Biden not fit for office?

Started by T00ts, August 21, 2021, 09:15:08 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2021, 09:15:08 AMI don't think there can be much doubt that Joe Biden is not altogether altogether. There were obvious concerns before his election and even I could tell that his wife was more or less holding him up at times. He is 78 poor man and whoever persuaded or allowed him to run for President with signs already that his mental faculties were failing should be questioned.
OK, I've only read the OP, but I think there is little point in questioning who is responsible for a senile old man being in the White House.
That would be the democrats who have moved further to the left and will be overjoyed when Amendment 25 means that their darling commie, Kamala Harris can take over the country.
I don't worry, because the USA get what they vote for. They act in haste and can repent at leisure.

It will get worse before the Republicans return to fix it.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 21, 2021, 03:28:16 PM
Nope.

I am an old reactionary who recognises that your truth is not necessarily the same as mine, but both are equally valid.  :)

Biden is a senile old fool and Harris just another power hungry incompetent with a sun tan. And none of that matters because America is a country designed to run itself

It is interesting though borkie the turn of direction the yanks seem to be taking. During trumps term , the language being directed by all the usual suspects was to get him out of office and then get back to business as usual.

Trump was pushed out of office , and a democratic president put in to sighs of relief and anticipation of back to normality , but it hasnt happened.

I understand the personal comments being directed at harris and biden and the suggestions of "fitness" for office , but could it be behind the scenes the yanks are now taking a different direction and moving away from being the western worlds leader , while pouring trillions of dollars and thousands of soldiers lives into protecting the wests interests?

Trump went on endlessly about putting america first , not the west , and looking after uncle sams on personal interests much to the western worlds leaders disgust , but biden appears to be doing the same but being more subtle and diplomatic about it ( well up till now and the afghan debacle)

As cromwell has hinted at , the europeans are now more than ever talking about a european army as the way forward rather than continuing to rely on the old strategy of yank leadership?

Interesting times , but it certainly looks like the yanks are getting the hump big time forking out for the rest of the world as they see it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 02:47:01 PM
Yes well Borky you're an old reactionary blind to inconvenient truths. :P :P

Nope.

I am an old reactionary who recognises that your truth is not necessarily the same as mine, but both are equally valid.  :)

Biden is a senile old fool and Harris just another power hungry incompetent with a sun tan. And none of that matters because America is a country designed to run itself
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on August 21, 2021, 02:35:38 PM
As far as I can see, Harris got where she was by playing the race and gender card in a party (and to a large extent a nation) that is desperate to feel guilty about something. The trouble is that she does not appear particularly well briefed or keen to be so.

I think the US is reliving the 60s. It started with everyone screaming hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today and ended up with folk thinking, you know what, I don't give a f**k how many ex cons get beaten to death by the police, I just want safe streets for me and mine. And then they elected Tricky Dicky as president
Yes well Borky you're an old reactionary blind to inconvenient truths. :P :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 01:58:09 PM
Well I've been keeping an eye on american stuff for a while and in some quarters the knives are already out before she can even make a move.

IMO they should shove dopey Joe aside for being unfit for office,she should get the chance to go......not because she's black or a woman but because she was elected VP,she can then be judged by her actions to the end of the term of office.

As far as I can see, Harris got where she was by playing the race and gender card in a party (and to a large extent a nation) that is desperate to feel guilty about something. The trouble is that she does not appear particularly well briefed or keen to be so.

I think the US is reliving the 60s. It started with everyone screaming hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today and ended up with folk thinking, you know what, I don't give a F@@@ how many ex cons get beaten to death by the police, I just want safe streets for me and mine. And then they elected Tricky Dicky as president

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2021, 12:39:10 PM
You are right of course in the end America loses the most but what I meant was that in health terms Biden has pulled the short straw and where he might have felt able to begin with, his deterioration is obvious. At what point now though do the powers behind the throne call a halt and call on the Vice President? It already seems possible that he isn't actually running things. Is there a power struggle going on already I wonder. Is there a reluctance to call on a black female to take over? Is she strong enough to hold them together?
A very public loss of faculties on the world stage is not a good look for the man or the country. I feel quite sorry for him and the Americans at this point. This could be a massive loss of 'face' if it isn't already with the debacle in Afghanistan. Having said that I am sure the rise of China is a threat that they cannot ignore and perhaps they no longer feel able to fight on all fronts at once. America is no longer the power it once was and a failing President is the last thing they need.
Well I've been keeping an eye on american stuff for a while and in some quarters the knives are already out before she can even make a move.

