Main Menu

Cornwall

Started by Nick, August 20, 2021, 12:09:17 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 08:59:53 PM
...but nicks been out travelling the world and enjoying himself while you were stuck at home hiding under your bed .

Its not how long you live pappy , but how well you live , and you just dont cut the mustard.

I think a couple of weeks out in China might finish him off if he thinks Kippers and bacon is crap.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 21, 2021, 08:53:18 PM
If you eat nothing but the crap on your shopping list your life expectancy has been shortened.

You tell me what is crap on the list?

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 21, 2021, 08:01:25 PM
Thomas if my wife came home with  nothing but the rubbish Nick purchased it would be a divorce.

You're showing your class now Pappy. The only thing a bit suspect on the list is the Jellied Eels and that's cause we've never tried them and they were a quid in the reduced section.

johnofgwent

If you eat nothing but the crap on your shopping list your life expectancy has been shortened.

I am sure I could increase my life expectancy by dumping bacon and other red meat. But why should I live in misery ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 07:46:43 PM
I am feeling a little queasy I admit,not that there's anything wrong with Nick scoffing kippers and moet but he appears to have bought a bikini for £7 it's the thought of him dressed like that that whilst eating and drinking made me a little ill.  :) :) :) :) :)

That's for my weekend work 😉.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 21, 2021, 07:34:50 PM
I won't weep, because, your personal experience does not reflect the generality I would also comment Tesco Extra are a niche market.

You also don't appear to have purchased any food. (Not what I call food anyway. Do you normally live on rubbish like that? )

Any normal person can gauge a situation, just like Barry did.
First night away "Enjoy the celebration". And that is what the shop was: booze for a knees up and stuff for tomorrow's breakfast. Kippers, bacon, bread and a fresh trout that had just landed in the oops section for a couple of quid.

Your deflection tactics aren't fooling anyone on here, the fact is that the shelves were fully stocked and the roads, although busy weren't like a scene out of Mad Max.

The question is... For someone who is allegedly following doctors orders and not going out, why do you think the shelves are empty?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 03:59:52 PM
I can confirm that Tesco in RedRuth is positively bursting with stock, the shelves are overflowing all the usual stuff. There's a fully stocked fish counter with local fish, and there is a very nice deli also. That is that myth been busted, along with the chaos on the roads theory: M5 was reasonably slow but apart from a bump which lost me 20 minutes on the A30 everything is flowing.

Yesterday the wife got out of the car at Lidl Horfield Bristol to replenish our booze supplies at English prices not the state inflated prices found across the Wye in Wales.

The food shelves, with the exception of the in store baked goods which were winding down at the end of the day, were pretty full, far more so than the same stores in Wales

I noticed the same in the Tescos by my daughter's place last week.

I'd like to think it's down to the retailers giving the Marxist shitheads in charge in Wales shortages to match their ideology ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on August 21, 2021, 07:37:59 PM
Borkie he is too busy screaming brexit bad to notice what you are saying to him.

The lorry driver shortage has been predicted for many years and its not just the uk and that ready made excuse its all brexits fault. :D ::)

This is what they were saying a year before covid stuck...

Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe

European road transport firms are racing towards a driver shortage crisis of 150,000 unfilled jobs, according to new research from Transport Intelligence.

In a report released this week, European Road Freight Transport 2018, the supply chain analyst shows that in just six countries – the UK, Germany, France, Denmark Sweden and Norway – the shortage of drivers adds up to 127,500.

The UK leads the way with a shortage of 52,000 drivers, but is closely followed by Germany at 45,000 vacancies – with predictions that this could increase by a staggering 28,000 each year.

https://www.bifa.org/news/articles/2018/dec/truck-driver-shortage-crisis-now-spreading-across-the-whole-of-europe

When is pappy going to stop all this lieing to us and attention seeking?

It's the like of Tesco's screwing every supplier to the ground that is causing the driver shortage. The hauliers can't afford to increase the rates because the growers can't afford to pay them more because of Tesco.

Who wants to do nights away from their family, sitting in a cab alone nurturing a heart condition when they can be home every night after a decent shift for a few shekels less?
That is the problem, nothing to do with Brexit.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 09:00:26 PM
Maybe,but he'll die happy.....pappy ;)

imagine living the life of misery smurf does cromwell? every agonising day of non stop moaning about everything and everyone.?

I bet he gets up from under the bed in the morning and moans when the sun rises.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Maybe,but he'll die happy.....pappy ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

...but nicks been out travelling the world and enjoying himself while you were stuck at home hiding under your bed .

Its not how long you live pappy , but how well you live , and you just dont cut the mustard.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2021, 08:38:26 PM
I'll most likely be dead living off shite as Pappy says. 😂

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 07:46:43 PM
I am feeling a little queasy I admit,not that there's anything wrong with Nick scoffing kippers and moet but he appears to have bought a bikini for £7 it's the thought of him dressed like that that whilst eating and drinking made me a little ill.  :) :) :) :) :)

Depends who is wearing the bikini

Christ, I hope he hasn't bought it for Pappy  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 21, 2021, 07:36:51 PM
Two bottles of Moet!
Enjoy the celebration and keep up the healthy eating.
We need you to code the forum. :)

I'll most likely be dead living off shite as Pappy says. 😂