Boris to blame?

Started by cromwell, August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 11:58:36 PM
Britain could hold the Taliban without the US quite easily but Biden has made a big mistake and cooked his goose over this. He has revealed himself (maybe) to be the senile buffoon he advertised himself as.

Really ? How ?

Anyway...

https://www.voanews.com/us-afghanistan-troop-withdrawal/taliban-violently-disperse-protest-after-vowing-no-retribution

Reading the FULL text of that will educate you with a quote from the head of a relief agency saying Afghanistan faces a disaster caused by shortage of food, shortage of rain, and the Chinese Pox that endangers the lives of fourteen million.

In another thread on here someone claimed the population of this sand - strewn shithole was 31 million.

Looks to me grounding our relief efforts will significantly whittle down the numbers .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 19, 2021, 04:41:53 AM
Boris is a headless chicken spreading panic, the Taliban have set out their stall so why should the rest of us spread panic amongst the Afghans, it doesn't help them in the bigger picture, the media are going to spread enough of it anyway, but on the whole things seem fairly calm.
I don't agree Sheeps,British security and military chiefs are fearful the yanks will pull the plug at the airport without much warning.

We really do need to be looking elsewhere for our security,we don't and have never had a special relationship....we've danced to their tune when required.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 19, 2021, 07:32:01 AM

I respect the proffesionalsm of our armed forces but there is absolutely no way we have the resources to achieve what you say.

Quite. Plus  Britain just does not have an equivalent of the Fairchild A10C ground attack aircraft.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Britain could hold the Taliban without the US quite easily but Biden has made a big mistake and cooked his goose over this. He has revealed himself (maybe) to be the senile buffoon he advertised himself as.
I don't believe you mean this and if you do please demonstrate exactly how,bloody hell smurfy has got it in one where's the air cover?

I respect the proffesionalsm of our armed forces but there is absolutely no way we have the resources to achieve what you say.

papasmurf

Britain could hold the Taliban without the US quite easily

Really? The British armed services have been cut to ribbons since may 2010. Where would the air cover needed be based? (Where would the air cover come from?)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Boris is a headless chicken spreading panic, the Taliban have set out their stall so why should the rest of us spread panic amongst the Afghans, it doesn't help them in the bigger picture, the media are going to spread enough of it anyway, but on the whole things seem fairly calm.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM
I think not,watching proceedings in the HoC show the opportunists,those out for blood or revenge.

Boris may not be the ideal but he is right it is delusional to think this country could do anything once the yanks ran away.

Any guilt for this lies in the past leaders and the lesson we didn't learn not to blindly follow Washington.

There is a lesson though and hopefully learned we can't rely on the yanks,I have no regrets on leaving the eu but Europe and nato must prepare to plan for their own security and defence.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

I think not,watching proceedings in the HoC show the opportunists,those out for blood or revenge.

Boris may not be the ideal but he is right it is delusional to think this country could do anything once the yanks ran away.

Any guilt for this lies in the past leaders and the lesson we didn't learn not to blindly follow Washington.

There is a lesson though and hopefully learned we can't rely on the yanks,I have no regrets on leaving the eu but Europe and nato must prepare to plan for their own security and defence.