Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 28, 2021, 04:10:53 PM
What are you on about,the coalition haven't beaten the Taliban and the Russians didn't beat their predecessors

Hang on . The allies beat the afghans and took control of afghanistan. The taliban fought a guerilla war against the invaders , after the conventional war was lost.

You english dont half move the goalposts when it suits.

You insinuate the taliban werent beaten because they carried on fighting a guerilla war  , yet during the second world war you accuse the french of being beaten by the germans  , call them surrender monkeys , yet rarely if ever mention thier guerilla warfare tactics against the germans?

So if you are saying the taliban werent beaten in afghanistan , are you now agreeing the french werent beaten in 1940 as they carried on resisting the germans too?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 28, 2021, 04:00:48 PM
Why is this a relevant point?

The afghans have been beaten in conventional wars on numerous occassions. Then yanks did it not long ago , the russians and british beofre them have all beaten them.

The point that is made time and again  , is you can beat them in war but cannot hold their country. So im not sure what you are getting at so perhaps you will spell out your point?
What are you on about,the coalition haven't beaten the Taliban and the Russians didn't beat their predecessors
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 28, 2021, 03:54:09 PM
Ain't there? well no surprise you dig out the old deflection,diversion blah blah,and then pull me on drive by which iirc was first used by DD as was diversion one of Ugandas favourites but no one has a copyright over them eh?

i have no idea what you re blabbering on about , but as i said , the relevant point i made can be found on pages 12 and 13 of this thread.

Run away onto other things if you like , but its all there in clear understandable english.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 27, 2021, 11:05:12 PM

Anyway did you manage to remember in which modern conventional war the Afghans were beaten

Why is this a relevant point?

The afghans have been beaten in conventional wars on numerous occassions. Then yanks did it not long ago , the russians and british beofre them have all beaten them.

The point that is made time and again  , is you can beat them in war but cannot hold their country. So im not sure what you are getting at so perhaps you will spell out your point?

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 27, 2021, 09:25:20 PM
Ive not read any of this thread so apologies if its moved on which it probably has .

The UK should always be a haven for genuine refugees and therefore 'full up' whether it is or not is no excuse to turn anyone away

We will always find room for the needy , the question as always is finding a system that identifies the genuine refugee and telling the chancers to feck off .

Well mate it all sounds good and very noble , but the large caveat in your final sentence is the problem most government have faced for decades and cannot deal with which is why immigration is such a toxic issue , and the voting public have now had enough of these noble comments which pass as feeble excuses from both labour and now tory.

Your two main parties are now joined at the hip in support of mass uncontrolled immigration. If we are going to have mass uncontrolled immigration , then i would personally rather it from our fellows in europe than the armpits of the world with their alien cultures and religions.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 27, 2021, 05:00:05 PM
Yes they did.

The middle classes did not trek the Oregon trail. When Brigham Young asked for settlers his followers walked to Utah pushing handcarts. They had plenty of pluck but as often as not their arses were handing out of their trousers.

borkie , it was middle and upper class european adventurers with their armies that set about colonising the new world. Once the colonies were set up  by them , the fledgling economies on the go , then......the lower classes flocked over to see if they could better their lives in the new world and escape from the old.

The founding fathers of america were all highly educated lawyers  or political activists like john adams , and the idea america was set up by anything resembling what is pouring out of modern afghanistan is laughable rubbish  that ranks alongside your other historical rubbish you like to punt.

They say shakespeare , your fellow countryman , could tell a tall tale or two but i tell you borkie you run him close.

I personally like the story of the father of the american navy , scotlands john paul jones from kircudbright. Another "educated " during the scottish enlightenment in his early years at the local parish school , he went on to join the americans in the war for independence and taught you british a thing or two about seafaring.

As i said borkie , all your historical revisionism aside , the voting public arent likely to forgive or forget mass immigration conservatives at the next election.

You sat back quietly while labour took Well deserved flak for their part in the mass immigration under blair and brown , you wont be sitting quietly trying to brush the tories part in it under the carpet or trying to sell some pig in a poke pro immigration stance at the next election.

A lot of high profile tories are sitting uneasily watching johnsons clownish approach to immigration and his daftarse sidekick priti patel , knowing fine well it isnt going down well with voters.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 28, 2021, 03:41:18 PM
i already did , page 12 of this thread and reiterated my point again and again on page 13 as you well know.

That you chose to ignore it and deflect onto anything and everything else is up to you cromwell. Certainly no surprises there for me.
Ain't there? well no surprise you dig out the old deflection,diversion blah blah,and then pull me on drive by which iirc was first used by DD as was diversion one of Ugandas favourites but no one has a copyright over them eh?

You then go on about don't give me the old Mod routine when you then lapse in to the "I'm all alone on here as the only Scots Indy poster when the reality is most posters have said you get the vote go for it Thomas.

And yeah we are here to debate and you are far from stupid but do like to bluff and bluster at times :P :P,so we don't agree on some things.....so what.

Anyway it looks like the Afghan adventure is over.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 27, 2021, 02:34:26 PM
So you've been in the garage and dug out your old diversion signs and can't dig a quote up where I said anything resembling your post.

i already did , page 12 of this thread and reiterated my point again and again on page 13 as you well know.

That you chose to ignore it and deflect onto anything and everything else is up to you cromwell. Certainly no surprises there for me.

Barry

This is a remarkable story of the escape of one of the people.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58345901
Well worth a read.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/britain-s-afghanistan-evacuation-mission-will-end-today-armed-forces-chief-says/ar-AANPQtL?ocid=msedgntp
The war is over, the evacuation will be finished today, time has run out, the Westminster party will be full of it whatever, happy ivory towers.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 27, 2021, 01:39:45 PM
exactly sampan. We have cromwell crying over the poor afghan children those nasty islamics have killed , borkie putting a brave face on another ten thousand shoplifters and crack dealers being welcomed into saddos paradise , while all ignoring the fact the british have killed more afghans than russia america the taliban or isis combined.
As for a lot of the rest of what you are saying , im not knowledgable enough to comment , but it will be interesting to see if the uighur story does disappear as you say.

Selective faux outrage when it suits , lapped up by all the ususal suspects thought the usual channels.
Have we Thomas? Then you'll be able to quote the post then won't you.....not.

Do stop posting things from your fevered imagination.

Anyway did you manage to remember in which modern conventional war the Afghans were beaten

Barry

I'm happy to have the Afghans who helped the allied effort, along with their families. However time has run out as security is non existent.
And now the RAF have accepted a load of animals, so we will end up with a load of Afghan hounds. You couldn't make it up. Prioritisation of the most needy?  Rant
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Ive not read any of this thread so apologies if its moved on which it probably has .

The UK should always be a haven for genuine refugees and therefore 'full up' whether it is or not is no excuse to turn anyone away

We will always find room for the needy , the question as always is finding a system that identifies the genuine refugee and telling the chancers to feck off . 

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 27, 2021, 05:00:05 PM
Yes they did.

The middle classes did not trek the Oregon trail. When Brigham Young asked for settlers his followers walked to Utah pushing handcarts. They had plenty of pluck but as often as not their arses were handing out of their trousers.

You were up against it today Borchester, some real political debate, for a change.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 27, 2021, 01:33:28 PM
No they didnt. More historical revisionism from borkie.

Yes they did.

Algerie Francais !