Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 30, 2021, 03:30:36 PM
What up to twenty million starving under the US Installed puppet regime?
But surely this was a government that personified all the virtues of Western Liberal Democracy come to save the benighted denizens of this nation.
How can it be possible that after 20 years of enlightened nation building there were twenty million close to starvation?
Surely you mean that a paradise on earth has been transformed to a train wreck by the Taliban in little more than a fortnight?

I wouldnt waste your breath sampan. This is a guy who claims to never read or listen to the uk media but can parrot their propaganda word for word .

In the wonderfull USA built paradise that was afghanistan prior to the western forces running away and the taliban taking over , why were so many millions of refugees desperate to leave this heaven on earth paradise for pakistan , neighbouring countries and of course the tens of thousands that came to europe?

You mean afghanistan wasnt the elysian fields of asia after twenty years of britain and america civilising them and showing them democracy and all the other western delights?

Feck me the plot thickens!!!! :)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 03:53:41 PM
Well that's great Thomas but I've never said Johnson be absolved.

are you going senile?

Here we go again you said this...

But it's all very well blaming Boris for this

sheepy makes a post about immigration which you reply to with the above, if thats not trying to absolve johnson in clear english then feck know what is.

QuoteWell the interpreters are real IMO and I gave you a link to their numbers.

you did , while ignoring the fact a large part of the 5500 arent interpreters , so what are you talking about?

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 03:48:43 PM
I dont think anyone is blaming boris johnson for the entire afghan debacle. We know its origins go way back 20 years or more , but certainly the current uk government has had its "moments" according to all reports in terms of the shambles of evacuation.

However , on the wider subject of immigration  , im not sure how you can absolve the current uk government of responsibility.

We were joined at the hip in blaming tony blair , as was streetwalker , john of gwent and many other old timers from our previous forum for the mass immigration that took place under the last labour government post 2004.

..and it was well deserved condemnation.

So why is johnson any different? The last few conservative governments have been elected on manifesto pledges to curb immigration. They havent done so breaking those pledges , and theresa may came in for massive criticism for it too. As did Cameron.

So why is johnson any different?

Arguably johnson has had even more power to control immigration than any pm mentioned above , and certainly over the last 9 months , and yet has completely failed to do so.

He and his government have been a disaster at immigration. You can't blame anyone else as i said for nearly 6 million non eu migrants except the uk government past and present.

The 5500 afghans , and the "excuses " real or imagined are merely the next thousands to add to the list of migration failure of the conservative governments since 2010 , and johnson has had more than enough time to do something about it.
Well that's great Thomas but I've never said Johnson be absolved.

Well the interpreters are real IMO and I gave you a link to their numbers.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 01:47:11 PM
Well I don't think many people are impressed Sheeps,even Borky who likes to give people a tug.

But it's all very well blaming Boris for this but like the Biden/Afghan issue this goes back a long way.
I remember travelling on the dover calais ferries back in the late 80's and 90's and nattering to some passport official,was one of the last off the boat a bag strap broke,and an illegal came in behind me no passport thrown it overboard half way here was a regular occurence.

I dont think anyone is blaming boris johnson for the entire afghan debacle. We know its origins go way back 20 years or more , but certainly the current uk government has had its "moments" according to all reports in terms of the shambles of evacuation.

However , on the wider subject of immigration  , im not sure how you can absolve the current uk government of responsibility.

We were joined at the hip in blaming tony blair , as was streetwalker , john of gwent and many other old timers from our previous forum for the mass immigration that took place under the last labour government post 2004.

..and it was well deserved condemnation.

So why is johnson any different? The last few conservative governments have been elected on manifesto pledges to curb immigration. They havent done so breaking those pledges , and theresa may came in for massive criticism for it too. As did Cameron.

So why is johnson any different?

Arguably johnson has had even more power to control immigration than any pm mentioned above , and certainly over the last 9 months , and yet has completely failed to do so.

He and his government have been a disaster at immigration. You cant blame anyone else as i said for nearly 6 million non eu migrants except the uk government past and present.

The 5500 afghans , and the "excuses " real or imagined are merely the next thousands to add to the list of migration failure of the conservative governments since 2010 , and johnson has had more than enough time to do something about it.

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on August 30, 2021, 03:22:07 PM
There were 20 million Afghans close to starvation before the Taliban took over, the Taliban can't run anything, they can't even control each other.

What up to twenty million starving under the US Installed puppet regime?
But surely this was a government that personified all the virtues of Western Liberal Democracy come to save the benighted denizens of this nation.
How can it be possible that after 20 years of enlightened nation building there were twenty million close to starvation?
Surely you mean that a paradise on earth has been transformed to a train wreck by the Taliban in little more than a fortnight?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 30, 2021, 01:28:59 PM
I have no doubt that the Taliban realise that people need to eat and that working for previous regime is not of itself a hanging offence and rather, that they will be keen to retain the services of many of these people, for their own administration.

