Main Menu

USA will cease to exist

Started by Barry, August 19, 2021, 05:36:12 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

That all sounds very much like any Thursday and Friday in Morrisons on Stamford Hill as the chosen hordes choose their groceries prior to Shabbat...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on August 19, 2021, 05:36:12 PM
In Revelation there are many countries alluded to in the end times and wars.
The USA does not appear suggesting it ceases to exist as a power in the world. Has that started?

Nor do many other existing countries. Are you thinking that only those mentioned will be involved? The way I understand it all the world will unite against the Jews and they will face annihilation - something like 1/6th  will survive - and at that moment their Messiah will appear on the Mount of Olives tearing it apart and forming a valley through which they will escape. Only then will they realise His wounds and recognise Jesus of Nazareth.

Before the millennium can happen where everyone lives in peace and harmony for 1000 years, God will rid the world of all the evil one way or another leaving only those worthy. It's not going to be pleasant.

So perhaps they couldn't identify any other countries outside of their sphere. I think the USA is probably here for the duration as will we the UK.

HDQQ

Well Donald Trump is now saying that the USA will cease to exist within three years.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sean-spicer-newsmax-america-b1920400.html
Trump is talking nonsense as usual - unless . . . unless . . . he's making a threat.

As others say, the USA (or indeed the EU or the UK) probably won't last for ever. The USSR didn't, the Roman Empire didn't, the British Empire didn't.
But I can't see any imminent collapse of the USA or EU although the UK looks a bit more fragile.

What would be the most likely scenario for the end of the USA, if that were to happen? Not an attack by a foreign power I don't think - more likely the Union could fall apart from internal friction. More likely maybe, but NOT likely.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on August 19, 2021, 08:49:18 PM
I know you've gone off believing in it, but as a lay preacher, you know it is portrayed as the Revelation of the Risen Christ to John, who was told to faithfully write down all that he was told, except the bits he was told to omit!
So He would know the whole geography.

I reckon America could be attacked catastrophically by powers that could overwhelm them. Imagine if China and Russia joined forces to destroy them.

I'm not so sure. Even when I twanged a guitar in that pulpit I was pretty sure our version of the great flood wasn't worldwide, but impacting the world as the believers knew it.

I think we might have to agree to disagree on this one ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

No empire lasts for ever. China is on its second, and Russia is trying to rebuild its old one under Mafia management. But nowhere since 1900 has a significant state remained an authoritarian one-party dictatorship for longer than a person's lifetime.

The USA remains the world's richest and most militarily powerful country and, despite its current apparent lapse into isolationist leanings, it is still the best friend the West has. There seems no practical reason or gain for either China or a Russia to attack the US on any of its home territories — though Taiwan could ramp up into a proxy battle front.

In a fantasy scenario, the US could fall into civil unrest. Like much of the developed free world, politics in US is almost evenly split between centre Right and centre Left — except in there it appears as between Right and Centre Right. 

The complication in the US is the high gun ownership and disparate armed state, federal and national organisations, some of which could — if care is not taken — find themselves on opposing sides...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 19, 2021, 08:22:28 PM

The standard explanation of the ordinary man must surely be that whoever wrote revelation had very little idea of what lay over the horizon never mind the other side of the world, so it's hardly surprising half the world's continents are missing from their inward looking little area....
I know you've gone off believing in it, but as a lay preacher, you know it is portrayed as the Revelation of the Risen Christ to John, who was told to faithfully write down all that he was told, except the bits he was told to omit!
So He would know the whole geography.

I reckon America could be attacked catastrophically by powers that could overwhelm them. Imagine if China and Russia joined forces to destroy them.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on August 19, 2021, 05:36:12 PM
The USA does not appear suggesting it ceases to exist as a power in the world. Has that started?

The standard explanation of the ordinary man must surely be that whoever wrote revelation had very little idea of what lay over the horizon never mind the other side of the world, so it's hardly surprising half the world's continents are missing from their inward looking little area....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †