Main Menu

Cornwall

Started by Nick, August 20, 2021, 12:09:17 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 23, 2021, 10:14:05 PM
:) :)
Hmmm, I've been in that hostelry, not too long ago. Never happened to me, but I know Hastings is a lovely place to visit and the natives and visitors are pretty friendly.
;D
Well no not in Hastings but in your recent post you definitely  keep humming "Thanks for the Mammarys" ;) ;D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 23, 2021, 10:14:05 PM
Hmmm, I've been in that hostelry, not too long ago. Never happened to me, but I know Hastings is a lovely place to visit and the natives and visitors are pretty friendly.
;D
I think they were having a hen party; girls will be girls, they were having a great time by the look of it, I was thinking I bet there were a few hangovers the next day. They were certainly on full party mode, good luck to them, they have been locked up against their will for over a year.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on August 23, 2021, 01:26:24 PM
Burst sewer along the other end of the seafront Smurphy over at St Leonards sorted now. A bit of shit ain't going to stop the party atmosphere Russ says. I was driving past the Lord Nelson the other day and some young lady was flashing her breasts at me, she shouted out what do you reckon of them then,I said what can I judge them against the others haven't shown me theirs yet, so they did they weren't bad but as I said who cares who has the best ones if you are having a good time. They wanted me to join them, but as usual I had other things on the list of things to do. As I was stuck in traffic anyway, I thought it only right a bit of entertainment was called for.
;D
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 23, 2021, 07:09:04 PM
No supposition involved. It is public knowledge and has been for some time. I really am NOT responsible for people not following current affairs and industry websites and news bulletins.
Stock cannot be shifted out of the warehouses due to driver shortages, and due to those delays it is close to sell by dates when it finally does get to the supermarkets.

This was all local fresh produce: fish, eggs, fruit, nothing to do with transport delays. It wasn't bought and was nearing its shelf life, on a shelf that you maintain is empty.

You can link as many horror stories as you want, the fact is that the lefty papers will always report the stories of doom.
If you actually went to a supermarket you would see the reality which is that the shelves are full.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 23, 2021, 06:32:00 PM
Supposition.......... Yet again.

No supposition involved. It is public knowledge and has been for some time. I really am NOT responsible for people not following current affairs and industry websites and news bulletins.
Stock cannot be shifted out of the warehouses due to driver shortages, and due to those delays it is close to sell by dates when it finally does get to the supermarkets.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 23, 2021, 06:14:18 PM
The problems of close to its sell by date in the supermarket warehouses has been widely reported, no skill on my part involved.
It is because of the lack of delivery drivers and Brexit.

Supposition.......... Yet again.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 23, 2021, 05:51:42 PM
This is a rare skill you have. Knowing the reason for every bit of food being in the reduced section. I'm going to suggest you get the store managers job next time in the shop.

The problems of close to its sell by date in the supermarket warehouses has been widely reported, no skill on my part involved.
It is because of the lack of delivery drivers and Brexit.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 23, 2021, 05:21:00 PM
They were nearly out of date before they were delivered.

This is a rare skill you have. Knowing the reason for every bit of food being in the reduced section. I'm going to suggest you get the store managers job next time in the shop.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 23, 2021, 05:42:47 PM
Thanks — Mrs found a few bottles at Stamford Hill Sainsbury's this afternoon, so she bought two. Still no sparkling water though which will disappoint the girls — they like it with the Robinsons. So it's hard times and deprivation in the PP household at the moment.

Mind you — just seeing your comment on reduced prices — there are some compensations with plenty of usually expensive fish and meat cuts offered as reduced or as specials, but they are near their best-by dates — which is OK if used immediately or can be frozen...

Using IHG as much as I do, I find they put Harrogate Spring water in all the rooms. It is really nice.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 23, 2021, 03:51:57 PM
Will check tomorrow.
Thanks — Mrs found a few bottles at Stamford Hill Sainsbury's this afternoon, so she bought two. Still no sparkling water though which will disappoint the girls — they like it with the Robinsons. So it's hard times and deprivation in the PP household at the moment.

Mind you — just seeing your comment on reduced prices — there are some compensations with plenty of usually expensive fish and meat cuts offered as reduced or as specials, but they are near their best-by dates — which is OK if used immediately or can be frozen...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 23, 2021, 05:14:49 PM
Here's a point!!!

If the shelves are so empty and produce in high demand why are there so many things on my shopping list from the reduced section?

They were nearly out of date before they were delivered.

Nick

Here's a point!!!

If the shelves are so empty and produce in high demand why are there so many things on my shopping list from the reduced section?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 23, 2021, 01:43:37 PM
Apologies. 
I misunderstood your post Reply #97 — no info on the Robinsons Barley then...?

Will check tomorrow.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2021, 08:47:26 PM
I am not Robert Mugabe, I only have one wife.
Apologies. 
I misunderstood your post Reply #97 — no info on the Robinsons Barley then...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 23, 2021, 01:10:15 PM
Still got sewage on the beach?
Burst sewer along the other end of the seafront Smurphy over at St Leonards sorted now. A bit of shit ain't going to stop the party atmosphere Russ says. I was driving past the Lord Nelson the other day and some young lady was flashing her breasts at me, she shouted out what do you reckon of them then,I said what can I judge them against the others haven't shown me theirs yet, so they did they weren't bad but as I said who cares who has the best ones if you are having a good time. They wanted me to join them, but as usual I had other things on the list of things to do. As I was stuck in traffic anyway, I thought it only right a bit of entertainment was called for.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!