Sunak is betraying us Brexiteers

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 18, 2021, 10:20:06 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 22, 2021, 11:47:12 PM
Why not?

He always has

yep thats the trouble with these lefty union types like pappy as they say.......to paraphrase , he always ends up running out of other peoples money.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on August 22, 2021, 07:27:00 AM
Only five years?  I know people who have not had  pay rise since 2008.

I know

I'm one of them

My 2008 salary took an eight grand kicking and stayed down at that level through three jobs for three lying bastard's and has only last year recovered to rise above the 2008 salary.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 22, 2021, 01:36:07 PM
I was not aware of that. Are you one of the three million self employed who has had no help at all from government during the pandemic?

Covid: Who are the workers 'excluded' from support?

Less than half of earnings from self-employment

Many of those without financial support fall between two schemes.

One of these groups is people who make less than half of their income from self-employment, meaning they are ineligible for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).

https://www.bbc.com/news/55733537

which is fair enough pappy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2021, 12:48:45 PM
Again you miss the irony of a post. I work for my self!!

I was not aware of that. Are you one of the three million self employed who has had no help at all from government during the pandemic?

Nick

Again you miss the irony of a post. I work for my self!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

longer than that.

In the labour parties last thirteen years in power , they massively increased the wealth of the top percentage while DECREASING the wealth of the bottom percentages , causing an increase in inequality.

The cost of living spiralled out of control , they failed to build houses ( thatcher built more than labour) they drove down pay for the lower paid , as farage said the much touted minimum wage became the maximum wage , and they massivley failed time and again to half child poverty .

2008 is a convenient fgure to cherry pick , but a lot of the problems we have today can be traced back to 1997.

Another new labour legacy was the fact out of the eu countires , tony blair and his labour party had the percentage of people on low incomes in these islands through the roof comparable to any other eu nation , with 2004 being a stand out year.

Inequality , wether in salaries , living standards or general incomes is a legacy the uk has had to live with as a result of tony blairs "fairer britain".

All you looney lefties can shout about is racism among the working class and brexit rather than the truth of the matter which doesnt suit your agenda.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2021, 12:12:32 AM
My salary hasn't budged in 5 years, my boss is a right bastard. 😂

I can send you a couple of empty bottles 😉.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 21, 2021, 10:56:41 PM
You're still working, so your pay has already gone up 8.8% on average. So you will be paying in extra taxes to cover it. If not send one of those bottles of Moet to Kent!  :P

My salary hasn't budged in 5 years, my boss is a right bastard. 😂

I can send you a couple of empty bottles 😉.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on August 21, 2021, 08:35:15 PM
I don't care. There is always a global crash. And if Barry is getting an 8.8% rise so should I

The 8% has come about because of furlough payment. Now that furlough is going, peoples wages are returning to the normal rate. This equates to an 8% rise in salaries but it's not real and you can't expect pensions to rise by that amount.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 08:28:33 PM
That's not fair and you know it. The triple lock wasn't designed to give a percentage rise after a global crash. People have to be pragmatic.
You're still working, so your pay has already gone up 8.8% on average. So you will be paying in extra taxes to cover it. If not send one of those bottles of Moet to Kent!  :P
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 21, 2021, 08:35:15 PM
I don't care. There is always a global crash. And if Barry is getting an 8.8% rise so should I

We will see how pragmatic people are at the next election when stood at the ballot box casting their votes.

I think the tories would be wise to pay up now , or they will pay later. People dont like promises not being kept , so feck pragmatism.

You only need to look at labour to see where pissing on your voting bases back gets you.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 08:28:33 PM
That's not fair and you know it. The triple lock wasn't designed to give a percentage rise after a global crash. People have to be pragmatic.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 21, 2021, 05:05:51 PM
Like I said - 8.8% please Rishi. No prevarication!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 04:52:54 PM
Well you have a kindly forgiving nature borkie , but if the tories piss off the rest of the less than forgiving pensioners , they could be in trouble.

Well Tommy, as I have always said, us oldies are greedy, self centred old bastards so I will be the first to agree with you  :)
Algerie Francais !