IMO they should shove dopey Joe aside for being unfit for office,she should get the chance to go......not because she's black or a woman but because she was elected VP,she can then be judged by her actions to the end of the term of office.

patman post

I'm hoping Biden's mumbling public performances are caused by the reappearance of symptoms of his severe childhood stutter. 

But a big uncertainty is how the American electorate will react after eight years of Trump and Biden — Trump encouraged the Preppers in their arming, stockpiling and assassination preparation as they wait for Armageddon, and Biden's apparent bungling and ineptitude reinforces Prepper fears...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 12:01:59 PM
Oh blimey T00ts I think the ones who drew the short straw are the American people,and diverging a little and thinking about it what of our leaders since Churchill there have been a few with competent periods but stand out leaders?......none

You are right of course in the end America loses the most but what I meant was that in health terms Biden has pulled the short straw and where he might have felt able to begin with, his deterioration is obvious. At what point now though do the powers behind the throne call a halt and call on the Vice President? It already seems possible that he isn't actually running things. Is there a power struggle going on already I wonder. Is there a reluctance to call on a black female to take over? Is she strong enough to hold them together?
A very public loss of faculties on the world stage is not a good look for the man or the country. I feel quite sorry for him and the Americans at this point. This could be a massive loss of 'face' if it isn't already with the debacle in Afghanistan. Having said that I am sure the rise of China is a threat that they cannot ignore and perhaps they no longer feel able to fight on all fronts at once. America is no longer the power it once was and a failing President is the last thing they need.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2021, 11:37:42 AM
;D ;D Touche! However in his case he seems to have pulled the short straw and it almost seems cruel to expect so much of him. I looked at the video of him at the last debacle and the chap standing to his left and Kamala looked quite nervous. I get the feeling he is wound up and wheeled out with the hope that he remembers what he has been told. I wonder if he is medicated with anything.
Oh blimey T00ts I think the ones who drew the short straw are the American people,and diverging a little and thinking about it what of our leaders since Churchill there have been a few with competent periods but stand out leaders?......none

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 10:55:38 AM
Well just because you reach your seventies doesn't mean you're mentally deficient, :P however Biden clearly isn't up to the job but amusingly at the last meeting in Cornwall all the leaders were falling over themselves to be seen next to him.

;D ;D Touche! However in his case he seems to have pulled the short straw and it almost seems cruel to expect so much of him. I looked at the video of him at the last debacle and the chap standing to his left and Kamala looked quite nervous. I get the feeling he is wound up and wheeled out with the hope that he remembers what he has been told. I wonder if he is medicated with anything.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2021, 09:15:08 AM
I don't think there can be much doubt that Joe Biden is not altogether altogether. There were obvious concerns before his election and even I could tell that his wife was more or less holding him up at times. He is 78 poor man and whoever persuaded or allowed him to run for President with signs already that his mental faculties were failing should be questioned.

As it is I think it is quite clear that he will not complete his four year term and the USA needs this right now like a hole in the head. Pretty much the whole world is a bit of a mess. The American might looks like becoming a damp squib and there are too many other World leaders who are ready and willing to grab the 'leader of the World' title and not necessarily for the good of the rest of us. What a shame for a man to end his career so sadly but more than that his decline while in his position could well be a turning point for us all.

Well just because you reach your seventies doesn't mean you're mentally deficient, :P however Biden clearly isn't up to the job but amusingly at the last meeting in Cornwall all the leaders were falling over themselves to be seen next to him.

johnofgwent

Well, I think it's more a condemnation of the system that the last couple of presidents and their rivals were the best a superpower could think of. I mean, take last time, choosing between a mulatto and the wife of a serial adulterer because you hate white men so much is a really cool way to go.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

I don't think there can be much doubt that Joe Biden is not altogether altogether. There were obvious concerns before his election and even I could tell that his wife was more or less holding him up at times. He is 78 poor man and whoever persuaded or allowed him to run for President with signs already that his mental faculties were failing should be questioned.

As it is I think it is quite clear that he will not complete his four year term and the USA needs this right now like a hole in the head. Pretty much the whole world is a bit of a mess. The American might looks like becoming a damp squib and there are too many other World leaders who are ready and willing to grab the 'leader of the World' title and not necessarily for the good of the rest of us. What a shame for a man to end his career so sadly but more than that his decline while in his position could well be a turning point for us all.