Boris to blame?

Started by cromwell, August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 25, 2021, 03:57:56 PM

Damn. I had such hopes of Boris Kemal to give him his real name making a go of it...
I guess we will be seeing how good the Taliban are at keeping their word under constant pressure from psychotics.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on August 24, 2021, 08:50:13 PM
I don't like to burst the Boris bubble, but he won't be in charge in Afghanistan.

Damn. I had such hopes of Boris Kemal to give him his real name making a go of it...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 25, 2021, 11:56:33 AM

Like many of the Empire's sins, at the time it was probably regarded as God's will, or Britain discharging its obligation in shouldering The White Mans' Burden, so therefore not now to be criticised...
War is over Pat, wish people peace and prosperity, the British people cannot be held responsible for political irresponsible decisions.  Mind you they have different choices now, the good side of the internet has changed that.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/almost-all-uk-citizens-without-dual-nationality-have-left-afghanistan-raab/ar-AANIsJU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
I say we have met our obligations; the politicians and media will follow up with as much chaos as possible, time to set about winning the peace not falling for every piece of Psychosis they can come up with. Or I will be thinking no lessons have been learnt from their previous jollies.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 25, 2021, 08:19:31 AM
Britain should have kept out of Afghanistan back in the 1830s and stayed out. Much as I hate to write this Bojo-The-Clown has been lumbered with the results  nearly 200 years of interference in Afghanistan.

Like many of the Empire's sins, at the time it was probably regarded as God's will, or Britain discharging its obligation in shouldering The White Mans' Burden, so therefore not now to be criticised...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 24, 2021, 08:50:13 PM
Despite Smurphy trying to send another thread into oblivion.

Britain should have kept out of Afghanistan back in the 1830s and stayed out. Much as I hate to write this Bojo-The-Clown has been lumbered with the results  nearly 200 years of interference in Afghanistan.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on August 24, 2021, 04:12:38 PM
The Taliban currently have the upper hand and have announced that they are only happy for internationals to leave but not Afghans. There is not going to be a way out of this without the West looking like fleeing yellow bellies in Taliban eyes and I am afraid this will be much celebrated in the region and farther afield. It's a mess.

I just hope the dead bodies of British squaddies left behind to fight a rear guard action are not left on the runway as the last plane takes off.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

The Taliban currently have the upper hand and have announced that they are only happy for internationals to leave but not Afghans. There is not going to be a way out of this without the West looking like fleeing yellow bellies in Taliban eyes and I am afraid this will be much celebrated in the region and farther afield. It's a mess.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 23, 2021, 07:37:11 PM
Well slag off the Beeb all you like but they got this pretty much right

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58300984
https://us.yahoo.com/news/served-afghanistan-us-marine-twice-100000389.html
If you want truths just well hear some from the horse's mouth.
I would take an educated guess that the European leaders are still begging the Biden regime for more as we speak, all for the greater good of the Afghan people no doubt, if you believe they give a flying feck about anyone but themselves and how they come out of it, you need a check up from the neck up.

cromwell

Well slag off the Beeb all you like but they got this pretty much right

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58300984
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taliban-fire-in-the-air-to-control-crowd-at-kabul-airport/ar-AANBlUk?ocid=uxbndlbing
Erm, but I bet I still couldn't get Pats lemon Perrier carbonated water delivered. Poor old thing, it ain't easy for him and Smurphy ain't been out from under the bed for months and finds all the shelves have been emptied by an invasion.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/news/taliban-crowd-help-making-big-difference-minister/vi-AANB9tn?ocid=msedgntp

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 22, 2021, 01:00:21 PM

That said, who is the main contender for Wee Krankie's job?

I dont think the "individual " matters borkie Just like you didnt vote brexit because of someone like farage , you voted for an ideology where you wanted your country to stand alone and make its own decisions etc , so the same applies with scottish indy.

Sturgeons days are numbered and her party along with her as she fails to further progress regarding another indy ref as promised.

I point out again how history is repeating itself . We mentioned how the old irish party was replaced in ireland with a newer more agrresive sinn fein , well the same is happening in scotland.

Watch this space borkie.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on August 22, 2021, 12:53:14 PM

Sturgeon is a different kettle of fish. She does hve a real and ever growing powerfull rival , and i predict this may well one way or the other be her last term in power.

Unfortunately for you borkie , it wont be unionists replacing her.

Tommy, I can't believe that you fluttered folk north of the border, will not see the error of your ways and return to your true loyalty Tommy.

That said, who is the main contender for Wee Krankie's job?
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quoteauthor=Borchester link=topic=3949.msg69834#msg69834 date=1629632047]

Probably not Tommy, but I dare say that both will survive. I don't understand Ms Sturgeon's obsession with being right on, which is the sort of thing a lass should have gotten over by the time she is out of her teens. And Boris really wants to rule the world and be loved, which seems to be an attempt to square the circle. Still, the alternatives to both seem pretty unappealing so I imagine the dynamic duo will survive.

Buggered if I know what will happen to pensions. The best I can think up is that technology will advance to such an extent that everything will cost sod all and...

I get a bit lost after that, but I am fairly upbeat. I suppose that I should brush up on economics but it is such an arse numbingly dull subject.

sure borkie , but even you can see how hollow these so called nuggets of wisdom are starting to sound.

On the one hand we are being told immigration is great , while at the same time how we cant afford the ever increasing pensioners. Now correct me if im wrong , but all these afghans and somalians or whatever suffer the aging process as do us western types , and one day will grow old and become pensioners , clog up the nhs and need housing and schooling and fed and all the other things same as the rest of us .

At the same time , we are being lectured on this climate change malarkey , while the elephant in the room that is the mass explosion of human popualtion raping the planet is being ignored  while wee jimmy is being told to ditch his 4 by4 and go electric .

I could go on , but eventually the day of reckoning will have to come for the ponzi scheme most governments around the world run , but as ever , no one gives a shit as its not my problem  , the young will have to deal with it at a later date attitude prevails.

Therein lies another problem , and why the pleas to pragmatism fall on deaf ears.

Johnson may survive in england , we have spoken incessantly about the current state of the oppostion facing him  , and how the labour party of the last twenty years has mastered the art of the great pretender dressed up as centrist politics now hamstringing them as no one trust them from their former bases.

Sturgeon is a different kettle of fish. She does hve a real and ever growing powerfull rival , and i predict this may well one way or the other be her last term in power.

Unfortunately for you borkie , it wont be unionists replacing her.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!