Will this creature never crawl back under a stone?

Started by cromwell, August 21, 2021, 10:23:23 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 23, 2021, 08:37:54 PM
God knows what will happen when he takes over the Labour party

Another five million of Labours core vote will leave.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 21, 2021, 10:23:23 PM
https://institute.global/tony-blair/tony-blair-why-we-must-not-abandon-people-afghanistan-their-sakes-and-ours

Trying to justify the unjustifiable. Rant

We should not abandon the Afghan refugees because it would be dishonourable and we don't need Blair to tell us that.

Poor sod seems to be losing it. God knows what will happen when he takes over the Labour party

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 23, 2021, 07:42:37 PM
To my mind the accusations of war crimes against Blair have been stoked by the Far Left, and are less credible than charges of war crimes against Churchill, "Bomber" Harris, and those responsible for the military and security excesses in Kenya...Looks like my iPad again — the bit I've put in red came to me in 9pt. I've copied and emailed to myself and it's reverted to 12pt Verdana. So apologies, and it looks like I can only question your depth of feeling about Blair as opposed to others, and quibble about you being bambooozled by long screeds...
Thanks Pat,I voted for Bliar and became bitterly disappointed especially with his kow towing to bush and the non existent special relationship.

Churchill had his human failings but carried this country with him through its darkest days in a way I don't think any other could.

As I've said elsewhere since WW2 how many memorable PM's have we had? one I said stuck out for me was Harold Wilson who told the yanks to sod off and refused to engage in Vietnam I just remembered too if I'm correct that we sold buses to Cuba much to Washingtons ire and against their blockade was another occasion he told them to sod off.

Bliar only evere toadied to Washington,a liar and criminal IMO.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

To my mind the accusations of war crimes against Blair have been stoked by the Far Left, and are less credible than charges of war crimes against Churchill, "Bomber" Harris, and those responsible for the military and security excesses in Kenya...Looks like my iPad again — the bit I've put in red came to me in 9pt. I've copied and emailed to myself and it's reverted to 12pt Verdana. So apologies, and it looks like I can only question your depth of feeling about Blair as opposed to others, and quibble about you being bambooozled by long screeds...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 23, 2021, 05:19:41 PM
As the last par of my post in your quote is all over the place in bold and sizing, making it difficult to see which bits you're meaning draw attention to, I'll withdraw that part. But you have to admit, believing a 600-plus word post (which itself confuses conservative with Conservative amid its general waffle) could ever be a synopsis, does put your judgement into question...

OK Pat thanks for that withdrawal but I don't understand this different sizes you mean,what I quoted is all in one size
and the small part I replied to easily identifiable imo in bold.

Here
Quote from: patman post on August 22, 2021, 04:31:50 pm

It was noticeable that before New Labour came to power in 1997, Tony Blair never detailed what his government would actually offer. The hard slog of modifying Labour's commitment to mass nationalisation and lessening trade union control had already been started by Kinnock. Blair continued by seeming to embracing the Tory ideas of equality of opportunity through a mix of market economics and social justice.   

It worked.   

Blair's optimism about how good a different government would be, broadened Labour's appeal and was infectious enough to give New Labour a landslide victory — though whether this was due more to pro-Labour voting or anti-Tory voting is debatable.

Blair and Thatcher are is still the two longest-serving UK leaders in the last 200 years — and they're also the two most vilified. My opinion is that this is due to Britain generally being conservative which pushes the Far Left into its constant briefing against any popular democracy that allows the country's natural conservatism to influence its selection of its governments.

To my mind the accusations of war crimes against Blair have been stoked by the Far Left, and are less credible than charges of war crimes against Churchill, "Bomber" Harris, and those responsible for the military and security excesses in Kenya...

So in no way was I defending the actions in Kenya

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 23, 2021, 04:37:14 PM
can't you read Pat? look back to the post of yours I quoted and the bit in bold which is what I was replying to........was Kenya in bold?
As the last par of my post in your quote is all over the place in bold and sizing, making it difficult to see which bits you're meaning draw attention to, I'll withdraw that part. But you have to admit, believing a 600-plus word post (which itself confuses conservative with Conservative amid its general waffle) could ever be a synopsis, does put your judgement into question...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 23, 2021, 01:33:00 PM
"Absolute cobblers" is a more fitting description of a post that describes 690 words as a synopsis and also includes the excesses carried out by the British in Kenya "as fighting for our very existence".

