Main Menu

Cornwall

Started by Nick, August 20, 2021, 12:09:17 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 23, 2021, 12:43:36 PM
Lovely day in Hastings Sun is out and the sky definitely ain't fell in.

Still got sewage on the beach?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Lovely day in Hastings Sun is out and the sky definitely ain't fell in.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 23, 2021, 12:25:04 PM
I am within 5 miles of where you live and the pubs are fine.
Try The Countryman, that's near you, and it's got a full menu. I know as I was in there.

You are not within five miles of where I live, the Countryman is 23 miles away from where I live.
Just because the one pub does not have a modified menu does not extrapolate to where I live. Where all the pubs, restaurants, cafes and hotels have staffing problems and much reduced menus. (Down marketed menus as a result.)

Sheepy

It seems our man on the spot ain't buying what you are selling Smurphy.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 23, 2021, 08:05:08 AMSorry but ALL of the pubs, cafes, restaurants, and hotels where I live have cut down menus.

I am within 5 miles of where you live and the pubs are fine.
Try The Countryman, that's near you, and it's got a full menu. I know as I was in there.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2021, 09:21:34 PM
the pubs have full menus, not some cut down service as you are suggesting.

Sorry but ALL of the pubs, cafes, restaurants, and hotels where I live have cut down menus. Due to staff shortages due to Brexit and also nowhere for staff to live.  They are also having food supply problems.
There have been numerous complaints about and hospitality staff being abused by tourists because of it.
Which is why I had to cook my one birthday dinner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-58149364

Abuse leaves hospitality staff at 'breaking point'
By Amy Gladwell
BBC News

Published2 days ago

Hospitality staff say frustrated customers have left them demoralised and upset with some at "breaking point".

The sector is facing staff shortages, with travel restrictions causing more people to holiday in the UK.

Some staff in Cornwall said they were worn down by being sworn at and threatened with violence when restaurants were full or food delayed.

UK Hospitality "urged all customers to treat staff with respect".

Where you are staying is an aberration. I also note you have been shopping at Tesco Express which if you bothered to check is more expensive and has a much  range of goods that a standard Tesco.
You personal experience is not reflected across Cornwall.
I am also puzzled as to why you are staying in Redruth most locals avoid it unless they have to live there.

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on August 22, 2021, 01:35:32 PMMaybe we should start a porkie pie pappy prediction thread ?
I love alliteration. But not in a pork pie.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on August 22, 2021, 07:22:02 PM
Out of interest, when you or one of your wives are shopping at that Tesco, could you check if there's any Robinsons lemon barley? There's been none locally for months...

Come to Wales. Loads of it in Aldi last week
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 22, 2021, 01:38:53 PM
They had done not such thing. The situation here in Cornwall is dire, which you would know if you followed current affairs.  I am glad I am escaping from the hell hole that is Cornwall for a few days at the end of next week.

Current affairs!! I am here and see nothing of what you are saying. How current do you want? The roads are clear, the pubs have full menus, not some cut down service as you are suggesting.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 22, 2021, 07:22:02 PM
Out of interest, when you or one of your wives are shopping at that Tesco, could you check if there's any Robinsons lemon barley? There's been none locally for months...

I am not Robert Mugabe, I only have one wife.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 22, 2021, 08:02:36 PM

I ended up cooking my birthday dinner myself and very nice it was to.

but was it proper food?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on August 22, 2021, 07:57:57 PM

The mineral water isnt  on the shelves where it should be and the guy who said on here last week he couldnt afford to eat out as it was too expensive is asking if you bought "proper food"?

Not only can't afford to eat out, due to staff shortages local restaurants have had to cut the choice on their menus leaving me no choice of anything to eat.
I ended up cooking my birthday dinner myself and very nice it was to.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2021, 05:47:28 PM
Would you like me to produce the receipt from my wives food shop at the exact same Tesco today?  I am more than happy to.

I bet you wished you had never bothered nick?

The mineral water isnt  on the shelves where it should be and the guy who said on here last week he couldnt afford to eat out as it was too expensive is asking if you bought "proper food"?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Would you like me to produce the receipt from my wives food shop at the exact same Tesco today?  I am more than happy to.

But did she buy any proper food?

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...