Boris to blame?

Started by cromwell, August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on August 22, 2021, 12:18:06 PM
Good thing he took the time to air his grievances with you Borchester after all he must think you would be concerned for him.

It is my white hair and kindly smile Sheep. People get the mistaken impression that I give a F@@@.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 22, 2021, 11:46:35 AM

Somehow i dont think boris and wee nippy offering to take in tens of thousands of afghans with little or no ID while simultaneously telling uk folk they need covid passports to get into the pub isnt really going to go down well.

Somehow i dont think boris and wee nippy offering to take in tens of thousands of afghans with little or no ID while simultaneously telling uk folk they need covid passports to get into the pub isnt really going to go down well.[/quote]

Probably not Tommy, but I dare say that both will survive. I don't understand Ms Sturgeon's obsession with being right on, which is the sort of thing a lass should have gotten over by the time she is out of her teens. And Boris really wants to rule the world and be loved, which seems to be an attempt to square the circle. Still, the alternatives to both seem pretty unappealing so I imagine the dynamic duo will survive.

Buggered if I know what will happen to pensions. The best I can think up is that technology will advance to such an extent that everything will cost sod all and...

I get a bit lost after that, but I am fairly upbeat. I suppose that I should brush up on economics but it is such an arse numbingly dull subject.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 22, 2021, 11:34:02 AM
Just had a delivery from the supermarket and that sounded like the driver. He said that we were too soft on immigrants, Britain for the British, the country was being over run by foreign free loaders etc etc.

The driver was Jamaican.

In about ten years the Afghan refugees will have settled into jobs as uber drivers and delivering for Morrisons and will be telling me that the country is full up, we can't take anymore Martians etc etc. :) :)
Good thing he took the time to air his grievances with you Borchester after all he must think you would be concerned for him.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 22, 2021, 11:34:02 AM
Just had a delivery from the supermarket and that sounded like the driver. He said that we were too soft on immigrants, Britain for the British, the country was being over run by foreign free loaders etc etc.

The driver was Jamaican.

In about ten years the Afghan refugees will have settled into jobs as uber drivers and delivering for Morrisons and will be telling me that the country is full up, we can't take anymore Martians etc etc. :) :)

The thing is borkie , this policy of an ever increasing working age popualtion ( fuelled by migrants as the woman folk no longer want 15 kids) to pay for an ever increasing pension age population will only go so far. Its a short term solution to a long term problem , and eventually you are going to run out of people.

Somehow i dont think boris and wee nippy offering to take in tens of thousands of afghans with little or no ID while simultaneously telling uk folk they need covid passports to get into the pub isnt really going to go down well.

I've Worked with Refugees for Decades. Europe's Afghan Crime Wave Is Mind-Boggling.

Afghans stand out among the refugees committing crimes in Austria and elsewhere. Why?

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/ive-worked-refugees-decades-europes-afghan-crime-wave-mind-21506
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

The driver was Jamaican.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 11:30:31 PM
And as expected within that article the first murmurs  of why surrounding all this debacle that brexit was a grave error,a murmur that'll turn in to crescendo.

let them cromwell. This blaming the worlds ills....real or perceived , on brexit , is fast becoming counter productive and being seen more and more as a joke.

What im seeing is less and less people are actually listening to them cry about brexit , and its sending them potty.

QuoteThey mention how right Macron was over all this,would that be the same Macron falling over himself to be next to dopey Joe in Cornwall?

macron is a dead man walking cromwell . Talk about scratching about in the dirt looking for someone  , anyone to take up their cause.

This is the same macron who has had nothing but negative headlines for years now , wether his disgracefull behaviour and incompetence over covid and vaccines , to his non stop denigration of the french people and their unwilingness to give up hard won working rights we can only dream of.

You know the game is up when manny macron is being touted as the go to politician for leadership in the world today lmfao!!!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 11:04:29 PM
And now the sunday version of the grauniad sticks the boot in. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/21/after-afghanistan-the-pax-americana-is-over-as-is-nato-about-time-too

i agree with this paragraph...

Yet it was Biden's apparent repudiation of the traditional US leadership role that rocked British and European establishments. "Endless military deployments of US forces" in overseas conflicts were not in the national interest, he declared. Afghanistan was solely about defending the "homeland". For those raised in a world defined by American power and ringed by its permanent bases, this was stunning.

and of course we have the usual bleat about brexit and shambolic johnson the anti christ.

