Boris to blame?

Started by cromwell, August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 05:56:10 PM
Borkie , half the uk public think labour should change leader to have a chance in 2024 , and even 48 % of labour supporters think starmer should go.

I fink the snp and everyone else outside the labour party love starmer. The longer he stays at the helm of labour  , and annouces his adoration of blair , the better.

Never have i seen a labour leader as loathed as keir starmer is , even wurzel had his moments before it all fell in on him.

If you took Labour to the vets he would put them down, that's how sick they are. Changing the meds (leader) isn't going to change that. What they need is a regeneration on the scale of Dr Who.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 09:00:58 PM
allah be praised sheep. Peace be upon you and your fifteen wives.
LOL he did get a telling off and he shed a few tears though. ::)

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 08:39:28 PM
borkie , i think the chinese are taking the "trade dont invade " route.

As for the taliban talk about top level trolling....

Taliban Soldiers in American Gear Recreate WWII Iwo Jima Flag Shot

The Taliban is rubbing America's nose in the mess left behind in Afghanistan -- and they're doing so with a massive troll move ... recreating an iconic war photo, for their own purposes.

A Taliban military unit that calls themselves the Badri 313 Battalion put out a ton of propaganda footage this week -- showing a bunch of these guys rocking what appears to be American uniforms and gear left behind in the chaos from the past few weeks.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/21/taliban-soldiers-american-uniforms-recreate-wwii-iwo-jima-flag-photo/

Talk about taking the piss.

That reminds me of the German businessman a good while ago (pre gorbachev) who wanted a visa to visit the soviet union.

When asked if he'd visited the soviet union previously he replied....Yes

Business or pleasure......bit of both

When was this?......1941! :o

iirc he didn't get the visa :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 08:52:25 PM
Mmmm well I guess that are certain things many will never know.

allah be praised sheep. Peace be upon you and your fifteen wives.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 07:56:54 PMMores the pity.
Mmmm well I guess that are certain things many will never know.

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 21, 2021, 08:32:44 PM
True, but I think that it is racing certainty that when Xi Jinping finally ODs on steamed buns and decides that China must invade Afghanistan to protect the birds' nest soup mines, Sam will salute that as a wise and proper move on fattie's part.

borkie , i think the chinese are taking the "trade dont invade " route.

As for the taliban talk about top level trolling....

Taliban Soldiers in American Gear Recreate WWII Iwo Jima Flag Shot

The Taliban is rubbing America's nose in the mess left behind in Afghanistan -- and they're doing so with a massive troll move ... recreating an iconic war photo, for their own purposes.

A Taliban military unit that calls themselves the Badri 313 Battalion put out a ton of propaganda footage this week -- showing a bunch of these guys rocking what appears to be American uniforms and gear left behind in the chaos from the past few weeks.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/21/taliban-soldiers-american-uniforms-recreate-wwii-iwo-jima-flag-photo/

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 08:01:26 PM
Good post sampan and i fully agree with it.

True, but I think that it is racing certainty that when Xi Jinping finally ODs on steamed buns and decides that China must invade Afghanistan to protect the birds' nest soup mines, Sam will salute that as a wise and proper move on fattie's part.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 21, 2021, 06:42:03 PM
The only word I think of to describe the Parliamentary debate and the attitude of the Political Class in this country is Delusional.
I beggars belief that the so called leaders of this country can indulge is such utter fantasy.
The Puff, Spin and empty PR of the West has just come into contact with hard reality in Afghanistan, where is evaporated into the ether from which it was constructed.

Listening to talk of taking over the mission and going back in, is more comical than anything else.
A grand plan, hatched in the 90's, by the yanks, at the height of the unipolar moment, has failed dramatically and come to nothing.
Those that still think they can cling to the tatters need to be sectioned.

Good post sampan and i fully agree with it.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 07:35:52 PM

Nobody is going round to round up Blair or Bush. As much as they deserve it.

Mores the pity.

Still , we have to thank tony for the mess he left behind at labour so his legacy isnt all bad.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 07:25:06 PM
Really well excuse me Sheeps but I was saying Bliar and Bush were lying T**** back then so it isn't the benefit of hindsight.
No need to excuse you, you don't think the troops facing it all with grabbing an odd hour's sleep ain't feeling the emotional pressure?
Nobody is going round to round up Blair or Bush. As much as they deserve it.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 07:20:21 PM
But it isn't and welcome to the reality of it.
Really well excuse me Sheeps but I was saying Bliar and Bush were lying twats back then so it isn't the benefit of hindsight.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 06:56:56 PMIf only we hadn't had this bullshit just maybe things would've been different
But it isn't and welcome to the reality of it.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 04:38:07 PM
The yanks didn't pull the plug as such they said they were leaving and left the country in the hands of a well-armed and trained forces, that decided they weren't going to put up any real resistance to the Taliban, so I guess those said forces had decided the Taliban were the better choice with their new found worldly view. Which it seems Boris and all his security services didn't have a clue about or the Americans for that matter, although all the signs had been around for a while, maybe they needed a few more meetings. But I am told Boris is finally catching on.
Well supplied with equipment,well trained? You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear and the Afghan proxy govt that fell was an artificial construct.

As far as the security services I think you'll find weren't that far behind the game,you can't legislate for a T@@@ like Biden,the British servicemen out there (and TBF some other nations) are doing a job in their usual proffessional way.

Perhaps if the air cover had been maintained the Afghan army might've lasted longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oc2n7Db0mw&t=86s

If only we hadn't had this bullshit just maybe things would've been different

https://youtu.be/5BIW6qyrdu4