There were 20 million Afghans close to starvation before the Taliban took over, the Taliban can't run anything, they can't even control each other.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 01:47:11 PM
Well I don't think many people are impressed Sheeps,even Borky who likes to give people a tug.

But it's all very well blaming Boris for this but like the Biden/Afghan issue this goes back a long way.
I remember travelling on the dover calais ferries back in the late 80's and 90's and nattering to some passport official,was one of the last off the boat a bag strap broke,and an illegal came in behind me no passport thrown it overboard half way here was a regular occurence.
Well, no so when the Taliban finally get some control over their borders and they have nothing to fear send them fecking back then pronto. In the meantime, accept that the Taliban control Afghanistan and working with them is a better option than working against them. The same with Lybia,Syria,Iraq, and probably half of the African continent they have made a pigs ear of trying to control.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 01:17:26 PM
but I certainly do have a problem with a bunch of goatherders who we owe naff all, crossing the channel every day in their hundreds and every other time it was tried it was called an invasion. I really don't care for Borchesters lame excuses either. 96% of all voters said they have had enough of it, while in the meantime it has gotten even worse, so Thomas has a real point. Which it seems nobody actually wants to deal with. Ms Patels few flights of fancy for the plebs just don't cut the mustard.

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 30, 2021, 01:28:59 PM
Well I am just going to have another stab at who the people desperate to get out, most likely are.
Despite the cartoonish tabloid caricature, I have no doubt that the Taliban realise that people need to eat and that working for previous regime is not of itself a hanging offence and rather, that they will be keen to retain the services of many of these people, for their own administration.

There will be others however, that they most definitely will have a beef with. I have already mentioned those translators that worked with foreign security and intelligence services to facilitate torture (sorry interrogation). Add to that the raft of informants and others that worked as activists in NED funded NGO's and I think you have the sorts now scrambling to get out. Not surprising that under the heart rending virtue signalling, the powers that be couldn't give a monkeys about actually trying to save them if they can't get to the Airport in time.

PS anybody see that photo of the Taliban trolling the US? a bunch of fighters dressed up in looted US uniforms and recreated the Iow Jima flag photo with the Taliban flag? If not I will try and find it.

saw it sampan , im prettysure i posted it on here

Sampanviking

Well I am just going to have another stab at who the people desperate to get out, most likely are.
Despite the cartoonish tabloid caricature, I have no doubt that the Taliban realise that people need to eat and that working for previous regime is not of itself a hanging offence and rather, that they will be keen to retain the services of many of these people, for their own administration.

There will be others however, that they most definitely will have a beef with. I have already mentioned those translators that worked with foreign security and intelligence services to facilitate torture (sorry interrogation). Add to that the raft of informants and others that worked as activists in NED funded NGO's and I think you have the sorts now scrambling to get out. Not surprising that under the heart rending virtue signalling, the powers that be couldn't give a monkeys about actually trying to save them if they can't get to the Airport in time.

PS anybody see that photo of the Taliban trolling the US? a bunch of fighters dressed up in looted US uniforms and recreated the Iow Jima flag photo with the Taliban flag? If not I will try and find it.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 01:09:01 PM
Yeah yawn and divert yourself.
old old argument,time to move on :P
Anyway, as I have said all along, I have no problem with people who we owed an obligation, even if it was through terribly bad political reasons in the first place, even though they milked that as well, but I certainly do have a problem with a bunch of goatherders who we owe naff all, crossing the channel every day in their hundreds and every other time it was tried it was called an invasion. I really don't care for Borchesters lame excuses either. 96% of all voters said they have had enough of it, while in the meantime it has gotten even worse, so Thomas has a real point. Which it seems nobody actually wants to deal with. Ms Patels few flights of fancy for the plebs just don't cut the mustard.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 01:09:01 PM

The point is well made , brexit was largely about stopping mass immigration and it hasnt happened , showing what a pile of piss brexit actually was from a migration point of view.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 01:06:41 PM
yawn more whataboutery red herrings and she said he said from you thoughout this thread because you can't deal with the eu migration bad non eu migration good argument.
old old argument,time to move on :P

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 12:51:38 PM
Fair enough,I thought you were having a dig.

Let's not start then you bring up Enoch again, look for the last time I said you sounded like him not were him
and what prompted it? this in post #238 on this thread
and straight in to my head popped "rivers of blood"
fecks sake I've been called a Nazi and all sorts over the years

yawn more whataboutery red herrings and she said he said from you thoughout this thread because you cant deal with the eu migration bad non eu migration good argument.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 12:29:52 PM
Lets not start cromwell. Im generalising about the silence coming from most brexiters over the mass non eu immigration ?
Fair enough,I thought you were having a dig.

Let's not start then you bring up Enoch again, look for the last time I said you sounded like him not were him
and what prompted it? this in post #238 on this thread

QuoteYou people are signing your own death warrants.
and straight in to my head popped "rivers of blood"
fecks sake I've been called a Nazi and all sorts over the years