the media and those who lap up their rubbish seems to be "we must save these poor afghans who are our friends and allies from the taliban" , to help sooth the wests conscience over the carnage and humiliation they have caused in afghanistan over the last twenty years for practically zero reward.

This is laughable when you consider these same poor afghans were considered "collateral damage" in their thousands when america and its allies invaded and caused mayhem , death  and destruction twenty years ago and in much of the time since.

The rhetoric then was "so what if an ordinary afghan dies , he coud be a taliban supporter " etc.

As for your claim "britain" isnt full up , well that deserves a thread in itself .

Scotland is three fifths the size of england , with a fraction of the population , but large parts of scotland are not suitable for house building and infrastructure, with only twenty % of the land arable.

As john of gwent points out , it isnt just about cramming millions into an area the size of cornwall , which is similar to lothian.

You need the land to feed them , the ports and infrastructure to import the goods to sustain them , the reservoirs to quench their thirst , the jobs to give them a quality of life and the services like the nhs dentists etc to look after them .

We are currently told the uk government can't fund a reasonable pay rise for the massive pensioner popualtion , yet we seem to blindly go along with the govenment plan to annually increase the popualtion of the uk without thought of how we pay for them long term?( and if this is what brexit looks like , swapping fellow european immigrants for the dregs of the third world , then to hell with that!!!)

Same people who want to salve thier conscience are happy for the afghans to come to the uk are the same ones who are saying "as long as they arent being housed next to me" and sent to live in some shithole council estate in london or glasgow.

As for borkies never ending nuggets of conservative fantasy of middle class afghans coming here and turning into the next generation of tory voters , well , how i laugh.

He has been telling me for years as i get older , i will turn conservative , and each year at every election i vote against them with the same fervour as i have for decades. :D

The SNP are in charge in Scotland, so I have no idea why she needs to tell Boris, the SNP have been telling us for years they need to replace the Scots. So here is another chance.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nicola-sturgeon-urges-boris-johnson-to-resettle-e2-80-98substantially-e2-80-99-more-afghan-refugees/ar-AANHBIe?ocid=uxbndlbing

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 09:20:24 AM
Goatherders would not be able to pay the £thousands the people traffickers charge.
Goatherders end of.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 25, 2021, 09:11:15 AM
No, because I don't have any, but then they are obviously not brain surgeons or even fruit and veg pickers, so I assume in my own way they are goatherders dumb enough to believe that they are paying for a trip to paradise. Which when they are faced with a UK with services under pressure and no goats to herd, they get agitated with no goat curry for lunch and no goat herders hut to live in. Oh, I already know it doesn't fit with the media and Westminster propaganda machine, naughty me Smurphy, do have a good whine about it.