While you are entitled to your views and allowed the occasional lapse of judgement, there are enough non-Left commentators on the controversial actions and decisions of my three examples to allow me to consider they could/should have been investigated for crimes against humanity and/or war crimes.  As it is I don't consider either Blair or Thatcher as criminal or despicable.   

Among Blair's achievements are: National Minimum Wage, new employment rights, significant constitutional reforms, the Civil Partnership Act 2004, Good Friday Agreement.
Among Thatcher's achievements are: the Anglo-Irish Agreement, environmental protection, reducing the destructive power of the unions, employed the military in defending British. 

They both achieved plenty that benefits us today...

Cant you read Pat? look back to the post of yours I quoted and the bit in bold which is what I was replying to........was Kenya in bold?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 23, 2021, 01:33:00 PM

Thatcher did bugger all that benefited me, and the right to buy has proven to be a disaster.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 22, 2021, 07:21:56 PM
Absolute cobblers,we were fighting for our very existence not in a show of howdy Sheriff you and me meander down to the saloon......can I be your deputy George? please....pretty please I'll do anything you say sheriff.
"Absolute cobblers" is a more fitting description of a post that describes 690 words as a synopsis and also includes the excesses carried out by the British in Kenya "as fighting for our very existence".

While you are entitled to your views and allowed the occasional lapse of judgement, there are enough non-Left commentators on the controversial actions and decisions of my three examples to allow me to consider they could/should have been investigated for crimes against humanity and/or war crimes.  As it is I don't consider either Blair or Thatcher as criminal or despicable.   

Among Blair's achievements are: National Minimum Wage, new employment rights, significant constitutional reforms, the Civil Partnership Act 2004, Good Friday Agreement.
Among Thatcher's achievements are: the Anglo-Irish Agreement, environmental protection, reducing the destructive power of the unions, employed the military in defending British. 

Sheepy

He doesn't have a choice but crawl from under his rock, whenever people are having a change of consciousness as they are no longer following the agenda and have seen through the false reality. He will pop up and try to reset the agenda, it ain't rocket science just mind control.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 22, 2021, 10:21:40 PM

Surely this is him trying to collect another years slush fund as a peace envoy.

possibly john , but go on any social media platform and all you read is widespread criticism of blair and his message.

I bet johnson is thanking his lucky stars blair has come out the woodwork along with the other reptiles like lord robertson .

Most of us blame blair anyway for the afghan debacle , but for those whose memory needs refreshing or too young to remember, blairs bleating is putting him and his new labour adminsitration back in the firing line.

Starmer and the current labour shower must be groaning in despair . :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on August 22, 2021, 08:28:00 PM
Well I see the creature has been all over the media today citing  "the forever wars" an imbecelic slogan.

Well Bliar what would best describe the slogan of non existent "weapons of mass destruction" answers on a postcard please to the "the tony bliar institute of global lies"

Surely this is him trying to collect another years slush fund as a peace envoy.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Well I see the creature has been all over the media today citing  "the forever wars" an imbecelic slogan.

Well Bliar what would best describe the slogan of non existent "weapons of mass destruction" answers on a postcard please to the "the tony bliar institute of global lies"

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 22, 2021, 07:16:41 PM
Spot on synopsis Thomas  ;)

Cheers cromwell , but as you know its nothing new.

How many times have we heard the latest re invention and re writing of tony blair and new labours time in power , and how many times has the "reinvented nonsense" been put to the sword ?

Stuart campbell of wings fame , and i know you are no fan of his , had it spot on when he wrote the article "the death cult of Tony blair , " which the highlighted part of my earlier post is from.

This bollocks about new labour pre 1997 not detailing what it stood for , is exactly that , utter bollocks.

His 1997 manifesto was far more left wing than our "historical revisionists "care to remember.

The whole point about blair , his lies , and the farce that was new labour  , is the very fact they lied in their original manifesto to capture the left wing vote , and only partially delivered on it.

As i said ten months after his coronation , we had headlines about new labour and blair cheating , and it was all downhill from there.

To be fair , just as the conservatives couldnt muster any sort of realistic likelyhood of being elected between 1997 and post 2005 , so too are labour now in the same position if not worse since post 2010.

Blair didnt have to grapple with scot indy , nor brexit , nor many other issues that plague us today , and of course the mess he left behind in astronomical pfi debt only came to light years after his dethronement. ( now afghanistan)

Still all good fun. They say shakespeare was the worlds biggest historical bullshitter , but i tell you , some people run him close if not better.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!