Boris to blame?

Started by cromwell, August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 03:09:52 PM
Well don't panic because super hornets are flying high level altitude support. The Taliban are doing crowd control and it saves the Yanks getting out the tear gas again today. For any more updates you need to speak to General Smurf.
No I'll find my own sources thanks very much and why would I panic I ain't in Kabul.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 11:39:21 AM
Well it's that quiet and the use of subterfuge that the yanks have just loudly announced they are ferrying people in to the airport from a hotel 250 yards away by helicopter to avoid the religious nutters who are firing shots in to the air and beating people.
Well don't panic because super hornets are flying high level altitude support. The Taliban are doing crowd control and it saves the Yanks getting out the tear gas again today. For any more updates you need to speak to General Smurf.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 21, 2021, 02:43:16 PM
One British soldier is easily worth twenty Taliban.

Not when they are trapped with no air-cover. (Especially now the Taliban are tooled up with the America weaponry kindly left them by the now disappeared Afghan army.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2021, 07:02:11 AM
Really? The British armed services have been cut to ribbons since may 2010. Where would the air cover needed be based? (Where would the air cover come from?)

One British soldier is easily worth twenty Taliban.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 21, 2021, 01:18:59 PM
Won't any fighting around and over the airport automatically close it down for evacuation?   

It's not like the Taliban are like old-style Afghan tribesmen with home-made weapons — they've now got all the weaponry supplied to the Afghan military by the US...

Precisely. It is a very dangerous situation.

patman post

Won't any fighting around and over the airport automatically close it down for evacuation?   

It's not like the Taliban are like old-style Afghan tribesmen with home-made weapons — they've now got all the weaponry supplied to the Afghan military by the US...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 11:44:06 AM
Stop talking nonsense. The U.K. don't use Tank Busters, and we have 80,000 army personnel.

No nonsense involved, the A10C is not just a tank buster. As for the 80000 personnel, they are not in Afghanistan, and they are not all front line troops.
The Taliban are now in possession of, since the Afghan army disappeared and left behind a massive amount of materiél including armoured vehicles and all the digital biometric records of any Afghans who worked for or cooperated with the American and the British.
Kabul airport could be overrun at any time with no nearby aircover available for British troops.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 21, 2021, 11:11:08 AM
So what.  Where are the British troops going to come from and where will the air-cover for them be based.
(Plus what air cover. Britain does not possess any Fairchild A10C ground attack aircraft.)
These are not trick questions. Since the Tories cut the armed services to ribbons there is close to bugger all left.
You think British troops on their own can be used to control that airport in Afghanistan is frankly ludicrous. Especially with particularly murderous elements of the Taliban in close proximity to that airport who are not under the control of the Taliban leadership.
I have no desire to see British squaddies murdered by the Taliban.
I am being realistic, frankly you are not.

Stop talking nonsense. The U.K. don't use Tank Busters, and we have 80,000 army personnel.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2021, 11:32:50 AM
Surely everything that our forces might or might not be doing in Afghanistan is going to be kept quiet for everyone's safety sake. The Taliban are evidently trying to keep more in than letting them go, it will be up to subterfuge to get around them. My hope is that we have sufficient quiet crack teams who may be able to go where others cannot reach.
Well it's that quiet and the use of subterfuge that the yanks have just loudly announced they are ferrying people in to the airport from a hotel 250 yards away by helicopter to avoid the religious nutters who are firing shots in to the air and beating people.

T00ts

Surely everything that our forces might or might not be doing in Afghanistan is going to be kept quiet for everyone's safety sake. The Taliban are evidently trying to keep more in than letting them go, it will be up to subterfuge to get around them. My hope is that we have sufficient quiet crack teams who may be able to go where others cannot reach.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 21, 2021, 11:11:08 AMEspecially with particularly murderous elements of the Taliban in close proximity to that airport who are not under the control of the Taliban leadership.
The British and American troops are doing their job they are trained to do in the middle of a crisis which is none of their making, sit down Jones for feck sake and let them get on with it in the time they have.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 10:27:22 AM
Well I am ex AirForce and have seen Airports controlled by the British all over the world.

So what.  Where are the British troops going to come from and where will the air-cover for them be based.
(Plus what air cover. Britain does not possess any Fairchild A10C ground attack aircraft.)
These are not trick questions. Since the Tories cut the armed services to ribbons there is close to bugger all left.
You think British troops on their own can be used to control that airport in Afghanistan is frankly ludicrous. Especially with particularly murderous elements of the Taliban in close proximity to that airport who are not under the control of the Taliban leadership.
I am being realistic, frankly you are not.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 10:47:58 AM
Hang on Nick air cover is important for ground forces but you can't hold an airport without sufficient ground forces,we don't have the means to supply all we'd need for both air and ground forces,moreover we certainly don't have the political will either.

Sadly there wasn't the political will all those years ago to tell Bush to sod off.......we have that detestable creature Bliar to thank for that.
I often get one of those feelings that when Daddy Bush said and his cohorts in the UK government that they would have a NWO, I really don't think they had thought it through at all.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 10:27:22 AM
Well I am ex AirForce and have seen Airports controlled by the British all over the world. Why you think it laughable that we can't control Kabul airport is a mystery, especially when we have 160 odd Typhoons !!
Hang on Nick air cover is important for ground forces but you can't hold an airport without sufficient ground forces,we don't have the means to supply all we'd need for both air and ground forces,moreover we certainly don't have the political will either.

Sadly there wasn't the political will all those years ago to tell Bush to sod off.......we have that detestable creature Bliar to thank for that.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 21, 2021, 08:56:38 AM
Only the cadets at Grammar School. I do however know a number of serving and ex-squaddies some of whom have bits of their body missing/mental health problems caused by active service. (Mainly in Afghanistan.)
I will be seeing most of them next weekend.

Well I am ex AirForce and have seen Airports controlled by the British all over the world. Why you think it laughable that we can't control Kabul airport is a mystery, especially when we have 160 odd Typhoons !!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.