Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 03, 2021, 11:22:19 AM
Anyway on the subject of controlling Immigration, how is this for a well thought through policy?

The UK and allies will not provide Famine relief aid directly to Afghanistan. We are however, negotiating with neighboring countries to set up facilities there!
Hands up all those who can see the potential pitfall with this plan?

Neighbouring countries are ??

If they're the other sect, they'll take the money and slaughter the refugees as heretics

If they're atheist they'll take the money and build gulags to make the refugees work to death

If they're one of the Stan's I have no idea about who giv s a F@@@
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 03, 2021, 01:07:28 PM
Maybe, but al least in Afghanistan they would not automatically become International Refugee/Migrants.
Seems you don't mind.

I can't say that I do.

I reckon 99% of refugees are economic migrants and the other 1% are probably lying

We have had a lot of folk on here rattling on about the shortage of cheap labour to run whatever has to be run. I imagine that the Afghanis will do until someone better turns up.
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borchester on September 03, 2021, 12:34:33 PM
You mean the neighbouring countries aid agencies will steal the famine relief funds as opposed to the Afghanis?

So no real change there.

Maybe, but al least in Afghanistan they would not automatically become International Refugee/Migrants.
Seems you don't mind.

Borchester

Anyway on the subject of controlling Immigration, how is this for a well thought through policy?

The UK and allies will not provide Famine relief aid directly to Afghanistan. We are however, negotiating with neighboring countries to set up facilities there!

You mean the neighbouring countries aid agencies will steal the famine relief funds as opposed to the Afghanis?

So no real change there.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Depends I suppose, whoever has their fingers in the cash for access English Channel debacle will be delighted, after all it has worked so well so far.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2021, 08:14:07 PM
So I said to Harold, just for once, keep your mouth shut and head down else one of them Frog/Norman or whatever they are archers will have your eye out. But did he take any notice? Did he bugger.

Yeah. I know. Great great great ......(and lots more) Grandaddy Henry's doing.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 30, 2021, 07:28:04 PM
I suppose the only comparable event was Vietnam. This is worse because in reality, the US didn't really have a serious rival to take over its place back then. Now it has.

Anyway, that's in your lifetime. Ask Borchester and he'll probably be able to remember the Alamo or the fecking Boston tea party  :D :D :D

So I said to Harold, just for once, keep your mouth shut and head down else one of them Frog/Norman or whatever they are archers will have your eye out. But did he take any notice? Did he bugger.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 07:16:53 PM
Good old boris and the tories ...... :D

More than a third of UK births now involve at least one foreign-born parent; in parts of London, 80 per cent of births are to foreign--born mothers.'

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/would-you-want-london-to-be-overrun-with-americans-like-me

To be fair, Boris has more kids than he can remember, so you can't say that he hasn't done his bit.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2021, 09:59:29 PM
I worked in Romania pre 2007, it was like living with the Amish people but a night on the lash and a meal cost about 2 Quid . Would love to know what it is now they have joined the 'Top Table'.

You was robbed  ;)

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 07:16:53 PM
Good old boris and the tories ...... :D

More than a third of UK births now involve at least one foreign-born parent; in parts of London, 80 per cent of births are to foreign--born mothers.'

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/would-you-want-london-to-be-overrun-with-americans-like-me

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2021, 04:44:48 PM
Well they not working on building sites either so you can add that to lorry drivers and Brussel pullers .
Mmmm well!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/cost-of-asylum-system-soars-42-to-1-4bn/ar-AANUWWV?ocid=msedgntp
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 12:28:01 PM
Anyone who has visited Eastern European countries before they became EU members knew all about that, yet they still took them in with open borders, even some southern EU countries were never much better, they somehow think the EU consists of a few Northern European countries, it is absolute bollox.

I worked in Romania pre 2007, it was like living with the Amish people but a night on the lash and a meal cost about 2 quid. Would love to know what it is now they have joined the 'Top Table'.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 07:36:00 PM
:D

Dont start him off. We will be getting told the old story of how he did a stint of guard duty in hong kong in the sixties befor going on to be a petrol pump attendant in the desert.
They don't like it up em!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 07:36:00 PM

Dont start him off. We will be getting told the old story of how he did a stint of guard duty in hong kong in the sixties befor going on to be a petrol pump attendant in the desert.

I know. The daft auld tw*t prob-ly means the 1860s too  :D :D :D

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 30, 2021, 07:28:04 PM
I suppose the only comparable event was Vietnam. This is worse because in reality, the US didn't really have a serious rival to take over its place back then. Now it has.

Anyway, that's in your lifetime. Ask Borchester and he'll probably be able to remember the Alamo or the fecking Boston tea party  :D :D :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!