The trouble is , the pro european globalists just do not have a party or leader to challenge johnson or brexiters in any meangfull way , so expect non stop bitter bleating digs in what passes as the free media for a long time to come.

They just cannot comprehend brexit was a long time in the making , and a lot of the problems in todays world are being laid at their door when in power.

As i said , we seem to be witnessing a massive change in perception across the western world and the status quo as it has existed since the end of the second world war has gradually been chipped away.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 10:06:18 PM
If you took Labour to the vets he would put them down, that's how sick they are. Changing the meds (leader) isn't going to change that. What they need is a regeneration on the scale of Dr Who.

Without a doubt nick. Starmer is an inept politician , but to be fair to him as i said to people on this forum like good old , labours problems run far far deeper and longer than the coronation of keir starmer.

Classic ill thought out reactionary politics , misdiagnose the problem in labour as "corbyn" , topple the perceived problem , and re install a so called centrist pro european blairite , while forgetting the blairites did a lot of the damage to the labour party in the first place.

I could go on and on , but we have went over it all so many times now its not worth the bother repeating.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 11:30:31 PM
And as expected within that article the first murmurs  of why surrounding all this debacle that brexit was a grave error,a murmur that'll turn in to crescendo.

They mention how right Macron was over all this,would that be the same Macron falling over himself to be next to dopey Joe in Cornwall? Puke
If they are relying on Macron I wouldn't hold their breath, the French are very unlikely to get caught napping again, they would definitely have to cheat him in this time. They don't show it on the TV but the French are still livid.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 11:16:06 PM
I don't expect anything different from them, they are a cult which is looking for a way back.

They mention how right Macron was over all this,would that be the same Macron falling over himself to be next to dopey Joe in Cornwall? Puke
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 11:04:29 PM
And now the sunday version of the grauniad sticks the boot in. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/21/after-afghanistan-the-pax-americana-is-over-as-is-nato-about-time-too

I don't expect anything different from them, they are a cult which is looking for a way back.

cromwell

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 21, 2021, 10:10:02 PM
Here he is pops up like magic to tell Cromwell how it is in the Teflon Dons version of Roman Catholic politics.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/abandonment-of-afghanistan-dangerous-and-unnecessary-says-tony-blair-in-first-comments-since-taliban-seized-country/ar-AANA8sx?ocid=msedgntp
Nice one Sheeps and apologies...... started a thread on this before I saw your post.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 08:39:28 PM
borkie , i think the chinese are taking the "trade dont invade " route.

As for the taliban talk about top level trolling....

Taliban Soldiers in American Gear Recreate WWII Iwo Jima Flag Shot

The Taliban is rubbing America's nose in the mess left behind in Afghanistan -- and they're doing so with a massive troll move ... recreating an iconic war photo, for their own purposes.

A Taliban military unit that calls themselves the Badri 313 Battalion put out a ton of propaganda footage this week -- showing a bunch of these guys rocking what appears to be American uniforms and gear left behind in the chaos from the past few weeks.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/21/taliban-soldiers-american-uniforms-recreate-wwii-iwo-jima-flag-photo/

Quite right Thomas, the Chinese are coming armed with their Cheque Books and the prospect of a Chinese Invasion is just a tabloid fantasy to try and take the edge off the hurt.

I actually have sympathy for Biden for this and think that the ire of the Liberal Interventionists is a sign of their total dislocation from reality. Clearly they view many of his words as Heresy!

Afghanistan was becoming a trap. Not some sort of philosophical or policy trap, but a very physical trap for the NATO military deployed there.
Everybody seems to forget or discount the fact that physically to get in or out of Afghanistan, you need to go through other countries, none off which are particularly friendly. Twenty years ago the US had the power to bribe and bully its way through them. Those days are gone and the routes are being closed. Regional powers are now too strong to be challenged any more. Just look at the NATO forces surrounded at Kabul airport, it is the perfect reproduction of the situation in a microcosm!

To anybody who thinks that the recreation of the withdraw from Saigon was humiliating, just take comfort by thinking what the effect of staying and recreating Stalingrad would have been!