Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2021, 05:14:33 PM
And the suicide bombings have started. Many dead and reports of ISIS-K (?) fighters entering Kabul. ISIS don't like the Taliban.
The evacuation is now totally unsafe and the next few days are likely to be horrible.

Well done, Joe.
What's that an explosion? who would have thunk it?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

And the suicide bombings have started. Many dead and reports of ISIS-K (?) fighters entering Kabul. ISIS don't like the Taliban.
The evacuation is now totally unsafe and the next few days are likely to be horrible.

Well done, Joe.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 26, 2021, 11:31:41 AMAnd the first point of course, is that letting the immigrants in is, I have posted before, the honourable thing to do
We did the honourable thing and our bit is done, because we know the Westminster party and its media are far from honourable when it comes to them keeping their word, it isn't worth squat.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 26, 2021, 06:37:13 AM
If you say so borkie.

You tell me the latest swarm of migrants into the uk from places like afghanistan are the voting fodder of future tory governments , and john of gwent say labour.

Which is it?

I tell you borkie , looking at conservative southern England , and the labour party fly in the ointment that is the multi cultural paradise of your home city london , i think john of gwent has a point.

The second point Tommy, is that the immigrants will look for sympathetic politicians and will vote Labour accordingly. Then, after a bit and being immigrants and thus somewhat pushier and more energetic than the locals, they will think sod this for a game of soldiers, we got off our arses and made something of our lives, why are we working to keep a bunch dole bloggers sitting on theirs? And then they move to Witham and vote for Priti Patel.

A story to illustrate the point.

A few years back a mate, whose family had come over from Lithuania in a herring barrel as the saying went, got shit faced and decided to run through the family history. First of all we were driven to a building in Homerton which still bore the legend "For The Relief Of The Jewish Working Poor". They did not bugger around in those days. They set up food banks but if your feelings were hurt then tough tittie, you could do the other thing.  There then followed heart breaking tales of his grand dad taking a soup can to the kitchen and having half of it leak away because there was a hole in the bucket...

Cue Sea of Tears and similar schmultz...

Anyway, grand dad had worked in the rag trade and been a communist.

And then we drove off to Elstree where my mate desperately trying to sober up before he addressed the local Conservative party of which he was Secretary or some such.

And the first point of course, is that letting the immigrants in is, I have posted before, the honourable thing to do
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 26, 2021, 06:42:43 AM
Not got a lot of time to go into this in depththis morning cromwell , but a couple of points.

Of the 5000 or so afghans that have been evacuated , very few worked for the british armed forces.

Of the ones who did , what was their jobs? Water carrier or errand runner?

Final quick point , we are being told the welcome these "loyal" afghans and "shelter " them from reprisal.

Are these the same loyal afghans whom america and its underlings like the uk trained , gave trillions of dollars to and armed to the teeth only for them to turn coat and run at the first sign of trouble?

These loyal afghans , who we are expected to welcome into our communities and trust?

:D Honestly cromwell , i think you should stop voting for politicians mate and start voting for journalists.....they seem to do all you critical thinking for you.
I think you need to read what I post more,so these journalists they're the ones telling me Bliar should be listened to and his redemption is surely on the way (yep that point was made in the Torygraph amongst others) and how if we'd stayed in the eu none of this would've happened.

So from my posts you deduce I let them do my critical thinking,yeah that's right I love Saint Tone and yearn for the return of Brussels......

Give me a break Thomas I post what I think is right and if people assisted our forces in a conflict we shouldn't have been in and their lives are in danger then read my op where I said we should take the interpreters who worked for us solely,where did I say we should take all and sundry?

As far as the Afghan army turning and running well they were left without the benefit of the air cover afforded western forces is just a fact.

So to reiterate
I never supported the Afghan adventure
Nor the Bliar Bush Iraq mk2
The special relationship (that doesn't exist)
So you were saying :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 25, 2021, 09:50:19 AM
Blimey you are in a combatative  mood,why is saying these people who worked for our armed forces should be sheltered  from reprisal salving people's consciences?

If you opposed the second Iraqi expedition and Afghanistan you have no conscience to salve but sheltering them is the right thing to do.

Not got a lot of time to go into this in depththis morning cromwell , but a couple of points.

Of the 5000 or so afghans that have been evacuated , very few worked for the british armed forces.

Of the ones who did , what was their jobs? Water carrier or errand runner?

Final quick point , we are being told the welcome these "loyal" afghans and "shelter " them from reprisal.

Are these the same loyal afghans whom america and its underlings like the uk trained , gave trillions of dollars to and armed to the teeth only for them to turn coat and run at the first sign of trouble?

These loyal afghans , who we are expected to welcome into our communities and trust?

:D Honestly cromwell , i think you should stop voting for politicians mate and start voting for journalists.....they seem to do all you critical thinking for you.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 25, 2021, 10:17:15 AM
He is weakening.

If you say so borkie.

You tell me the latest swarm of migrants into the uk from places like afghanistan are the voting fodder of future tory governments , and john of gwent say labour.

Which is it?

I tell you borkie , looking at conservative southern England , and the labour party fly in the ointment that is the multi cultural paradise of your home city london , i think john of gwent has a point.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

There's now an Iberojet A330 joined the effort, reg EC-LXA, which I saw over Kent today on the flight path for Heathrow late afternoon. It had no destination set, then Heathrow came up, and it was at 7,000 feet approaching Heathrow when it was diverted to Birmingham. It has just switched on ready to go back to Dubai.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 11:44:01 AM
I already know what the huge numbers are direct from official data. The media/press are barely touching the subject.
I have never been that much of a one for official data as you call it, but go on I will buy it, which data?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 25, 2021, 11:36:28 AM
Wait until the media start throwing around huge numbers for Smurphy. He will have a seizure.

I already know what the huge numbers are direct from official data. The media/press are barely touching the subject.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 25, 2021, 11:03:49 AM
Yeah, but then the immigrants would end up living near you Pappy. And so where is the fun in that?
Wait until the media start throwing around huge numbers for Smurphy. He will have a seizure. They have realised we have completely bypassed them; they will be livid and Boris and their media have about as much clout as a broken cricket bat. I cannot see the Express doing a headline saying we are livid somehow.